Tonbridge Angels vs. Dulwich Hamlet, Sat 16th Dec 2017

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Cyclodunc, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Who's in? (I'm not.)

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Yeah baby. And I'm DJing the Dogstar later with a guest list for chums, so hit me up.

3. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

Actual 400% fuck that.

3hrs by train, for Tonbridge?

That said: enjoy!

4. YTC

YTC Human Man

Missing one of my favourite away days unfortunatly. The massive spoons, EDC leading us through some kind of marsh land behind some houses, the acoustics of the sheds behind each goal.

Hope they've stopped microwaving their burgers though, last one repeated on me repeatedly.

mrs quoad likes this.
  5. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

A return from Peckham Rye to Tonbridge is £17.00. Southeastern are at present doing advance tickets from Charing Cross, Waterloo East and London Bridge at £6.10 each way!

6. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

upload_2017-12-12_8-30-33.png

:hmm:

7. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Obtaining the cheapest fare is a ridiculously complex operation. The £6.10 each way advance tickets (i.e. £12.20 return) are only valid for one nominated train in each direction and doesn't include any additional expenditure in getting to London Bridge. Super Off Peak Day Return from London Bridge to Tonbridge is £14.20 and valid on any service, one third off for discount card holders. There are 7 trains an hour direct to Tonbridge from London Bridge, journey times 33-38 minutes.

For anyone using stations on the Brixton - Beckenham Junction line there are trains every 15 mins to Orpington; change there for Tonbridge, where again there are four trains an hour. Fare from Brixton is £12.70, one third off for discount card holders. Total journey time from Brixton including connection 55 mins.

In my experience the main thing to bear in mind with finding the cheapest fares is that they are often only available from stations managed by the operating company in question, or in advance from their website, in this case Southeast Trains. You may not be able to obtain them from stations managed by Southern Trains or London Overground. For me it's £6.45 return from Sydenham Hill via Orpington with Network Card discount.

Tonbridge's ground is a long hike from the station, although there is a bus service from the stop outside the station that will take you most of the way and drop you in Darenth Avenue. Otherwise turn left out of the station and keep going in a straight line through the centre of town along the High Street until you reach the junction with Darenth Avenue, turn left and the ground is at the bottom of the hill. It's a good half hour's walk. Map linked:

Location Map.

There are several pub options along the route including the Humphrey Bean (Wetherspoon's) on the left hand side just before the bridge across the Medway. There is also a recently opened 'micropub', Fuggles Beer Café (albeit not very 'micro' in size to judge from the images on their website,) further along the High Street on the opposite side which I intend to try this time:

Tonbridge

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  8. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Pink Panther likes this.
  10. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Tottenham has a castle, doesn't mean any fucker wants to go there.

For me, the most interesting thing about Tonbridge is that it has two Greggs on the same street.

editor likes this.
  11. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

You don't need to travel that far to enjoy this, Bromley High St has two as well :thumbs:

clog and StephenMac like this.
  12. StephenMac

Well that's the final nail in the Tonbridge coffin for me.

Noss and Nivag like this.
  13. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

So does Wimbledon Broadway

clog, StephenMac and Nivag like this.
  14. StephenMac

Shit. A new personal low - called out an internet forum for my poor Greggs knowledge. No more revelations please, i'm reeling.

Cyclodunc and Fingers like this.
  15. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

So has Orpington.

clog and Fingers like this.
  16. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

Lower Marsh used to have that.

17. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

You might have looked all flash on BBC Evening news tonight Mr StephenMac but this has come crashing down all around you mate.

Noss and clog like this.
  18. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Cannot begin to understand how you feel Macca.

takkforalt and StephenMac like this.
  19. StephenMac

Nobody can, Dunc, nobody can.

20. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Rye lane had two, until one was burnt down in the riots. It's been rebuilt now...and is probably 'taco queen' or something.

21. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

That's gentrification for you.... probably what the local private landlords want.

22. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Member

I'll be there. Sounds like we might be short of a few tomorrow though

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

So a 1-1 draw. Was the match any good?

24. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Noooooooooooooo
    So wanted us to be top of the League on Christmas day
    looking unlikely

and see Reise didn't start (great for him, but will be a terrible loss)

Thanks for those who tweet to update us stuck at home, at work etc.............

Roll on Leiston

25. Al Cunningham

Al Cunningham Brockley Hamlet

We dominated for long spells with our passing for overall I think a fair result. Great goal by Nyrun just after ht .. Top corner from left of box after a good move. Looked in control but they then had 10 minutes with balls flying into our box. Ended with a goal when thei player just got there before Preston and chipped it in. First half was pretty dire with us in control. Their Goalie good save from NB-Y . Second half exciting with broken play which finished with another excellent save from N B-Y.

Heard Reise who was watching saying he was not playing due to kick on the foot.

StephenMac and Pink Panther like this.
  26. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

Spoke to Reise before the game and he has a minor knock which we didn't want to risk!

27. StephenMac

Back to not taking chances I think. Reise is going to leave quite a hole when he goes.

Not sure whether Ferguson is lacking confidence but he chose not to shoot when in a great position at least three times. He was hitting them from much less promising positions earlier in the season.

Not at all sure why Preston was where he was for the equaliser. Ref was going to give a penalty if it hadn't gone in.

Their keeper made a couple of fantastic saves. A definite upgrade on grumpy top-knot bloke from the last few seasons.

Poids, Noss, Pink Panther and 2 others like this.
  28. StephenMac

And Tonbridge should be doing better with the likes of Miles, Turner and Akrofi in the team. Mind you, they've got the artist formerly known as Xav too.

Pink Panther likes this.
  29. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Turner is an excellent player. I remember him absolutely annihilating Sankofa at CH a few seasons back. He's old fashioned insofar as he can skin a full back, but he's got a good end product too (as he annoyingly demonstrated yesterday). I'd absolutely love him in a DHFC shirt.

StephenMac likes this.
  30. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Steve McKimm is a massive cunt. Even worse that he is a an ex-player. Bitter bitter bitter cunt.