The Last Jedi : BEWARE SPOILERS YOU SHOULD

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by ruffneck23, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

it has been very well received everywhere and the only people who seem to object to it is the imprinted 40 something geeknerds.

2. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

55% on Rotten Tomatoes. A lot of the audience objects to the crap bits (mostly Poe’s stupidity for me).

3. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

It was certainly well received by both me and the friend I saw it with, but we still both came out saying, “if you can destroy whole fleets with an object ramming them at hyper speed, why not just do that all the time? And why not do it straight away? And why did Lorna Dern have to personally pilot that massive ship in any case? Don’t they have autopilot?”

Well received doesn’t mean you don’t notice massive internal inconsistencies.

BigTom, Beats & Pieces and emanymton like this.
  4. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

I finally saw it, overall enjoyed (some great touched, lightsaber stabiness, good if nonsensical space combat. Porgs nakedly shoehorned in with no real subplot except 'I am a cute toy'

finn spends the entire film shouting again. Oh leiea as SPAAAACE GHOOOOST was good when you thought she'd died in the blast with RIP ackbar

When ren held his hand out to rey I immediatly went there and hoped their union would be a herald of balance, the yin yang and all that one. Only they didn't go there (they did in my head) instead Luke got his balls out of retirement and saved the day before going of into force ghostland. Also: captain phasma's unearned level of Boss Deathness was funny. Classic baddie mistake 'No shootings to good for them!' yeah excellent last words.

Lazy Llama likes this.
  5. Beats & Pieces

Beats & Pieces 24601 / 9430

6. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

Of all the shit they left in, but then they left this out?
    Phasma is a pointless plot point that should have been expanded to tie Finn's past role. Less fuckin porgs and Poe . . . And yeah the plot was stooopid. I'm not in love with the original star wars but the lesson there is to keep it simple, not ram it full of crap until the holes and bad stitching start to show.

7. Beats & Pieces

Beats & Pieces 24601 / 9430

That was my reaction - this is interesting and gives some insight in to Phasma as a character beyond being a silver suit / toy. Increasingly it becomes harder to work out quite what Disney is about regarding Star Wars.

:(

8. Rosemary Jest

Rosemary Jest Wrong and Unstable

Just watched it and my verdict is... shite.

Not as good as episode 1, 2 or 3.

Liked the cute alien things though, and the silvery space dogs. :thumbs:

But by christ, the acting. Oh, the acting. It seemed more like a Flash Gordon sequel, but with worse acting and shitter soundtrack.

PursuedByBears likes this.
  9. PursuedByBears

PursuedByBears Go stick your head in a pig

Given time to reflect, i think that both rogue one and the last jedi were terrible . There, I've finally admitted it.

mwgdrwg and Rosemary Jest like this.
  10. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Even though they’re obviously not the first films to be divisive, i cannot think of any other films that have proved so massively Marmitesque as the new SW films. Not only that, but there isn’t even much consensus amongst any group of people who might dislike one film and like the others.

I’ve meet people who loved Rogue One, didn’t like ep VII but liked VIII. Others liked RO, liked VII and hated VIII. Others likes/ disliked all three. And similar splits amongst those who hated RO about their opinions of VII & VIII. It is quite fascinating...

11. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

Finally got round to watching it. It was a good spectacle. There were some really cool bits. Like it looked fucking lovely at times.

Bombs in space was stupid. Poe is a fucking idiot. The mechanic woman was very multi-talented (tracking device expert, pilot, weird horse expert etc etc.).

But ultimately who cares? I mean RoTJ is fucking nonsense from start to finish. It was a very enjoyable 2 1/2 hours.