The office 'scolding email' thread

Discussion in 'education & employment' started by Badgers, Nov 14, 2006.

1. sorearm

sorearm wanna buy some pegs dave?

Someone left a can of coke in the fridge and somehow it managed to explode ... said contents of the can of coke where still all over the inside of the fridge for 2 days ... it was like some interesting contest to keep on opening the fridge, see if it had been cleaned up and then close the door :)

20180524_094043.jpg

2. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

3. sorearm

We have an addition... shouty upper caps

20180611_094640.jpg

4. sorearm

... seems to be the same 'coke can' notemaker

... knocked off marks for attempts at mixing lowercase and uppercase (dotted 'i') ... maybe someone should correct it with red pen?

Badgers and cupid_stunt like this.
  5. equationgirl

equationgirl Respect my existence or expect my resistance

Why don't they recycle?

Badgers likes this.
  6. sorearm

It's seriously annoying. This floor is in NHS hospital, but is a mixture of university and NHS. Now, we do have recycling bins on the ground floors ... but there's none here, despite repeated requests to Estates. Not very 'green' is it? One of the secretaries used to bag up loads of recycling and take it down but she left - I tend to recycle what I can, keeping my cans / bottles underneath my desk, we share the floor with other groups and they don't seem to give AF. So annoying.

7. equationgirl

I suspect the estates people say it's the university's responsibility and vice versa. It's a shame though, because many employers have site wide recycling these days. My own soon to be former employer actually banned waste bins and replaced them with recycling bins. There were a few people who kept their bins but that was because they are special.

sorearm likes this.
  8. sorearm

That's precisely the conundrum. It's stupid as the university has really, really good recycling policies and bins ... but that would mean a uni staff member has to do it ,... and it's technically a NHS building ... and so it goes back and forth ... stupid. Utterly fucking stupid.

equationgirl likes this.
  9. strung out

strung out (",)

10. equationgirl

Badgers likes this.