Toby Young is a c0nt

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by Blagsta, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Raheem

Raheem Well-Known Member

Tbf they don't do it with a cymbal crash or anything.

bimble, Badgers and MightyTibberton like this.
  2. Dogsauce

Dogsauce Lord of the Dance Settee

Johnson's brother appointed Young, all part of some cosy clique of far-right elitists. It's all a fucking game for them, like they're still playing devil's advocate at some posh school debating club, only they mean it now and there's real lives/power involved.

3. tim

tim Well-Known Member

One lesson certainly learnt is don't give Toby young a job. He's always had plenty of enemies and this will have given him a few more. The Tories really aren't that nice to each other.

4. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

That is just disgusting. :mad:

5. existentialist

existentialist # #A52A2A

"Nice" is a concept it's very hard to shove a pound sign in front of - why on earth would Tories consider it a commodity of any value?

tim and MightyTibberton like this.
  6. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

In the wake of the most recent revelations concerning this arsehole, someone has done a thread on eugenics on twitter ensuring at least for now that this doesn't entirely go away.

7. Idris2002

Idris2002 the liberation forces make movies of their own

They always meant it. That's what their private schools were for.

8. MightyTibberton

MightyTibberton Well-Known Member

Toby Young has had enough of being "slandered" and specifically of being called a "eugenicist". So he's written an article defending himself and his views by linking to an article in which he describes how he's in favour of eugenics!

Screenshot-2018-1-11 The Fall of the Meritocracy.png

9. MightyTibberton

I'm sort of hoping this is going to end up in court to be honest. He's slagged off a load of people for saying what they've said about him, and what they've said seems to be accurate - can you sue someone for libel if they incorrectly say you've libelled them?

Idris2002 likes this.
  10. MightyTibberton

I'm not in favour of killing off all of the Jews, just the poor and stupid. Liberals should love my progressive genocide.

11. Quote

Quote Well-Known Member

He's a pisstain on the trousers of humanity.

Also, his take on eugenics is basically: 'the poor are so awful, but if they were given the chance to breed with upper class stock like me they might not be so fucking useless'. Which ignores the whole gamut of difficulties and issues that stop poorer people from rising to the heights that this fucking hemorrhoid was able to, despite having no intelligence, charm, wit, decency or empathy.

It's not down to eugenics or head measurements, it's because most people weren't born into cushy lives like you were, you odious eggheaded cunt. Had you any acquaintance with the real world beyond private schools, members clubs and old boys networks you'd be a better position to understand (and to pass judgement on those less fortunate than you).

Almor, campanula, bimble and 5 others like this.
  12. tim

tim Well-Known Member

Except of course he does have such an acquaintance, having been educated at comprehensive schools in London and the West Country;and got his first job on a YTS scheme. Perhaps he resents the fact that his upper--middle class parents chose not to him a posher education.

13. MightyTibberton

I was thinking about this a bit today after reading his biog on Wikipedia.

I wondered if his family history might explain the attraction of eugenics to him. Because after that Rocky start he was rescued by a private school and got into Oxford after a phone call from his dad. Then he was parachuted into the top levels of journalism. But, despite all this stuff that reeks of nepotism he keeps ducking up, it almost looks like self sabotage.

I know this sort of psychoanalysis is useless in many ways, but you can't help wondering if someone with that history who adopts a deliberately repellent persona and then starts dabbling in fascist ideas is deeply ducked up in some way.

14. Smangus

Smangus comatose at a desk

thick as well as being a cont.

MightyTibberton likes this.
  15. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw acknowledging ur soup leg

Amateur psychology alert: he resents that he hasn't measured up to his father Michael, who drafted the 1945 Labour manifesto and set up the Open University, amongst other things. Everything is a reaction against, or a warped imitation of, that.

16. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

his take on eugenics is that if people won't sleep with him they shouldn't be allowed to have children

Badgers likes this.
  17. redsquirrel

redsquirrel This Machine Kills Progressives

Are you Robert Booth?

18. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw acknowledging ur soup leg

God damn it, I could have pitched my throwaway post on U75 to the bloody Guardian! :mad:

19. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

If he's having trouble finding someone to sleep with, may I suggest he go fuck himself?

Nylock, Kaka Tim and Pickman's model like this.
  20. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

[​IMG]

21. tim

tim Well-Known Member

That's unfair. He is driven by nobler objectives.

His pioneering free school, despite its selective recruitment policy and the extra resources given it, is still only rated as mediocre. HIs hope that is having high IQ embryos implanted into the female population of the school catchment area might in the long-run result in OFSTED classifying it as an outstanding school.

[​IMG]

22. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

oh look the piece of shit didn't get the job on his own merits (say it aint so) but by shennanigans.
    Ministers meddled in Toby Young getting OfS role, report finds
    This bit should leave us in no doubt as to the role of the new body:

23. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Space/time supply indicators near to zero

The front of these cunts is breathtaking

24. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

Especially when it benefits a eugenicist; that isn't survival of the fittest ffs.

Badgers, NoXion and comrade spurski like this.
  25. NoXion

NoXion Eat leaden death, demon...

Almost as if they know that shit like eugenics is pseudoscientific bullshit or something.

agricola likes this.
  26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

This a great Twitter spat where shitcunt Toby gets his arse delivered on a plate. The twat.

Click on for the all-star exchange. Even Mary Beard is in there was well as TobyBallSack.

27. Mr Retro

Mr Retro Beware hedgehogs

I think Lammy is doing really well lately. I like him a lot.

He posted an image of a card he was sent on Twitter yesterday. It was an image of a monkey on the front and you can guess the tone of the (obviously unsigned) message from there. It really pulled me up that a London man, fighting for Londoners, can get that kind of racial abuse in 2018.

28. Poi E

Poi E Pessimism: a valuable protection against quackery.

Really? You are surprised?