1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things that might happen in 2018 poll

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by Cloo, Dec 25, 2017.

?

Which of these do you think is likely to happen in 2018

1. Trump impeached

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. Trump removed/'steps down' due to 'health concerns' or something else

18 vote(s)
    36.0%
  3. Second Referendum is called and cancels Brexit

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  4. No-deal Brexit is set in place for 2019

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  5. General election called - Tories win

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. General election called - Labour wins

25 vote(s)
    50.0%
  7. Trump starts a war somewhere

37 vote(s)
    74.0%
  8. Republicans crash and burn in Midterms

30 vote(s)
    60.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cloo

Cloo U R dOin me a friTen

So - what do you think of the above?

Seeing as May is bent on destruction, I think we'll end year with a no-deal Brexit on cards for 2019.

Republicans will crash in Midterms, but Trump will fucking hold on somehow. Or if he does go, it will be for something really stupid and out of the blue.

2. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt & dyslexic cnut.

3. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards 1967 Maserati Mistral. Banned

Just give me the fucking gun and airline tickets. I am there.

marty21 and cupid_stunt like this.
  4. Stanley Edwards

I would actually willingly take a lethal injection for this if I was assured no other fucker would take his place.

5. Stanley Edwards

What might happen is that people wake up and realise they actually have a voice. All this bullshit about super powers threatening our lives beyond our control is just bullshit.

Where would they be without us? Think about that. Seriously, think about it for a month, or so.

What might happen in 2018 is a total stand from all of us. It may seem fantastical right now, but these things can happen very quickly. The optimist in me says; yep - now is the time. This could happen next year. We don't believe the lies and bullshit anymore. All we need to believe now is that we actually count. AND WE DO COUNT.

Merry Christmas.

Rimbaud likes this.
  6. Cloo

I don't believe the Tories will call an election because they *know* they'll be fucked. Looks like there's little doubt Republicans will not come well out of Midterms. Presumably Trump will blame on 'Fake news media'

A380, SpookyFrank and ruffneck23 like this.
  7. Stanley Edwards

Presumably, they will all be fooling us like it matters.

8. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

Fucker will start a war after losing the mid terms and guarantee a second term

Flag waving merica bullshit will make it happen

Hmm

ruffneck23 and Cloo like this.
  9. petee

petee i'm spartacus

mike pence.
    don't die to give us mike fucking pence.

10. Cloo

I would love for there to be second referendum that halts Brexit, but I don't believe for a minute they'll let it happen, although the Tories must know that they're fucked whenever the next election is. When Brexit happens it'll be an expensive, disastrous shit show. If they were to hold a second referendum, which would vote Remain, Brexiteers will vote against them for betrayal (some of whom are not natural tories anyway).

11. Stanley Edwards

This is all media driven projection Cloo.

We are actually living in a time when something very new could come along. Personally, the biggest value to me about Europe as we have known it, is peace. The financial stuff every politician is arguing about is pretty much irrelevant to me and you.

12. Stanley Edwards

When I say 'the financial stuff' I mean the big numbers we can't equate. What really matters is families going hungry, homeless people, unnecessary debt... This really shouldn't be happening today. There is absolutely no reason why we should be tolerating this. The BIG media stories are distracting from what we can actually control.

We are a people more powerful than any media politician. We just need to stand up. We don't even have to fight.

13. Cloo

I wish I could feel that way, Stanley Edwards - while I do feel there should come a time we have to say 'enough' to families going hungry and nurses and teachers unable to live in cities, I don't know that people will know what to do with that 'enough', IYSWIM.

14. Stanley Edwards

It is very easy. We all stop together. We stand together. I think we (as a people) are ready to do that. This could be the time.

15. Stanley Edwards

We stop worrying about shit that is never actually going to affect us. We start to take action on a day to day basis about stuff we see around us.

This could be the year. No reason why not. You're not going to lose your home and your job if we all stand together.

16. Stanley Edwards

Let's put it another way.

Half of the country is comming to terms with Brexit they didn't vote for. The other half is comming to terms with Brexit they didn't vote for. It was a false promise.

If change this big is going to happen, then we may as well make it a big change for the better. It is a huge change. A really big change. It is a chance.

