1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thurrock v Dulwich Hamlet. 4/11/17 Saturday 3pm

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by toby kempton, Nov 1, 2017.

1. toby kempton

toby kempton Well-Known Member

Whos not going?

2. toby kempton

Train to rainham from fenchurch street then a 372 bus i believe get off bus at thurock hotel ( bus stops outside ground

3. toby kempton

Will be on 13:10

4. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Me

5. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Yes, same route as for Aveley/Grays but stay on the bus for an extra mile or so.

I advise against walking from Purfleet station (around 2 miles) - it's a horrible walk with no footpaths for the most part - or walking from Chafford Hundred station, which is not much more than 1 mile away as the crow flies, but requires negotiating Junction 31 of the M25! Both those stations are outside the London Travelcard zones, whereas Rainham is Zone 6, and the 372 is a TFL bus route so Oystercards are valid.

You can also pick up the trains to Rainham at West Ham which links with the Jubilee Line. Overground to Canada Water then Jubilee Line to West Ham is the cheapest route on pay-as-you-go Oystercard, dodging Zone 1 and making sure to touch on the pink card reader at Canada Water.

Stratford Olympic are at home to Liverpool, but it's the late Premier League kick off, so hopefuly not too busy on the way to our game and should be fine coming back as long as you're through the West Ham interchange by 7pm or so.

6. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Away Day Saturday - Thurrock
    Hopefully another big turn out from Hamlet fans for this one, need to keep up the support now we are top of the League

The form guide shows Thurrock have won only 1 of last 5 games, (but taking nothing for granted) and despite efforts of their new goal keeper Jake Jessup an ex lifeguard at Haven
    He also kept goal for Lowestoft Town and was in goal for them last October when we beat them 3-1 (Camar, Dumaka, Sekajja) in front of 1,806 at Champion Hill

7. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Loving the term 'Stratford Olympic'!

EDC and scousedom like this.
  8. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

Ha yeah , took me a while to get it

9. Pink Panther

And don't forget their ground "The Taxpayers' Stadium".

Dulwich Mishi and darryl like this.
  10. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Recommended boozers anyone?

11. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Can see it from my window! The crowds ruin my mobile reception on match days

12. Pink Panther

Serves you right for moving to Hackney! (Can't you just move your boat somewhere else on marchdays?)

Dulwich Mishi and Fingers like this.
  13. Cyclodunc

Tower hamlets actually.

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

0-0 thus far. Come on 'aaaaaaaaaaaaamlet.

15. Pink Panther

1-0 Alllassani 40 mins

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Attendance: 196.

Intimate.

17. Pink Panther

Won 1-0

planetgeli and editor like this.
  18. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Goal machine Allassani
    5 Goals in 5 Games

clog and Lucy Fur like this.
  19. toby kempton

Wishing oshane brown thurock keeper and former hamlet keeper a speedy recovery.

It seems like there strugling having used 6 different goalkeepers this season so far and its only the start of november.
    Including tim brown who got booked for the hamlet at the age of 17 v enfield about 4 years ago for time wasting. Others
    lewis down
    James scammel (sub keeper today)
    Jake jessup
    Bobby mason

dcdulwich, pompeydunc and B.I.G like this.
  20. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Their sub keeper made a good save not long after he came on.
    The referee seemed to lack interest in Oshane's injury considering it was his head.

The team should have scored a few more goals but that damn number 4 and 5 kept getting in the way, the cheats ;)

Real shame to see Nyren on crutches when he's been playing so well lately.

B.I.G likes this.
  21. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Hate Tim Brown.

22. Pink Panther

I liked him when he let Ashley Carew's free kick slip through his hands at Canvey Island the following season.

This was a bit of a laboured Hamlet victory compared to some of our recent impressive displays, but another clean sheet. It's very useful to be able to win games without needing to score more than once. I felt newly promoted Thurrock had the nucleus of a good side and if they can find a way to sharpen their attack they should start to climb the table.

Superb goal by Allassani, cutting into the box from the left and giving Oshane Brown no chance with a deadly finish inside the near post from around twelve yards. Our best other first half chances were a fierce drive by Ming, seizing upon a defensive error, which Brown did well to save with his leg, and a waywards shot from Abrahams that a defender deflected onto the crossbar. There were a few chances at both ends in a rather scrappy second half with our best chance coming in the incident in which Brown was injured, with a follow up shot from Ming blocked on the line.

Team (3-4-1-2): Edwards - Taylor, Weatherstone(c), Chambers - Ming, Kargbo, Carew, Abrahams - Ferguson - Boakye-Yiadom, Allassani. Subs: Hayles (for Ming), Beaney (for Ferguson), Tomlin (for Allassani), Faal, Green (not used). Att.196

jnrknight and B.I.G like this.
  23. Fingers

20171104_141059.jpg 20171104_141221.jpg 20171104_141224.jpg 20171104_141254.jpg 20171104_141440.jpg

Attached Files:

24. Fingers

25. Fingers

20171104_162820.jpg 20171104_163516.jpg 20171104_163932.jpg

editor likes this.
  26. Cyclodunc

I liked their ground.

Friendly club, and they were better than their league position suggests.

takkforalt likes this.
  27. Pink Panther

There's a cross about to come into the box, Allassani is unmarked in the middle, and you're posing for photographs with your back to the pitch. Bloody hipsters ruining football again.

28. EDC

My dog would have hated it.

29. EDC

Did well to hide the selfie stick though

Pink Panther and Lucy Fur like this.
  30. Cyclodunc

Oh yeah, forgot about the no dogs sign. Not so friendly after all