1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The job hunting support thread

Discussion in 'education & employment' started by Cloo, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Poi E

Poi E Pessimism: a valuable protection against quackery.

Just told I didn't get an awesome role. Oh well. Another interview today for a position in Amsterdam. Hmm.

2. izz

izz life's too short to be normal

I'm coming to the conclusion that only blatant self-promotion and self-interest will get either a promotion or a better job. Diligence, integrity, competence, are fuck all use.

3. pseudonarcissus

pseudonarcissus fluttering and dancing

Well, I’ve not been shortlisted for an interview in Norway. I’m sad about that :(
    Off to Brazil for an interview next week..I signed on for the doll and had my first interview today...no one told me I needed to go to the job centre EVERY week. Tomorrow I’ve got to go back with an email about the interview...hopefully I’ll get a pass. I didn’t dare ask if they’d contribute to interview travel expenses ;)

crossthebreeze likes this.
  4. Slo-mo

Slo-mo Banned Banned

I guess you have to self promote about how diligent, competent and integral (is that even a word?) you are?

5. sovereignb

sovereignb Well-Known Member

Sorry to be nosey but it seems a few people are finding jobs abroad in Brazil and Norway here! How?

6. pseudonarcissus

pseudonarcissus fluttering and dancing

I used to work in Brazil, this would be going back as a sole trader contracted to the same firm. Norway was advertised on the interweb...its a company that’s been a client in the past.
    Suddenly I’ve has headhunters in touch after 6 weeks of silence, so maybe things are looking up. I’m very lucky, I appreciate that.

7. sovereignb

sovereignb Well-Known Member

Well good on you! I guess it depends on what your field of work is. I would love the opportunity to work abroad but (US or Netherlands). But to be headhunted must feel pretty good. Hope whatever avenue you take it works out :thumbs:
    My contract ended in December...I forgot how tiring the application process is, especially not knowing exactly what I wanna do.

8. starfish

starfish No dialogue. Just plot.

After 2 months out of work ive got a job. For 2 months. This is new for me. Ive never had such a short term job. Maybe this is my future. Im indifferent to this idea. But its money that will arrive just in time & a hell of a lot more than my JSA would be for the same time.

9. starfish

starfish No dialogue. Just plot.

And it will save us a bit on our next heating bill :)

friendofdorothy likes this.