1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The office 'scolding email' thread

Discussion in 'education & employment' started by Badgers, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

I love getting emails like this, they crack me up.....

Please post more up and make my working day more bearable!!

:D

2. etnea

etnea EXTERMINIEREN

I have a few of these...

Badgers and muscovyduck like this.
  3. aqua

aqua made of cheese and gin

:d:d:d

Badgers likes this.
  4. cesare

cesare don't mourn, organise!

:D I don't get those anymore. Those are great - at least some of them injected some humour :D

Badgers and Pickman's model like this.
  5. Donna Ferentes

Donna Ferentes jubliado

I wrote one once after somebody kept drinking my milk. It went something like:

Before drinking the milk in the fridge from the carton marked Donna, please check that your name is, in fact, Donna. Somebody has been drinking from it under the apparent impression that their name is Donna, which surprises me as to my knowledge I am in fact the only Donna working here. If you are not sure what your name is, please check with a friend beforehand. Thank you.

6. boozybirdie

boozybirdie New Member

:D fab

Badgers likes this.
  7. Loki

Loki RIP R.I.P.

That person wouldn't speak for me, I wouldn't give a fuck, glad they're enjoying some decent nosh.

I bet they're on some sort of diet and can't handle the smell of yummy food.

8. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

A personal favourite from June this year

Pickman's model likes this.
  9. Wintermute

Wintermute easy tiger

the others are fair game - my own favourite was one reminding everybody that the cleaners are only contracted to clean 2 cups per person so could you please keep count and wash up if you've gone over? :D But that one - "dear everybody, please don't unplug the computer network..." :eek: I'd have stuck barbed wire to the back of the plug, never mind a group email...

10. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

I got one in all capitals the other day

11. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

A recurring theme....

12. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

In my mind, that's exactly what cleaners are employed to do. Clean things. :confused:

Badgers likes this.
  13. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

I really enjoyed this one as two less 'pleasant' members of the management team were involved in the 'late night drinking session'

14. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

This thread is :D :D .

In a previous workplace, an email went round from one of the HR people asking us to refrain from using dessert spoons to make tea & coffee, instead of teaspoons. She obviously had loads of really important HR-related things to do .....NOT!

(I was one of the main culprits :oops: :D :D )

Badgers and ButterPie like this.
  15. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

I may have been 'spoken to directly' :D

16. Mr Retro

Mr Retro TwentyFourThousand

I love the mobile phone one

I have a conversation every couple of weeks that goes:

Can we have your personal mobile number?
    - No it's personal
    Do you want a company phone then?
    - Can I use it for personal calls because I'm not carrying 2 around?
    No, it's for company use only
    - No thanks then.
    So can we have your personal mobile number?
    - No it's personal
    Do you want .......

One dog, Badgers and muscovyduck like this.
  17. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

god, this depresses me. I am so glad I don't work in that environment any more. I mean, we still get people moaning about not washing up cups but nobody sends an email about it.

so much pent up frustration.. *shakes head* :( :D

Badgers likes this.
  18. Mr_Nice

Mr_Nice A Weekend Warrior

Had a classic a while ago ... some woman sent out an email on the coporate distribution list saying that she had an ironing board for sale for £15, then some one replied to ALL asking if she would take £10 then an IT bod mails everyone to say that this is using up valuable resource, then some one else replies asking if it came with an iron then somebody higher the chain said stop sending any more mails, then another jobs worth sent another to all saying that he was quite right ...etc :rolleyes:

Badgers likes this.
  19. beeboo

beeboo geek chic

:rolleyes:

oooh, a "SMEG" fridge. I love how unnecessary, but telling, that detail is. :D

Badgers likes this.
  20. cesare

cesare don't mourn, organise!

For some reason that comment about not crying over the spilt milk really tickled me :D

Badgers likes this.
  21. Pieface

Pieface New Member

I know. Sounds odious doesn't it? A pox on the smeggy fridge!

Badgers likes this.
  22. beeboo

beeboo geek chic

Poor office, living under the illusion it is still 1997. :(

Badgers likes this.
  23. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

A bit like our mate OJ?

February 4 1997 (over 9 years ago!!!)

O. J. Simpson is found liable in civil court for the death of Ron Goldman and for the battery of Nicole Brown Simpson. Simpson is ordered to pay $35,000,000 in damages to the families of the 2 victims.

24. J77

J77 residing

At one of the UKs most prestigous education institutes :D

25. Loki

Loki RIP R.I.P.

Wrong, wrong and wrong! In fact, I read about a study that found that people with "untidy" cluttered desks are mostly more productive and creative than their clean desk counterparts.

In yer face!

26. irishshapes

irishshapes Peeing recklessly

i've had my phone taken back off me, and now they want my personal number! i have this conversation every few weeks! i'm actually beggining to think it's quite funny now!

27. electrogirl

electrogirl dignity is overrated

I also like the little signs you get everywhere which generally have some kind of clip art on them. Those bloody beany men have a lot to answer for.

28. chio

chio New Member

There's one where I am with something along the lines of "Hi! I'm Mr Mouse! You might remember me from those irritating adverts. I absolutely adore it when you leave your half-eaten curry out overnight... keep it up and you'll not be able to get rid of me... ever..."

:eek:

29. Mogden

Mogden I like tea

Well this lot will be doing chuff all work then.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6149324.stm
    I'm more inclined to believe it's true rather than:

"Staff are asked to organise their desks when shared with colleagues to avoid clutter and to make sure they have everything set up to do their job effectively.

Any suggestion that staff are restricted to a pen and cup on their desk is simply not true."

Nah mate, it's just a pen they're allowed :p

30. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

Where, where is that study?