1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New Techno Thread

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Monkeygrinder's Organ, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

There was a 90s techno thread a while ago and I was thinking of posting this in a 'why isn't it as good any more' sort of way. Recently though there's been some great techno I reckon, some of which came up on the mixes thread yesterday. So post examples of great new techno here. To start:

Ugandan Methods (Ancient Methods/Regis)

Perc (mixed by Ancient Methods again) - Perc Trax is generally great IMO

Vatican Shadow

All influenced by industrial and Downwards stuff but there's other good stuff out there. Any more?

panpete, Mapped, mao and 2 others like this.
  2. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

urban's own szare

3. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

pye corner audio transcription services

4. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Silent Servant

Citizen66, Fez909 and zeedoodles like this.
  5. Monkeygrinder's Organ

One of the dubstep/post dubstep/whatever it is now types who're making what's basically techno now.

zeedoodles likes this.
  6. zeedoodles

zeedoodles Member

Got this a couple of weeks ago - love it

This was the first one on sheworks - definatly a label to watch but releases seem to be limited and sell our real quick so grab them if you can.

panpete likes this.
  7. zeedoodles

zeedoodles Member

Been out a few months now

Killer from a few months ago

8. zeedoodles

zeedoodles Member

Their new one

Bit older but still loving this

magneze and blossie33 like this.
  9. zeedoodles

zeedoodles Member

Still loving this from earlier this year

The new(er) one

Going to stop there because it is rude to post too many but the past two years have been Techno heven so much good stuff coming out. Could have also posted stuff from Ben Sims, Kirk Degiorgio, Skudge and loads more. Really please to see the young British Artists are leading the way (again) the kind of dub stepped influenced industrial acid dark stuff is amazing. As much as I love the big D the uk are far better at evolving and moving forward (can't knock a bit of Mr Hood though)

blossie33 likes this.
  10. braindancer

braindancer not for long

11. braindancer

braindancer not for long

12. braindancer

braindancer not for long

Perhaps not quite techno but lovely lovely acid. The whole album is awesome - one of my faves of the year.....

magneze likes this.
  13. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

Got this last week. Great tune. :cool:

14. braindancer

braindancer not for long

Shifted's Crossed Paths LP is another corker.... here's one of the tunes:

15. DJ Squelch

DJ Squelch King Of Insides

Off Claudio PRC's album

magneze likes this.
  16. moody

moody Being alive increases risk of death.

anything on MINUS, esp by Marc Houle,

try these for size...

loving the combo of analogue and digital sounds he uses

17. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

danski and zeedoodles like this.
  18. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Ive noticed a lot of the srs dubstep producers are turning their hands to techno now.....

19. zeedoodles

zeedoodles Member

Just ordered this

20. zeedoodles

zeedoodles Member

Cheers for the heads up dude - saw this today in my local shop and reconised it from this thread straight away and picked it up (will have fun cutting it up on the decks later) Real bonus, very rare to see tunes like that floating around in Auckland.

Monkeygrinder's Organ likes this.
  21. DJ Squelch

DJ Squelch King Of Insides

Hidden Rooms - Greyland lp

22. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

judging by this thread, techno is in the doldrums. Most of what's been posted so far is dull and lacking in personality.

23. nastybobby

nastybobby Well-Known Member

I'm really liking most of the stuff that's been released on the Delsin label recently, Claro Intelecto's latest LP in particular is a real 'return to form' for him IMO.

Claro Intelecto - Reform Club LP

and the Delta Funktionen Traces LP from earlier this year

24. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter edge of heaven

Great thread - can't wait to go through all these tunes.

If you're interested in hearing new stuff, there's a wicked techno show every Thursday done by Dutch producer/DJ Rolf Mulder. A mate of mine is signed to his label. The label and the radio show tends towards the harder/more abrasive side of techno but there's quite a lot of variety in there too. The show is every Thursday 8pm to 10pm, with an hour of tunes from Rolf Mulder then an hour DJ mix by a guest DJ each week. The archive is available at http://www.thepublicstand.com/

...and check https://twitter.com/rolfmulder / @rolfmulder on Twitter for the live link to the radio show/video each week.

There was a fucking wicked mix by Dead Sound the other week: http://www.thepublicstand.com/shows/rolf-mulder-the-public-stand-20120927-guestmix-deadsound

Also you might wanna check my mate Trust the Machine who's released a few things on the Public Stand label...

http://soundcloud.com/trustthemachine - check the track "Pretty Basic"

25. boing!

boing! hairy cheese eater

Recent and techno-ish

26. braindancer

braindancer not for long

27. Brixton Hatter

Bump for techno fans...

As mentioned earlier up the thread, there's a great 2 hour online techno show every Thursday - tonight from 8pm to 10pm. I'll post the direct link later.

28. Monkeygrinder's Organ

OK he's been doing it forever but this is from his new record and is excellent IMO.:)

Brixton Hatter likes this.
  29. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Regis remix of VCMG - Vince Clark and Martin Gore of Depeche Mode (+Erasure etc:D)

Brixton Hatter likes this.
  30. Brixton Hatter

Here's the latest Public Stand techno show:

http://www.thepublicstand.com/shows/rolf-mulder-the-public-stand-20121018-guestmix-by-my-evil-twin

As usual, an hour of various new tunes from Rolf Mulder then a 60 min mix, this time from My Evil Twin (which is a bit more on the deep/tech house side of things) :)