1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"the unavailability of our Stadium Operator" (Harrow Senior Cup match postponed)

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by darryl, Feb 5, 2018.

1. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

Er, what's going on here, then?

Meadow playing silly buggers again?

2. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

I heard some of the bar staff asking eachother o. Saturday if there was a game this Tuesday. They concluded that there was not. So they evidently had not been told about it.

3. iamwithnail

iamwithnail Well-Known Member

Was on my way to ask that. Is that a licensing thing, or similar? Is that there needs to be a designated person (from a range, I guess) on-site?

4. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

There is a designated team of one that the stadium owners decree must be on site for any game to take place.

Abanico likes this.
  5. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the bar/security/stewarding staff simply haven't been scheduled for a shift. This is getting embarrassing after the fiasco when Meadows threatened to lock us out of the ground a couple of months back.

It's not a high profile fixture anyway, we do well to get 400 for the minor cup matches, and for years we played games with those sort of attendances with just a couple of barstaff plus club officials and supporters doing matchday duties.

This also now means the league match at Leatherhead needs to be rescheduled again.

6. Pink Panther

So presumably the same problem arises if he's taken ill or suffers a family bereavement or whatever? I realise it's out of the hands of the football committee but honestly ....

7. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Is this the same gimp that Meadows call an experienced general manager?

clog and darryl like this.
  8. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

So if one guy can't make it an entire match has to be postponed? And this person has no cover? Is the club in danger of getting a fine over this?

9. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

No. Both London FA and particularly the people at Harrow Borough have been very understanding

blueheaven, baleboy_93, YTC and 2 others like this.
  10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Bollocks. This was the one game I was able to make and I was really looking forward to it.

11. YTC

YTC Human Man

If only the club actually had control of it's own facility, and wasn't just a Tennant in a stadium built for... the club.

12. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

I was at Champion Hill at 12 ish on Saturday put up some LGBT flags and a couple of individuals turned up obviously lost and said they had been told to turn up for a shift
    when I left they seemed to be carrying out security (ish) duties - very ad hoc

13. pinknblue

pinknblue Well-Known Member

Our 'Stadium Operator' is an absolute disgrace!

Pink Panther likes this.
  14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

[​IMG]

Pink Panther likes this.
  15. pinknblue

pinknblue Well-Known Member

I wanna perform an 'operation' on them! Surgical removal is preferable! Perhaps we can co-operatively operate to ensure the operator operates at maximum efficiency from now on.

16. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

So would we be right in taking this as Meadows demonstrating they can pull a game as and when they feel like it on the basis of the Stadium Operator not being available. Wankers. :mad:

17. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Maybe we could put up a Dulwich Hamlet fixtures poster in the bar.. that way somebody* may realise when we have home games and arrange the staffing & amenities accordingly.

I could understand if there was an emergency which meant that somebody* was unavailable, but to not know there was an actual game.... I mean if there was an on-going issue between the powers that be & the club you might think it was done deliberately.

*insert name as required

Abanico and Christian Burt like this.
  18. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

There's plenty of them up in and around the bar area (and can be downloaded from the below link should anyone wish to further plaster them around!) :facepalm:

Monthly match posters – Dulwich Hamlet Supporters' Trust

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  19. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

(albeit are now incorrect as they have Tuesday night's fixture on them) :mad:

20. Matt The Cab

21. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Not everybody necessarily goes in the bar. If only there was some other means of informing people of match information, a fuck off big sign outside the ground perhaps...
    dhfc.PNG

Bugpowder Dust, Abanico, clog and 3 others like this.
  22. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I found out the game was off on Monday evening, had other things planned, so changed the fixtures board yesterday lunchtime.

To be honest I think people put far to much faith in people actually reading posters &/or signs...they are good for PR and notifying some, & do give the Club (or any club that does similar) as presence in the community, but other than that...

23. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

...shouldn't be a substitute for the General Manager knowing what dates he needs to have the ground operational

editor, clog and dcdulwich like this.
  24. Matt The Cab

Especially when posters advertising the game where in the place (bar) you'd usually find the General Manager

Lucy Fur likes this.
  25. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

So what happens if there's a big match - say, the play-off final - and there are several thousand people due to arrive at the ground, and this one individual calls in sick, or decides he can't be bothered to turn up, or says he didn't know the game was happening?

26. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Is there clause in that coerced contract that was signed saying Meadoze is liable for any expenses incurred due to game being cancelled when it's their fault?

27. Radical-Cliff

Radical-Cliff Old Spice

A license holder can nominate another license holder to be on the premises.

Really odd that only one person is both the Premise license holder and the DPS - very risky.

Pink Panther likes this.
  28. YTC

YTC Human Man

It's risky for a reason - and has been brought up numerous times since the current GM came in. Not a new situation, this has just highlighted it unfortunatly.

Dulwich Mishi and Pink Panther like this.
  29. Pink Panther

My impression was that the League advised us to sign that contract on the basis that they will do everything they can to help us. League Chairman Nick Robinson is a solicitor by profession and a former DHFC Secretary as was his father, so hopefully we have a knowledgeable and influential ally. Pain in the neck obviously .

Bastards like Meadow often gamble on the "little people" not knowing their rights and just giving in. That's not going to happen with us. We need to be vigilant and not just assume they are legally entitled to do everything they tell us .

30. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Speaking to mate tonight about the drinking licence, he said you can nominate up to 6 other people on the same licence so it's not always down to one person to always be on site.