Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

This person does not exist

cybershot

RubyToogood

can't remember what goes here
There's something slightly wrong about them. Very subtle. And perhaps if you put some real ones in there I'd think I was seeing the same thing. But like not quite aligned right, or maybe it's the focus of the camera, or the gaze.

farmerbarleymow

Seagull + Chips = Happy Seagull
There's something slightly wrong about them. Very subtle. And perhaps if you put some real ones in there I'd think I was seeing the same thing. But like not quite aligned right, or maybe it's the focus of the camera, or the gaze.
Yes, while they are undoubtedly very realistic some do look slightly off. Like this one with a golden slug on her face.

1581192588534.png

MrCurry

Invandrare
After spending longer hitting reload on that site than can be explained by mere curiosity, I reached the conclusion the reason I find the faces it generates so compelling is not what it gets right, but rather the slight “wrongness” in the images.

A pair of eyes a bit too young to match the rest of the face,
Facial features shaped a little bit wrong to match a person of that ethnicity
A curiously androgynous looking face
A skin tone which doesn’t sit quite right with that hair colour...

It’s not so much the individual faces which fascinate, it’s seeing new types of faces. Weirdly compelling!

Did anyone else notice the lack of ginger hair amongst the generated images? I only saw one ginger, and the skin tone didn’t match the hair colour at all. Did the programmers have something against gingers?!

19sixtysix

Life as viewed from a Gay Gorbals Garret
This is good. Millions of fake data sets can now be generated to recreate anonimity from facial recognition by swamping the the data bases being drawn up from the internet.

danski

Comfortable chair.
Something that makes them look somehow unrealistic is the perfect and consistent lighting. If you looked at that many random pics of real people, the lighting would vary tremendously.

Eta...I meant that more in the way we are viewing them.
If one pic was posted I doubt people could really tell but to view a constant stream, there is definitely something fishy.

RTWL

we only go raw
it`s a fractal generator in reverse !

A say, Mandelbrot set, is formed by iterating a simple equation to a simulated infinity for every pixel on the screen. This forms a complex trippy looking images from a simple equation.

GAN analyses images to find a simple equation ...which it then iterates to reform the images generated . So each face would have a simple equation at its root or seed.

MrCurry

Invandrare
It seems the genie is well and truly out of the bottle on this technology. There is also Generated.Photos:

Gallery of AI Generated Faces | Generated.photos

Which similarly provides thousands of AI generated faces to browse through and even allows you to specify filters for age, hair colour, ethnicity, etc. Find a face you like, but wish the hair, nose, or eyes were a little different? No bother, at the foot of the page you’ll find dozens variations on the same face. Click one of those and likewise you’ll get to access dozens of variations of that one, so with successive clicks you can zero in on your perfect match perhaps!

Talking of.... one of the applications for this technology mentioned in the Generated Photos FAQ is dating websites! Yup..

Generated Photos™ Allows Dating Sites to Use Photos of AI-Rendered Faces to Make Their Platforms Welcoming to More Users

But it’s all just to create tailored landing pages to make the dating platform “more welcoming”. Not to make fake profiles to extort users by making them think they have a chance of dating a hottie - never that! The fact the image bundles being sold run to thousands of images is incidental. Only for landing pages remember....!

Never trust an image you see online!!

Last edited:

belboid

TUC Off Your Knees
They're doing lyrics too now - they're terrible.

This is its attempt at a neutral metal song about Communism:

Verse 1
And I see no communism plans
To start a revolution
A man that believe that the change can come
Take your communism lies

Pre-Chorus
And the pain and the rage
To look past the communism scenes

Chorus
Share a common interest
Of your personal and communism views
Girls are communism
In the gangsta

Verse 2
Now, when he hold communism women
He kinda or awkward
He took it hard
A lot of communism folks did

Pre-Chorus
As these communism games
Running right out of line

Chorus
Share a common interest
Girls are communism
In the gangsta

Bridge
I am not an animal
A woke man with a communism fight

Chorus
Share a common interest
Girls are communism
In the gangsta

My neutral rap song about economics is.... er...

Chorus
In the hip hop economics of the world
If you try, you can enter through the door
Economics punishment, yeah economics punishment
Economics punishment, yeah economics punishment

I am impressed by the bridge though

Bridge
Come on down to the square, babe
We got girls, wine and economic wine

Rappers know it's all about the box wine at parties

maomao

四月她爹
I asked for a very sad country song about masturbation. I thi k it doesn't actually know what masturbation means.

Verse 1
No, my help is in masturbation
Girl, my help is in masturbation
My help is in masturbation
She took the easy way out

Pre-Chorus
Poison words spoken in masturbation
Nothing goes unsaid if you say it. To me

Chorus
To live in masturbation?
To live in masturbation
Well I used to hold your body very tightly