1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The season begins! Dulwich Hamlet vs Staines, Sat 12th Aug 2017

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, Aug 7, 2017.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

So it's the first game of the new season. Will it be a triumph for the sash-sashaying Hamlet?

2. YTC

YTC Human Man

mass meet up before the game with a little march on down to the ground anyone? Fox on the Hill or EDT?

Jules P likes this.
  3. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Me? I'll be down the ground early now that I'm not working...and I'd encourage our fans to do the same and use our own bar. You won't see me in a sash...I'll be wearing the home kit with a diagonal stripe in it.

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I can't make this, so would appreciate some pics for a Buzz report if folks could grab some. Thanks!

5. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Yep .... I'll probably hit the ground before and grab some banners / flags. Fox is a little more family friendly than EDT especially with he big garden.... I'd suggest there

6. YTC

YTC Human Man

12 at the fox? To the ground for 2?

7. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

First photo duty for me will be at harlow, so I am up for fox then ground.

YTC likes this.
  8. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Yep, then that way we might get to sample a beer in our own bar before KO (not that I'll be wanting to spend much money in there... )

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    YTC likes this.
  9. toby kempton

toby kempton Well-Known Member

Will hapily take as many photos as possible

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I think I might have it covered now but snap away if you feel like it and if you get any good 'uns, I'd be honoured to add them !

11. YTC

YTC Human Man

ONE MORE SLEEP

the 12th man and Jules P like this.
  12. YTC

YTC Human Man

MERRY CHRISTMAS

13. Cyclodunc

Hear there's a game on today?

14. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Do we know what's happened to Nathan Green exactly? I believe he's a scaffolder by trade, so hopefully it's nothing too bad.

15. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Seems like there wasn't ... people more interested in another team in our league that plays out of Essex

Jamie Wyatt and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  16. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Good attendance today 1,096 our best opening day attendance for many years
    looked rather sluggish on the pitch and truly shocking marking for Staines goal
    missed a hat full of opportunities to score a second

Rabble very quiet until the last 10 minutes

heard Nathan Green injury was a dislocated shoulder ?

need to step up a gear for next weeks visit of Billericay Town

Merstham top of the league

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 8:57 PM
  17. Cyclodunc

He said it wasn't too bad. Should be back for ricay

Pink Panther likes this.
  18. jonesyboyo

jonesyboyo Well-Known Member

My mate arrived at half time and had to pay £11, I'd told him before hand out was prob going to be concessions rate, or a contribution if he turned up then. Has it changed? Thanks.

Hamlet played some good football, in patches, looking forward to this season!

19. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Email chris@dulwichhamletfc.co.uk as the committee have not been advised of any change in policy and don't set pricing,

the 12th man likes this.
  20. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

This cropped up last season and we were told:

One turnstile will now remain open until the start of the second half, with late arrivals being allowed entrance for the concession price of £4. Once this turnstile is closed late arrivals will be welcomed and allowed entry through the blue gate by a steward with a suggested but optional donation to the 12th man.

21. jezmond

jezmond New Member

Morning all,

Having got myself a season ticket this year I thought it about time I signed up to this forum and actually got involved instead of just reading it all the time. So go easy on me!

I noticed that Gavin Rose wasn't in the dug-out yesterday but at the back of the main stand - does anyone know why? I don't remember reading about a ban or anything...

22. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Gavin has a current touchline ban of 3 games from the Royston match last season. Tuesday is the final game of the ban.

23. YTC

YTC Human Man

Wouldn't be so sure, I heard potentially 6 weeks. Hoping for you version, mind.

24. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

Goal here:

And highlights here, hope you like Jamal's new graphics!!

Nivag likes this.
  25. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I couldn't make the game but have just watched the highlights. Real shame about Nathan Green, hope it ain't too bad.
    We just need to convert a few set pieces which would give goals from more areas/players.

26. Cyclodunc

Oh damn. From the horse's mouth. Maybe he was trying to stay positive in the face of disaster. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

27. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

Also, I can't imagine who else could be on the verge of a move to an EFL team, so hope it doesn't mess that up for him.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  28. AveryDave

Although having now listened to the comments from Gavin and Quade Taylor after the game, they were talking like Nathan's very much in the plans, so who knows (clearly not me).

29. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

not him

YTC likes this.
  30. AveryDave

BUT THEN WHO THOUGH