The vast abandoned space of Ohio's Randall Park Mall

Discussion in 'New York/US' started by editor, May 25, 2014.

1. editor

editor hiraethified

2. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

I clicked through to a related story (this one http://gizmodo.com/this-abandoned-mall-is-perfect-for-your-zombie-back-to-1222704875) and there was this interesting bit: it's a greater problem with enclosed, air-conditioned malls everywhere: People actually do like to go outside.

I wonder if those Westfield/bluewater/White Rose centre type hell holes really will die a death? They still seem to be being built, and there are loads in (eg) New Jersey that are always busy

Greebo likes this.
  3. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow Seagull + Chips = Happy Seagull

I dislike closed shopping centres as they feel so artificial - although admittedly they are useful for the British climate.

But the abandoned one is creepy and I think I'd be freaked out wandering around inside it. Oddly I wouldn't be freaked out wandering round an abandoned factory so it's probably the zombie films that are the cause of that reaction.

Greebo likes this.
  4. Bob_the_lost

Bob_the_lost Elsewhere

There's an abandoned shopping centre in Reading that is used for Zombie experience sessions...

5. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

Where's that?

6. Epona

Epona Down with battered parsnips

Is it wrong of me to hope that Westfield Stratford (my vision of hell, if I believed in such a place) looks like that in a few years time?