Tonbridge Angels vs Dulwich Hamlet (Sat 3/8/19)

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Jul 29, 2019.

1. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Once upon a time when the subforum of Urban75 was yet to even be created, there was another forum that had the purpose of discussing Dulwich Hamlet. This forum had a poster who was called Inbetweener. Inbetweener was extremely thin skinned and argumentative.

Unlike this forum, the rules of that forum didn’t specifically preclude mentioning people’s identity and so many posters asked Inbetweener about who they were, especially as Inbetweener used to enjoy being unpleasant to other posters such as Griff and Bob.

Inbetweener was so thin skinned and petty that he had once deleted all the posts from the Dulwich forum. He deleted the entire forum with all the information posted by everyone.

Luckily for them they operated under a pseudonym so no one ever 100 percent knew who was behind that man baby’s keyboard.

I for one am happy that Urban has a policy of anonymisation considering its philosophy across the boards. Its a shame some people believe that their beliefs outweigh the rights and responsibilities of signing up to something run for free by volunteers.

Poor Inbetweener.

2. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

On the way to the ground. Think I said at the time that eating a sandwich was probably one of the least offensive things a Hamlet supporter had done in a cemetery on an away day.

3. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Is a graveyard the same as a cemetery though?

4. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

Was you up still fixing the monitor*

*the poor mans Monument

Cyclodunc likes this.
  5. StephenMac

#Don'tknow

LouiseDHFC, Nivag, Cyclodunc and 2 others like this.
  6. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Perhaps you should ask yourself why 'that person' used the pseudonym Inbetweener & why they deleted the forum...

7. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I asked myself... and the answer is that person must have wished for anonymity.

Shame its something you now seek to deny others.

Perhaps you should ask yourself why you can’t respect the wishes of others and the rules of this forum. Maybe take some time to think about it.

8. Being from tonbridge, I'd avoid the wetherspoons as is really slow service, and go 100m down the road and crossover to The Gatehouse.

Cheap beers (Guiness is £3.75 as a guide), good staff, decent food if you want it and eight large tvs which will show the lunchtime game).

Also, right behind the station is the Station House, which is cash only but again really cheap (£2.95 for a guiness) and has load of tvs.

Also a shout out to the George and Dragon on the way down.

If I was coming from town and depending on your timescale, I would do Station House behind the station as a meeting place, walk down the High St for five mins to the Gatehouse (on the other side of the road), a ten min walk to the George and Dragon (on the same side of the road and just past Tonbridge School (which looks like some kind of hogwarts thing), and then walk up until you see The Greyhound (which is next to a petrol station and about ten mins from the George and Dragon). If you must, have one there but it's a bit of a locals pub.

Opposite that pub is the cemetery. Walk down the hill until you get to the end and turn left and you are there.

It's a 30-40 min walk to the ground from the station but if you break it up like this then you won't even notice it

Nivag, pettyboy, Cat Daisy and 4 others like this.
  9. Dulwich Mishi

I have no problem with anonymity to an extent..if that's the rules of the forum. But I do find it strange & not right that I am supposed to have conversations with people who I don't know who they are, but they have the perfect right to slag me off.
    As it happens I know who you are, so that's not a real problem...but it would be nice out of courtesy to know who I'm chatting to on here.
    That person, as you called them in my last post, was clearly me, as you well know. No that person did not wish for anonymity, they were making a point. And your answer was wrong as to why they deleted the entire forum...but nice try.* (*It wasn't actually, but I said that to show I can do 'polite')

B.I.G likes this.
  10. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I love a new season. Maybe you have a guest pass. But if you’d like me to pay for your entry tomorrow as a sign of good will and new starts. Let me know.

My advice if you want to know who someone is start a private conversation with them and they might let you know.

Mishi. Always a legend.

pettyboy, StephenMac and AverageJoe like this.
  11. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Yes, you're right about 'spoons, it's OK for an early pint but it does get busy with all the food orders. I beleive there's a Harvey's pub somewhere near StephenMac 's cemetery but I've never found it? Looking forward to the footpath afterwards.

12. I think the George and Dragon serves Harvey's. Its a free house and run by my mate, but I don't go there often (three other pubs closer) so I can't vouch for the beer.

That pub also has lots of screens and two pool tables, so on the way back, pop in for the first half and now your acclimatised to the location, hit the Gatehouse for the second half (and they'll probably have some kind of happy hour on, which may be mainly cocktails, but hey - 2-4-1 is 2-4-1 isn't it...) and then toddle back up to town early enough to put the kids to bed and then pop out again a little later

Cat Daisy likes this.
  13. And if you really want too, then by all means check out the Beer Seller (on the high St on the left hand side just after WHSmiths (which is on the right hand side) if you want craft beers), and Fuggles, which is on the right hand side between the Gatehouse and the George and Dragon. Neither are cheap though.

Cat Daisy likes this.
  14. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy Member

New Day Festival?! Although I see The Fierce & The Dead are playing - they're very good.

Thanks for the info - Harveys pubs are usually good. May never get to the ground!

15. StephenMac

The footpath YOU led us up that time should be unnecessary. That was a game in winter so it was dark at the final whistle. The cemetery should still be open at 5pm in the summer.

16. Dulwich Mishi

No I don't have a guest pass. Occasionally I am fortunate enough to be offered a complimentary for an away game. Tomorrow is not one of them, so I will happily claim my £13 cost of a ticket from you. Thank you.

B.I.G and StephenMac like this.
  17. tonysingh

tonysingh Random Clever and Witty Strapline

bloody freeloader. :D

18. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

love to see The Dead after all these years , never heard of The Fierce though ..........

19. takkforalt

takkforalt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The 15:30 slot on Saturday... :confused:

Attached Files:

Cat Daisy, Cyclodunc and B.I.G like this.
  20. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

What time are you leaving the wetherspoons?

21. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

No harm in trying .

22. Dulwich Mishi

Dunno, about two?

B.I.G likes this.
  23. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

OK will come give you the money before 2, am aiming to arrive at 13:16, maybe 12:46 :)

See you there.

24. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Just swop phone numbers and all this can be kept private

25. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

No chance :)

We could hide from the world like the Tonbridge forum though.

26. StephenMac

Highlights of Tonbridge losing 4-3 to Kingstonian last Saturday for anyone bored/wanting to suss Saturday's opposition/Kenny Beaney groupies/fans of the shouty voices of McKimm and Bird sounding like furious sea lions:

bkbk likes this.
  27. EKC

EKC New Member

The Greyhound closed years ago. The Royal Oak is close to the cemetery.

28. My bad!!!!

29. The locals pub still applies though :thumbs:

30. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

I'm going to go to the Spoons (Old Skool) but I'm going to prance about in a retro Palermo top (nu veaux). Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!