Toby Young is a c0nt

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by Blagsta, Apr 2, 2011.

1. RD2003

RD2003 Well-Known Member

I also caught the programme halfway through. He didn't appear to be endorsing anything exactly, but calling on various 'experts' from either side of the argument. He also seemed to be questioning the kind of world it would be if the genetic 'predispositionists' were to win the argument.
    Admittedly, I was only half-listening.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  2. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

Toby Young promotes a vision of a Marxist utopia:

That should definitely have been in the Labour manifesto.

3. mather

mather Well-Known Member

Is Toby young rooting for Corbyn now? Honestly if Corbyn were to lock him up I somehow doubt that would lose him any votes whereas it would probably gain him a few.

Pickman's model likes this.
  4. J Ed

J Ed Follow Back Pro Expropriation

Lock him up!

5. mather

mather Well-Known Member

Lock em all up!

6. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

Young put out a tweet dissing Corbyn over his not having a university degree:

young tweet.jpg
    Conrad Landin (Morning Star reporter) then asked Young how he got into Oxford, only for Young to swiftly nuke his own ill-judged snark...

YOUNG1.jpg YOUNG2.jpg

7. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

I hope Greenpeace, Oxfam and the rest of the charities affected by the lobbying ban are keeping detailed notes of what Young and the NSN are doing in this election.

8. Whagwan, Dogsauce and 19force8 like this.
  9. FridgeMagnet

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    agricola and The Pale King like this.
  10. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

The OfS is that bad an idea, with so much opportunity for corruption, that I really cannot think of anyone more suitable to be associated with it than Tobes.

11. Nylock

Nylock I hate 'these days'...

Next up in Tobes' mission to buttfuck education: Free Universities (though not fee-free ofc)

12. vanya

vanya Well-Known Member

Tobes and the taming of higher education.

All That Is Solid ...: Toby Young and the Taming of Higher Education

13. FridgeMagnet

Yes, it’s actually pretty good casting by the Tories tbh. Young can be the cunt he is in public a bit more and distract from what it’s all for. Probably he’ll get on Jo Johnson’s “culture wars” bollocks nicked from the US r/wing and there’ll be a big fuss about that.

14. equationgirl

equationgirl Respect my existence or expect my resistance

I can't think of a worse person to appoint to be honest. By his own admission he didn't really work hard to get into uni, and only got in because the college fucked up by issuing the wrong letter and his dad phoned up to make them admit him.

How is he going to represent those born without privilege of any kind?

15. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse Free the Sepsis Six!

He’s a Tory so won’t even try to make out he gives
    a fuck.

This corruption/cronyism is taking the piss now. Just look around; foreign secretary a raving racist, Brexit bod an outright, but very poor bullshitter, health minister who co-wrote a book on why the NHS needs to be privatised...it’s fucking appalling and we still endlessly hear that a Corbyn government would be a disaster for the country :facepalm::mad:

Almor, Plumdaff, nastybobby and 10 others like this.
  16. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

17. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

18. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

Toby Young and the fable of the bees | Richard Seymour on Patreon

19. hipipol

hipipol Peckham Wry

I met him once, ten years ago, at a premiere for some documentary, he was a guest at the same event. I hovered around, eavesdropping a conversation, well a pontification by him, to his claque, someone decided to introduce me to the great man. "Its rare to meet someone who matches their public persona" say I. He said something back that I do not recall, I wasn't paying attention as I had my abuse to deliver, " you are the vacuous git I had anticipated", he let go of my hand and turned away before he saw my face cracking open into worlds biggest smile. The creature is despicable

20. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

It's been taking the piss for years tbf. It's just that now they feel no need to be a tad modest about it and are confident that it can be blatantly waved under everyone's noses with little chance of any blowback. Unfortunately they seem to be right. As a very generalised observation, people seem to be largely apathetic/indifferent and/or resigned to it.

21. FridgeMagnet

22. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

23. FridgeMagnet

Apparently he's completely scouring his Twitter now....

Pickman's model and NoXion like this.
  24. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Saw that. Reported that he has deleted 50k tweets which seems unusual :hmm:

25. killer b

killer b Nostrofuckingdamus

I think it's quite usual now - loads of left wing journalists mass-deleted before Christmas.

Would have been sensible of young to do this before new years eve, mind. It's a bit stable door-y

26. equationgirl

equationgirl Respect my existence or expect my resistance

That's a lot, has he just deleted his old account and started a new one?

27. Wilf

Wilf Meeting few of his KPIs

Appointing young is like pushing dog shit through university letterboxes. He's even a terrible choice for the 'let's find a twat to shake things up role'. I know that May has her mind on other clusterfucks, but this also represents her lack of control.

28. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

Just watching Owen Jones debating someone called Doctor Joanne Williams (?) over Toby Young's appointment. He's very good (Jones) - but who is this woman denouncing the "embarrassing hysteria" over this issue and stating that Young is a good, experienced man for the job - where on earth did they dredge her up from? I can't quite believe this is actually happening to be honest. How is this even possible?

equationgirl and Pickman's model like this.
  29. copliker

copliker ...

Spiked.

Pickman's model and gaijingirl like this.
  30. Wilf

Wilf Meeting few of his KPIs

What's next, Katie Hopkins for Compassion Tsar?

Libertad, NoXion, hipipol and 2 others like this.