The Stockwell Hole

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by wemakeyousoundb, Feb 6, 2012.

1. wemakeyousoundb

wemakeyousoundb and calm again

Not sure if this has been covered before but I've been wanting to document this for a long time.
    SO here is a link to a blog post about it and have a couple of pictures to whet your appetite:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    There's plenty more pictures on the blog post.

Sorry about the slightly blurry quality of the pictures but I was hungover on the way home from the pub yesterday afternoon and standing on slippery snow when I finally got around to starting documenting this.
    I'll try and do better in future.

2. boohoo

boohoo No.

It's a great place to regularly check up on. We usually go past it and take a look when we do the Brixton mural Walk.

3. wemakeyousoundb

Yes a fair few every week quite often
    this week's smattering of new paint
    [​IMG]

scalyboy likes this.
  4. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Where is this in Stockwell?

5. wemakeyousoundb

Near the grosvenor, down aytoun road, between colwall house and Crowhurst house
    see on this map

6. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Cheers, never noticed it.

7. wemakeyousoundb

I know, most people don't know about it and sometime there are some truly awesome artworks there so i'm going to try and keep up with it, doing so actually lead me to quite few good links for street art & graffiti so far so it's all good.
    I'll try and link individual artworks to the artists blogs/fickr accounts or whatever when I can find those.

8. hassan

hassan Well-Known Member

I love the artwork there, it changes often. Although I never see anyone actually use the facilites though. It's always empty when I walk past, only time it isn't is when people are doing this.

9. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

oh, I like that.:cool: Nice shades of blue and purple :D

Looks futuristic as well

10. wemakeyousoundb

I've a couple more today but there was a few I couldn't snap due to low sun in the way so will make a new update tomorrow.
    it's a shame that some people still feel it's cool to tag nice artwork though :/

11. wemakeyousoundb

12. wemakeyousoundb

There were 14 new pieces done in this past week.
    For you to ogle them all just click on the picture to go to the blog.
    [​IMG]

13. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter Home is south London mate

cheers for the pics - i only went past the other day and there was different stuff there - certainly a dynamic, ever-changing space! :)

14. wemakeyousoundb

Even before all the streetart started I hardly ever saw people using this as the sport ground it was meant to be, maybe the community centre around the corner from there dragged all the youth away?

Anyway, here are the pieces I managed to grab this week, and here is one to whet your apetite:
    [​IMG]

Enviro, RoyReed, ddraig and 1 other person like this.
  15. wemakeyousoundb

I think I managed to catch them all over the last week, all 25 new pieces you can view here, have a taster:
    [​IMG]
    or two
    [​IMG]

16. quimcunx

quimcunx protestant traybake

Cheers for this. It's not like I'm going to go out of my way to keep up myself. It would be great to have a stockwell hole that I passed on the bus regularly.

The paint will be thicker than the walls soon.

17. wemakeyousoundb

Here are the pieces I managed to catch over the past fortnight.
    As usual crap quality photography involved but you'll get the idea all the same.
    A couple of topical details hre:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brixton Hatter likes this.
  18. wemakeyousoundb

19. wemakeyousoundb

3 weeks later there is a new post.
    I've actually redone the one linked above as I managed to make a massive mess in picasa this morning, so if you want to see the pretty pictures click on the link in that post.

My favourite from the ones uploaded this week
    [​IMG]
    and I'm sure a lot of people here know that particular feeling... for the rest of the good stuff click here

Mephitic likes this.
  20. wemakeyousoundb

21. boohoo

boohoo No.

It's called the Stockwell Pen - some of the artists are helping out with the Brixton Windmill Mural restoration project. There are some open days to have a go at spray painting the mural if you are interested!

22. wemakeyousoundb

my abilities at spray painting would make any kids first use of crayons look like years of practice had gone into it :)
    I just take (not very good) snaps of it all as I pass it several times a week on my way to work and I thought it would be good to keep documenting it as some of the pieces (and not just the not so good ones) sometime/often stay on for less than 24 hours, I'm sure the artists take pictures too but I like the idead of having them all in one place.

23. boohoo

boohoo No.

Well, you could always come up and have a chat to them. They're very friendly!

The pen is on a programme with Rolf Harris about the Jubilee :D

http://positivearts.co.uk/positive-arts-with-rolf-harris-for-the-bbc/

24. quimcunx

quimcunx protestant traybake

there must be a way of privatising the shit out of this. :hmm:

Cheers for the pics btw. Keep them coming. I never pass by there but really liked them when I did go see them.

25. wemakeyousoundb

I snapped that piece yesterday as it happens, I'll probably post the snaps next week.
    I'm starting to think maybe I should have created a blog specifically for this project instead of adding the post to my existing one.

26. boohoo

boohoo No.

Could always lift it from your blog and start a new one. :)

27. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

I keep on seeing this thread title and thinking I'm in the drugs forum.

Brixton Hatter likes this.
  28. wemakeyousoundb

29. wemakeyousoundb

30. boohoo

boohoo No.

he he I'm in your photo - I'm the lady with the buggy! It was a boiling day and we took the school kids on a mural tour including meeting solo one who let the kids have a go with the cans! Come along to the Windmill mural restoration unveiling on Tuesday - 12-5pm Lyham Road SW2 and I'll introduce you to some of the people who paint down there :D