The Meat-Free Breakfast thread.

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Maggot, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

Here is the meat-free version of this thread https://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/the-full-english-back-me-up.291452/

Here we can post up our vegetarian, vegan, pescetarian cooked breakfasts and be judged (harshly or otherwise) on them.

I will get the ball rolling with 2 I had in Liverpool at the weekend.

2018-10-06 10.21.30.jpg
    This was in Love Thy Neighbour which was next to my hotel. Veggie black pudding was good, only one hash brown though.

2. Callie

Callie Pivoting

What's going to be your veggie equivalent of the sausage yardstick?

What will be your core essential items? Will the hash brown A380 be one of them??

High Voltage and A380 like this.
  3. Callie

Callie Pivoting

Eggs look good, nice yolks and well cooked white. You may have to describe some of the other components (??some form of sausage??) as pic is blurry :p

A380, Maggot and sealion like this.
  4. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

Eggs are meat, aren't they?

5. rich!

rich! stalin tache

Ibis in Amsterdam. Good rye bread (no toaster!) with beans and croquettes. Three types of muesli, cornflakes, sprinkles of nuts and dried fruit, soya milk. And reasonable coffee.

PippinTook and Badgers like this.
  6. a_chap

a_chap When the world came apart, where were you?

Waitrose's veggie breakfast has two veggie sausages instead of meatie sausages and two "rashers" or veggie bacon instead of slices of dead pig.

It puzzles me why non-veggies believe that vegetarians really, really want imitation meat products.

:confused:

7. Maggot

Back of the plate from the left: mushrooms, veggie sausage, veggie black pudding, hash brown.

I don't know why hash browns get so slated on the other thread. Crunchy and carby is good.

8. Callie

Callie Pivoting

I don't understand this thread :D

Maggot likes this.
  9. Maggot

Because we like the texture and taste of meat, but not the cruelty and climate change aspects of it.

(not all veggies ovbiously but a fair number)

PippinTook likes this.
  10. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

had to admit i maybe getting old

but a fat line of speed, 2 smokes and a mug of piping hot strong as fuck coffee

is not my daily routine anymore

Badgers, Maggot and Callie like this.
  11. rich!

rich! stalin tache

once I ordered a vegan stratichelli (?) pizza in Rome.

There was too much fake meat on it.

After that I stuck to the vegan vegetariana. And the vegan quattro formaggio.

PippinTook likes this.
  12. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

There are four or five processed items on the breakfast you posted, along with all the packaging and transportation, how is it good for climate change?

13. A380

A380 How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?

Hash browns, and baked beans. Fried egg if allowed.

The39thStep likes this.
  14. Maggot

Everything we eat has packaging and transportation unless you live entirely off your allotment. :facepalm:

Animal agriculture contributes more to climate change than all transport combined, it also uses 70% of agricultural land and is one of the leading causes of deforestation, biodiversity loss, and water pollution.

Wookey, a_chap and A380 like this.
  15. sealion

You can buy plenty of loose veg and various other unpacked food products from stalls and markets :rolleyes: If you are so concerned about the environment, then you'd make more of an effort to use less packaging and buy stuff that doesn't have to be imported or processed. I know what animal agriculture contributes to, the same as i know what laziness and self righteousness does.

16. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Dont pollute this thread with your perverse views! Shit cakes don't belong anywhere except the bin!

17. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

Anyone serving a breakfast with eggs like that should be shot.

18. Maggot

You know nothing about where I buy my veg from, so stop trying to judge me. This is about breakfasts.

Wookey, treefrog and rich! like this.
  19. sealion

Processed unhealthy shit! I'll leave you to kid yourself.
    You put a dish up to be judged :facepalm::D

20. Maggot

You never said that on the full English thread. I wonder why?

Yes, the dish is to be judged, not the behaviour of the person eating it. :facepalm:

Wookey, PippinTook and Calamity1971 like this.
  21. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

Why? White's cooked, yolk is still runny. Everything else is detail imo. And they have done the polite thing of putting the beans in a separate container so that they do not pollute the eggs. Gets an A grade from me.

What's in a veggie black pudding? How do you replicate blood?

PippinTook and Maggot like this.
  22. sealion

I'm scared of them :rolleyes: or maybe that thread doesn't sing the virtues of being environmentally right on and then contradict itself.

23. 2hats

2hats

vb.jpeg
    Scrambled eggs on potato farls, fried mushrooms, baked beans, avocado mashed up with chilli flakes, pinch of rocket leaves, chopped chives, salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Meat and dairy free.

24. Epona

Epona I am Hououin Kyouma

I'm not sure about the avocado tbh, but it's not a deal breaker. It does look really good. I think if you're going for a veggie breakfast then mushrooms are a necessity, and lots of them. That plate fulfills that. I also just out of personal preference prefer scramblies to frieds, so that gains it a point.

PippinTook, A380 and Miss-Shelf like this.
  25. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

Ah detail.....detail....The top one in particular looks like a skin disease.

tommers and A380 like this.
  26. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

The bean ramekin ruins the breakfast :mad:
    What is in a veggie black pudding?

27. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

Sap pudding.

High Voltage, PippinTook and Badgers like this.
  28. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Example of ingredients in the Real Lancashire Black Pudding Company:

29. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

Blood?

Maybe it's beetroot or something.

PippinTook likes this.
  30. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie BeRightOn

It’s a deal breaker environmentally. I mentioned to two vegan friends the impact that avocado orchards are having in Mexico due to deforestation, they had no idea.

friendofdorothy and polly like this.