Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The New Techno Thread

dialectician

The Main Enemy is at home.
One of the most distinctive experimental techno/breakbeat techno/bass producers at the moment. Proper UK techno vibes on this one.

panpete

Blokes name, birds body.
thanks for the tunes on here, only read page 1 so far, listening to the first vid on this thread, nice.

sim667

Licking windows on the 303 bus.
Has anyone got any suggestions of artists I might like along the likes of perc, truss, tessela etc?

I downloaded a pack of 100 tunes which are supposedly the best tunes of 2013, but I'm just not feeling a lot of them. Where as I really like the artists I've listed above.

ouchmonkey

Singe Gainsbourg
Has anyone got any suggestions of artists I might like along the likes of perc, truss, tessela etc?

I downloaded a pack of 100 tunes which are supposedly the best tunes of 2013, but I'm just not feeling a lot of them. Where as I really like the artists I've listed above.
start here maybe? perctrax.bandcamp.com/album/slowly-exploding
I'm enjoying Drvg Cvltvre at the moment (despite the name/spelling thing)

just noticed a track from it two posts back :oops:

dialectician

The Main Enemy is at home.
this is new though.
surgeon remix. sounds like surgeon.
WIN
Surgeon's been hammering it for two years now, glad to see that it's finally got a release. Definitely one of those tracks that has to be set aside for now, though seen as it's been so overplayed.

Fez909

toilet expert
This is either another Shed alias or an homage of the highest order...it sounds just like his Head High stuff.

cantsin

How would you identify hipster-techno?:confused:

(Other than by seeing a load of hipsters listening to it).
good question, how about :

1 is it on Errol Alkans Phantasy Sound label ( eg Dan Avery )
2 Is it on L.I.E.S. ?
3 Is it Randomer ?
4 Is it techno made by bass producers, + loved by Fact/Pitchfork ? (eg : Blawan / others i can't think of )
5 Is it on Border Comm ? ( for the older heads )

(plse feel free to add any other spurious questions / categorisations)