Tolpuddle Martyrs Festival

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by manji, May 27, 2018.

1. manji

manji Well-Known Member

So what’s it like then ? Apologies if incorrect but it looks like an Echo Chamber Middle Class Piss up to me

2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

You've lurked so well for eleven years, why break cover for this topic?

Nigel and Badgers like this.
  3. manji

manji Well-Known Member

I post occasionally. I’m getting over a stroke so I’ve got shit loads of time on my hands. Being doing a lot of reading. Studying. Tolpuddle just looked a bit worthy to me.
    I think you’ll find I’m sound politically. Physically confronted South Coast Resistance when they had a march down here
    Been active for the Palestinian cause.
    I’ve just found since I’ve stopped working Politics is far more nuanced than I thought.

4. chainsawjob

chainsawjob Kipping in the dunes

Well I guess I shall find out today what it's like, not been before, just going down for the free day. I'm looking forward to it, interested to see what it's like, looks good to me, you don't have to listen to speeches all day, not that I mind the occasional speech ;) Driving and taking a kid, so it won't be drunken for me :)

5. chainsawjob

Now no kid ( :( )and going by train.

6. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Bringing YOU round.....

Do the guided tour through the village and stop at the pub for lunch! ( the tour is on a tablet and you just follow the instructions )
    I did it this time last year.

chainsawjob likes this.
  7. chainsawjob

It was too hot to walk around much kalidarkone! Finding shade was more of a priority, it was so baking. I'd like to go back and do the tour another day though, and go round the museum.

Enjoyed it though, for the music, and hearing Jezza speak. But mostly for hanging with friends in the sunshine :)

Nigel, kalidarkone and JimW like this.
  8. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Bringing YOU round.....

Yeh I didn't go to the actual festival and it was pissing with rain.

Nigel likes this.