We are afraid of change by nature, so if we have to deal with it, we might as well deal with it properly. We are the majority by 1,000,000 to 1. No chance we can lose.

No chance.

17. Stanley Edwards

So, what are you afraid of? What is there to lose?

You may be afraid of standing alone - talk to your neighbour.

This could very easily happen during 2018. People are ready.

18. isvicthere?

isvicthere? a.k.a. floppybollocks

Oh yeah? Next thing you'll be saying is dangerous stuff like the colour of UK passports is not really important!

And then where will we be?

19. Stanley Edwards

I'm fucking well going for Pink passport revolution.

You with me, or not?

20. Wilf

Wilf Scratch a white car - for Christmas!

None of the above, I'd say.

Cloo likes this.
  21. spanglechick

spanglechick High Empress of Dressing Up

Trump will have shit midterms, but that's it.

The political weirdness of the last two years in the west have freaked everyone out. The powers that be on bot sides of the centre are desperately applying every emergency brake they can find. With capital on their side the neoliberals aren't a force I'd bet against now that their bluff has been called.

Cloo likes this.
  22. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Trump is only the second president ever to have still been in office at the age of 71 - and since he lives on fast food and believes exercise is bad for you, I think there's a good chance of his health doing the world a favour and forcing him out of office in 2018. Not that Mike Pence would be any better.

krtek a houby and Cloo like this.
  23. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

Pences' greatest strength - which, actually, when you look at Trump is a significant step up - is that he's unlikely to start a major war because he got baited by a 12yo on Twitter or his wife wasn't sufficiently enthusiastic about sex that morning.

His domestic politics may well be somewhat less than perfect - and unlike Trump, he has the political competence to actually bring them about - but for the 95% of the world's population who don't live in the US he's a much better bet than Trump...

24. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

The most dangerous thing about Pence is he actually believes in everything he's doing while Trump is just gobbing off about 90% of the time. He's been in the pocket of the Koch brothers for many years - so much so that even Steve Bannon was worried about it - and he's been pushing the pro-fossil fuel, "climate change is a left-wing conspiracy" line very successfully within the Trump administration, I think that might make him even more of a danger to the planet than Trump.

So Stanley, if you only get one clear shot at the two of them, it might be better to aim for Pence and hope that the shock gives Trump a heart attack.

25. petee

petee i'm spartacus

welp, there it is, the most Urban post I'll read this year.

26. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

Trump will start a war somewhere, that one's certain. The rest, who knows? No fucker knows. Apart from the rich growing ever richer nothing is certain any more.

Yep. Though Pence would then be a religious martyr and that never turns out well.

Yossarian, krtek a houby and Cloo like this.
  27. mather

mather Well-Known Member

I actually don't think any of the above choices will happen, with the exception os a possible Labour victory.

Trump won't be out before his term ends, The Democrats are too shit and have nothing positive to offer to replace Trump. The whole Russia thing is mostly BS so that won't be the thing that finishes his Presidency off, though the whole Russia narrative is useful for those who don't want to learn or account for the mistakes that were made back in 2016.

Brexit will most likely happen but it will be done in such a fudged, compromised way that ends up satisfying no one, Leave or Remain voters. In the EU in all but name. I personally hope for a proper Brexit or failing that a no deal Brexit, but that is my own wish rather than what I think will most likely happen.

Trump could start a war (Korea or Syria being the most likely) though let's be honest, that would not be a departure from previous US policies and administrations.

28. isvicthere?

isvicthere? a.k.a. floppybollocks

No UK election. Wobbly governments always hang on for the full five year term: Callaghan, Major, Brown, the coalition.

And this current shower is nothing is not ultra-wobbly.

Cloo likes this.
  29. redsquirrel

redsquirrel This Machine Kills Progressives

What do people mean when they argue that the Republican's will "crash and burn" in the midterms? Lose seats? Lose control of one house? Lose control of both?

30. StoneRoad

StoneRoad RIP Greebo being kinder heckling from the back!

definitely going to hell in a handcart ...

the gop getting thrashed in the mid-terms might happen, and trump ...
    brexit will be hell, whatever happens.

Think I might try and hibernate for the whole of 2018 !