Thor : Ragnorok

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by ruffneck23, Oct 30, 2017.

1. gawkrodger

gawkrodger Well-Known Member

watched this last night and laughed all the way through.

Didn't realise Waititi was so heavily involved until after watching it. Explains things. His gladiator New Zealand stoneman character was hilarious

ruffneck23 likes this.
  2. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

it was comedy gold all the way through. Loki cracked me up a lot. Jeff Goldblum was...odd

ruffneck23 likes this.
  3. copliker

copliker ...

He should do all the comic bollocks fillums. They're for kids so stick a few gags in ffs.

ruffneck23 likes this.
  4. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

i watched it a couple of days ago too. brilliant. quite brave of a big studio to trust a left-field director with that kind of budget but he nailed it.

ruffneck23 likes this.
  5. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

why dont these kind of films ever get nominated for big awards? i enjoyed that more than any film of the last year. snobbery?

CNT36 likes this.
  6. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

Funniest film I’ve seen for years. Loved it.

ruffneck23 likes this.
  7. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

their 'asgardian' strand of bargain basement norse is just tedious when played with a straight face. Not sure how much more gags they can get from 'captain america is from the olden days, lol at his fish out of waterness' either.
    this however was great

8. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

Yes quite liked this, minus (as usual) the boring cgi fights, of which thankfully there were fewer of than usual.

ruffneck23 likes this.
  9. gawkrodger

gawkrodger Well-Known Member

They could do some great spin-offs from this. I'd be at the front of the que for a Korg film

10. dervish

dervish if you flibble when you wibble, don't wobble

Thought this was the best Marvel so far, certainly the best Thor.

ruffneck23 likes this.
  11. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

I think I would have to watch Guardians 1 again to say for sure. I certainly shed a tear and a laugh during that. Again, a little too much CGI fighting.
    Ragnarock did have a few things that I think could have made it better, but those two films beat the shit out of the rest of the marvel films.
    Iron man 1 was kind of OK, and even 50% of antman was passable. The team up films have been appalling.

ruffneck23 likes this.