This Facebook 'for my birthday I'd like you to donate to...' thing

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by editor, Aug 3, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

This seems to becoming more common and in most cases leads to an embarrassingly paltry amount of money being raised. In some cases, the total remains zero throughout.

I sort of like the idea but I don't like Facebook being involved in any way, neither do I like being pressured into donating to something just because it's someone's birthday (and it appears, they're under no obligation to donate anything themselves).

So for my birthday, I won't be asking anyone to donate any money anywhere (but they can buy me a drink, if they want).

tim, kittyP, Schmetterling and 2 others like this.
  2. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

For my birthday, I'd like people to buy a goat.

Helpfully, I own the goat in question, I'd just like someone to buy it and take it away. Companion, guard goat, kebab, new hipster craze - I don't care, I just want it gone.

Kthx.

Celyn, bimble, tim and 4 others like this.
  3. Yogibear

Yogibear Let it be Banned

I'm sure there's probably a small free and efficient website or app that will allow you to post up a birthday, xmas or whatever list that can be accessed easily without the likes of facebook being involved.

If there isn't there should be...

4. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

It's called Amazon

5. Yogibear

Yogibear Let it be Banned

What part of small, free and efficient didn't you understand?