The Moto G Phone, £135 yet decent smart phone.

Discussion in 'mobiles, tablets and wearable tech' started by Sunray, Nov 13, 2013.

1. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

getting my g6 plus delivered tomorrow. very good specs for under 300 squids.

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.
  2. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

just noticed it doesn't have a LED notification light on front-which is odd.....

but anyway, ordered a case for it. unfortunately, it's shipping from outside the UK

[​IMG]

keybored and Maggot like this.
  3. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

God that's ugly :p

emanymton likes this.
  4. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

:D

I likey:cool:

ps it's clearly copying the famous Mondrain dress by YSL 1965. always loved the colours and wanted to paint my living room feature this colour combo :cool:

mondrian dress - Google Search

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    keybored and Poi E like this.
  5. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

So I've reinstalled all the apps I want, apart from the bus one, which I can't find.

My phone is running much better now, so thanks Miss-Shelf!

AFAIK everything is back apart from my photos and videos which are stored in various places, I don't want all of them back on my phone, just a few, so need to sort that.

6. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

I got mine today. can you confirm where the photos you take is saved to? I cant find the gallery app anywhere. It seems to save to google photos. gallery isn't on the phone itself? :confused:

7. UnderAnOpenSky

Google photos is also a gallery app that merges local with cloud. If you look with a file manager they will be there.

donkyboy likes this.
  8. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

i rather it had a gallery app like samsung rather than saving to google photos. might look on play store for one.

9. UnderAnOpenSky

Why wouldn't you want your photos backed up?

Anyway I'm sure you will find plenty on there. I've gone the other way use Google Photos as my default over the Samsung...

10. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

i will probably get used to it, tbh. first day usage.

11. UnderAnOpenSky

Nice thing about Android of course is you can do that. .

One thing I disliked about the G4 was the camera. Viewed them on the S8 I replaced it with and turns out it was the screen I didn't like. Had some printed quite large and they are great. :facepalm:

12. Slo-mo

Slo-mo Banned Banned

And the G5 is down to £109 on Giffgaff and O2. Both plus £10 top up and probably network locked,mind

13. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

have you found the call volume on this low? took a call and caller volume seems low which makes it hard to hear what the caller is saying. can't seem to find anything on setting about call volume

skyscraper101 likes this.
  14. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

update on this. really has great battery life.

15. S☼I

S☼I I don't want your poxy mint

I've still got my Moto G 2nd gen 4G - my first smartphone, had it over 3 years now
    Going strong, still, battery is good, sometimes gets stuck if there's too much open :D

16. Maggot

My battery has been running down much quicker recently. Could this be due to the hot weather?

17. keybored

keybored #NeverUseTheInternetAgain

How old is the battery?

18. Maggot

About 3 years.

19. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Probably a bit of both. My OH was at the F1 on Sunday and her iPhone which is usually pretty good at lasting a day and a half, just went down rapidly in the heat, not helped by us texting constantly to tell her how many seconds X was behind X or what happened to so and so to cause a safety car.

Maggot likes this.
  20. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

anyone else have the charging issue?
    I got the G4 and it's failing, happened to my G3 as well, charger doesn't always work and even when connected it sometimes goes down or takes a long time to charge
    also hasn't said "turbo charge" for ages
    not sure if the port on phone or something else, have googled, read a few threads on forums and a couple of shit youtube videos saying to reboot it or put it in freezer etc
    cheers

21. UnderAnOpenSky

Failing charger? I seem to remember the G4 needs a special charger for turbo, which is a bit shit.

22. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

ta
    tried a few different ones and it works on partners G5

and mine won't connect to computer anymore for longer than a few seconds :mad:

23. chilango

chilango *shrugs*

Fluff in the port?

24. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

gonna try that theory when i can find my compressed air can!
    ta
    does seem to be a bit better just from booting it up by holding down power button for a while

25. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

26. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

DO NOT GET the G6 play! Good battery but shit sound recording on videos for some reason, it's a known issue as I discovered after getting one :mad: :facepalm:

27. what

what Well-Known Member

My G6 plays gone back after the mic broke in less than 2 months. Seems like a common problem. Bloody frustrating having a phone where no one at the recieving end can hear you.

28. lizzieloo

lizzieloo Numpty extraordinaire

I got my g6 delivered yesterday, it looks dead swish but I'm a bit scared of the whole thing being made of glass. :eek:

Loving it so far, upgraded from a g4 with a ghost inside. Not really had much chance to try much but I'll post any problems/gushing joy here.

29. lizzieloo

A lot of people online advised against getting the g5, saying the g4 was a better phone.

I just wait for my phones to break before upgrading, was just good timing.

30. lizzieloo

Oh and the fingerprint thing

:cool::cool::cool: