1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Rubberbandits

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Cheesypoof, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Cheesypoof

Cheesypoof Fuck off Noddy

You sound bitter and projecting that bitterness . You and your miserable pals views are....mad!!! Let me just say this: The Rubberbandits art is from their music videos and podcasts, never mind the constant calls for young Irish people not to commit suicide on their Facebook. They constantly keep an eye on this and have a huge following and have made it around the world, as well as Ireland. They have done art exhibitions in Venice, played to sold out shows in New York, Japan, London, Australia - not that ticket sales mean anything. What they are doing, especially in terms of promoting gay rights and things like mental health awareness in Ireland is something that is badly needed. Its extremely important art, and all there in the videos posted here, and podcasts Black Halo posted above, where Blindboy proves himself pretty effortlessly as a well-informed, empathetic and socially aware young commentator on society. Unlike you. Its all in there on the links posted on this thread and it is from their work alone that they should be judged. And that is how they want to be observed too. Anyone reading this thread should have a really good look, and listen. And think for yourselves - thats what its all about.

2. Casually Red

Casually Red tomorrow belongs to me

I've looked at their stuff for years and I'm sorry , it's struck me as a bit shit .

3. drachir

drachir Well-Known Member

I avoided commenting first, as I agree that they're a bit shit, but you asked for opinions and now you're getting them!

I'm sure they're lovely lads, and it's great that they're using their fame for good stuff - I still don't find them funny, though.

I'll disagree with Casually Red on all Irish comedy being shit though; I rewatched Soupy Norman last week and it's great

4. drachir

And fwiw there's no shame in being less talented than GLC :D

5. rorymac

rorymac Well-Known Member

I've asked one or two Limerick mates and a bloke I met the other night from Ballynanty .. well basically they said I wasn't wrong to think they are just fantastic. OMG I glazed over really quickly after that but was all I wanted to know just for myself iykwim.

I said .. 'ok but listen up .. do they mock the working class' ?

'No no no hmmm hmmm chortle that's plain wrong blah blah ........................

....... Oh you know I'm surprised you might think that Rory .. oh well no no no blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ..........................'

'Oh no it's quite the opposite .....................................' fuck me !!

'Who the fuck told you that .. they do in their bollix' Aha !!!!

I aint doing that again Casually Red .. made myself look a right knob :mad:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    clicker, Sweet FA and Cheesypoof like this.
  6. Cheesypoof

Fuck you motherfuckers.....! ;)

7. Cheesypoof

Not to impede....but how you interpret the Rubberbandits depends on your capacity for comedy, the size of your ego...and the breadth of your brain.

8. Cheesypoof

Here's Blindboy talkin sense on the Late Late.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  9. Gerry1time

Gerry1time pities the neurotypical

[​IMG]

Cheesypoof likes this.
  10. Cheesypoof

24593d1234504964-valentine-day-wallpapers-pictures-big-heart-velentine-day.jpg 24593d1234504964-valentine-day-wallpapers-pictures-big-heart-velentine-day.jpg

Gerry1time likes this.
  11. drachir

Yeah I've been thinking that too, but possibly in the opposite way you have...

12. Cheesypoof

Great interview here

jjuice and Mr Retro like this.
  13. Cheesypoof

Gwan Blindboy. Suicide levels among young people in Ireland are alarmingly high as Blindboy tries to often explain. What he says is 100% true.
    Please UK friends support this if you can.

14. Doctor Carrot

Doctor Carrot Bear Grylls grills bare bears

Listened to Black Man and Dad's best friend. This is a good lesson in why not to over hype things. You called them the most exciting band of our modern age and touted them as having ideas that urban will only be ready for in 100 years time. You're apparently ready for them now so presumably you're 100 years ahead of everyone who disagrees with your opinion? Err... ok. Anyway, even without such absurd levels of hyperbole I think they're at best mildly amusing. The comparisons to goldie lookin' chain are very apt. It reminds me of Bo Selecta' too and it's all a bit 2002 really.

15. Cheesypoof

Black Halo likes this.
  16. spitfire

spitfire scouting party

17. spitfire

spitfire scouting party

Interesting stuff, very thoughtful.

Cheesypoof likes this.
  18. Spastic Hawk is just fantastic :D

19. Ranbay

Ranbay The same rules apply

The new TV shows are fucking ace :D

Cheesypoof likes this.
  20. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

are they Zig and Zag?

21. gosub

gosub ~#

no.

22. Orang Utan

easy assumption to leap to!

23. gosub

gosub ~#

Rubberbandits are from Limerick, Zig & Zag Meath & Wicklow

24. Orang Utan

i would not be able to tell the difference

25. Cheesypoof

I watched the ones on money, and sex....pure class. I love the James Joyce and Samuel Beckett puppets too :cool:

26. bubblesmcgrath

bubblesmcgrath Well-Known Member

Have you seen any of "Bridget & Eamon"?

27. Dragnet

Dragnet Active Member

My girlfriend played me a few of their tunes; she reckoned they sounded like something I'd love. Didn't think much of them, but maybe I'm not looking closely enough?

That said, the 'Up the RA' tune posted upthread was decent, and the comparisons to Swift and O'Brien have piqued my interest.

28. unrepentant85

unrepentant85 Dílis d'ar nOidreacht

I used to like them before rte took republic of telly off international rteplayer. Swines.

bubblesmcgrath likes this.
  29. unrepentant85

unrepentant85 Dílis d'ar nOidreacht

Is the new rubberbandits show available anywhere to download?

30. I will have no bad words said against the rubberbandits

heinous seamus and unrepentant85 like this.