The Rugby thread: 2018-2019 raving, rants, and refs

Discussion in 'general sports' started by flypanam, Aug 31, 2018.

1. flypanam

flypanam Local oaf

Season starts today.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  2. Aaaaand we're back.

3. Aaaaand we're back. We beat Bath by 7.

flypanam and gawkrodger like this.
  4. flypanam

flypanam Local oaf

Leinster were lucky last night, Cardiff we’re playing great rugby and showed some excellent work by the pack. Still a win for Leinster even though they were poor will stand to them. If I was Cullen I’d worry about Tomane in midfield.

Plus side Premier Sports coverage is good. Was nice to see Sam Warburton on the sidelines with the mic.

5. flypanam

flypanam Local oaf

Just caught the Connacht game and had the first ref howler of the season when Hogg picked up a ball carried over his tryline, plonked it down and was awarded a 22. Where was the TMO?

6. gawkrodger

gawkrodger Well-Known Member

Wow. Matt O'Connor gone at Leicester. 3 DoRs in under 2 years! :eek:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  7. OzT

OzT Online early mornings when at work ....

Think it's a shame to see the once powerhouse of English rugby, Leicester, going downhill

8. Hoping the downfall of Leicester means we can get Gengey back to Bris...

9. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Dear Channel 5, I like that you've put the highlights on terrestrial TV, and I hope you've got some more live matches this season, and thank you so much for retaining Durders and Flats. However, move the programme back to Sunday evenings, as it was on ITV4. It's a right fucker to try and avoid too many details of results in the media.

10. gawkrodger

I see for this season that the Pro14 have greatly improved their youtube highlights of each game. Much appreciated!

11. gawkrodger

ignore me I'm talking shite

12. flypanam

flypanam Local oaf

No, go on...

13. Bristol well in against Sarries, leading most of the game until George Smith saw red with 35 odd minutes left and then Saracens fully turned the screw.

Think it definitely shows Bath weren't a first night fluke, so much optimism in being a Bris fan right now.

14. stavros

Sale weren't fantastic, and nor was the game, but Worcester look like they're in for a long old season.

15. George Smith turned up to the disciplinary with a ball, gave them a tackling lecture and demonstration and had all charges dropped and the red rescinded.

gawkrodger likes this.
  16. gawkrodger

Bristol looking decent

17. Unfortunately Glaws came out firing 2nd half.

If you'd have given me a win versus Bath and leading at half time versus Saracens and Glaws away I'd have bitten your arm off. Quins at home next week is a game Bris really should be able to win.

18. flypanam

flypanam Local oaf

Kieran Read’s steal should have been penalised, he was down on his elbows. Still the Staffa physicality is good so far.

19. flypanam

flypanam Local oaf

Good game this, SA are hitting up hard and fast pressuring the kiwi handling, NZ are driving way beyond the ball but are making loads of errors. SA ahead at half time.

Malcolm Marx is some beast.

gawkrodger likes this.
  20. flypanam

flypanam Local oaf

Saffa try after the restart.

21. gawkrodger

yeh, if you're not, start watching this game

flypanam and Whagwan like this.
  22. gawkrodger

great saffa try

flypanam likes this.
  23. flypanam

flypanam Local oaf

That winger, 11 has some step. Like a Shane Williams in his orime imo.

24. flypanam

flypanam Local oaf

Felt Read should have been penalised for a shoulder to the head clear out.

Some game. Cmon SA.

25. flypanam

flypanam Local oaf

Result. Nice one SA.

Rassie has to happy with that. That message that his job was on the line was a master stroke.

26. gawkrodger

What a test!

27. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail Well-Known Member

What a result. How the AB's didn't go for the drop goal i don't know.

28. flypanam

flypanam Local oaf

A great weekend of games...highlights are definitely the SA win but the game of the week has to be Zebre vs Cardiff. Zebre won coming from three tries down and restricted Cardiff to three points in the second half.

29. stavros

30. flypanam

flypanam Local oaf

I see John Mitchell has joined England as defence coach. A famously stable and self effacing coach, I wonder how he and eddie will gel?

gawkrodger likes this.