Tonbridge Angels vs Dulwich Hamlet (Sat 3/8/19)

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Jul 29, 2019.

1. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

Mishi if you're there you will see me. BUT I AM NOT GOING TO TELL YOU MY NAME AND GIVE UP MY CLOAK OF ANONOMITY

editor likes this.
  2. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

;)

3. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

Ashley Maynard-Brewer in goal today - young Australian keeper from Charlton, presumably on loan whilst Preston and Grainger recover?

B.I.G and Pink Panther like this.
  4. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Played on loan for Chelmsford and Hampton last season, 6 National South appearances for each, so at least he's familiar with the level and style of football.

5. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

ta keeper sent off

6. Lucy Fur

so that's 2-0 from the spot! yesssssss

7. Lucy Fur

crazy game, weve given away a pen

8. Lucy Fur

2-1

editor likes this.
  9. editor

editor hiraethified

Up the Hamlet!

10. Pink Panther

We had Quade Taylor sent off early while it was still 0-0, so ten against ten.

11. cg__

cg__ Active Member

Listening to the radio commentary and a minute ago you could hear a Tonbridge fan shout 'Ijaha you are not the referee'

From the sounds of it we might be hearing a lot of that this season haha

B.I.G and Pink Panther like this.
  12. editor

editor hiraethified

13. editor

editor hiraethified

Yes! 2-1 to the Hamlet! :)

14. Pink Panther

I recall shouting something like that myself at Welling this time last year.

Slightly odd commentary position with Baleboy almost drowned out by background voices at times. At half time it sounded like he was broadcasting from the day room of a care home.

15. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Steve McDimm.

16. Pink Panther

Steve McQuim.

EDC, Lucy Fur and B.I.G like this.
  17. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

He will do well tbf. His support dont appreciate him on a purely football level.

18. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Good result, especially when they were a man up. Think Tonbridge will struggle hugely.

B.I.G likes this.
  19. Pthorne

Pthorne Active Member

Danny Mills is good.

B.I.G likes this.
  20. tonysingh

tonysingh Random Clever and Witty Strapline

How many did we bring to the game?

21. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Well-Known Member

Feisty game, strong performance and and excellent result.

Maynard Brewer - solid between the post, nothing he could do about the pen

Quade Taylor - sent off in the 13th minute, didn’t see it but sounds like a last man red card, shame for him

Barnes, Orlu, Connors - all excellent and didn’t seem fazed by the dismissal of Taylor, all defended well and still offered a threat up front, especially Connors who should have had a penalty for a surging run into the box and was clipped just inside the box

Monlouis, Smith - worked well to bring our attackers into the game, closed down the opposition and stopped Tonbridge dominating when they went a man up with clever positioning, kept a good shape, made some important tackles

Ijaha - BEAST. Did everything. Great passing. Greater tackles. Monster runs through the middle. Scored a brilliant header. Lead the team. I think he likes it when the opposition sing his name.

Clunis, Mills, Monakana - all lead the line very well despite not getting much service. Clunis and Monakana looked hungry when out of possession, chasing everything and working hard for their team. Balls into the box are getting better, still need someone to put them in the back of the net. Mills is quality, again winning everything against the Tonbridge CB’s.

Ref - some things never change...

Overall we managed the game exceptionally well considering we went a man down. The team looks vastly improved, we still have a few first team players out injured. We looked better after Quade was sent off, Tonbridge looked better when they had their keeper sent off. What a start to the season! Roll on Tuesday!

22. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I saw Mishi doing a head count.

23. StephenMac

Without over-analysing it, Tonbridge are, at this moment, a poor side at this level. Good time to play them because they can only get better. We'd have beaten them with last season's squad undoubtedly. But you can only beat what's put in front of you etc.

We go agaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiin...

YTC, RabbleLevi and baleboy_93 like this.
  24. StephenMac

Also, Ijaha will be player of the year. By a mile.

Poids and baleboy_93 like this.
  25. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Did well today. Mills and Ijaha were exceptional, as was Barnes. Strangely enough, we looked better when we were playing against eleven men - as soon as they put their right back in goal we didn't threaten at all. That said, we had been playing for about fifty minutes with ten men, so we may have been out of puff.

We looked streetwise. I often feel that Gavin Rose sides buckle in feisty encounters, but we did the opposite today. Tonbridge were the ones who looked frustrated, unable to cope with the physicality of Mills, Ijaha and Smith.

Thought the keeper did well and made a couple of decent catches/saves. Interesting to see Lewis White come on as well. Hope he gets a decent chance soon. Have to say, I'm very underwhelmed by Yussuff. He came on today and looked anonymous. I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think he's better than or even as good as Dipo.

We've got a frightening amount of players out at the moment: Vose, Chapman, Edwards, Grainger, Tajbakhsh, Hunte, Gnahore, and now Taylor. I was told today that Terrique Anderson is still around too, but is also injured. Wealdstone is going to be a tough one on Tuesday - a real test of not only our starting XI, but of the lads on the bench too.

RabbleLevi, B.I.G and Poids like this.
  26. StephenMac

When you get to shit house Tommy Brewer it's all good.

B.I.G and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  27. Pink Panther

Unless the regulations have changed Taylor will be available on Tuesday but serves a one match ban next Saturday. Concussion protocols mean Grainger is still unavailable on Tuesday but should be back next Saturday.

28. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Tommy Pooer.

29. StephenMac

Can't see him coming back from that.

Poids and B.I.G like this.
  30. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Crapanagh never did. But then he went to the toilet that is Kingstonian.