The iPhone XS thread

Discussion in 'mobiles, tablets and wearable tech' started by cybershot, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty IdProle

£1.35k on a phone! :D
    Come on - what justifies it? It isn’t more powerful than similarly priced laptops and certainly not desktops (or that more powerful than an iPhone 6).

editor likes this.
  2. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman It's all good, man

I'm simply imparting my wisdom. Trying to educate people who think that paying over 1300 quid for an inferior phone is sensible. But I can only lower the ladder. You must make the effort to grasp it and climb onto it.

3. Lupa

Lupa Well-Known Member

Is XS extra small?

I'll get my coat.....!>>>>>

4. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

I doubt anyone on here even thinking about an iPhone Xs is even considering the top end £1300 one. Unless you’re doing loads of videos you don’t need the storage space of that model. So I don’t know why everyone keep quoting the £1300 as if everyone buying an Xs is actually spending that much.

And if they are, and they can afford it and want it. Who gives a shit.

5. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty IdProle

Is that what it is: storage for videos?
    Anyone wanting to spend that kind of cash would buy a dedicated camera!

6. cybershot

You can store whatever you want on it, but with iCloud storage working very well when it comes to photo and video it seems an excessive amount of local storage. All my photos currently only use 230mb on my device. 14gb is in use out of 64gb and I’ve had the phone almost 12 months.

The only other reason i can see is games, but there’s better devices to play games on and you can get a pretty impressive pc gaming rig for the same price. So I doubt it’s gamers buying 256GB of storage.

Magnus McGinty likes this.
  7. Saul Goodman

The cheapest one is a grand. That's still 3 times the price of a far superior phone. The top of the range is £1450.
    If people driving ridiculously overpriced cars are fair game on here, then so should Apple fanboys, with their ridiculously overpriced phones.

8. cybershot

And like the cars. The owners troll you and you troll the owners. In reality everyone thinks they are getting one over the other but actually both sides don’t really give a shit other than to think they are winding each other up.

9. Saul Goodman

Exactly! I don't care what phone someone owns. I just love winding up Apple fanboys :D

10. cybershot

Everyone’s too old to really give a shit what anyone thinks here. :D

Bahnhof Strasse and Saul Goodman like this.
  11. discobastard

discobastard edited

No, I just mean why do people seem to get so upset about it. They charge a ridiculous amount because people will pay it. Who cares?

alcopop likes this.
  12. cybershot

13. alcopop

alcopop Banned Banned

Basically

Attached Files:

14. editor

editor hiraethified

For your information and education, it was actually an Android phone that was the first with a notch.

HTH. HAND.

Oh and don't call me a twat please. It's not my fault that you got your facts all muddled up! :D

15. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse A-wob a-bob bob

It’s about 1.5cm.

Do you describe your penis as “monster” too? :(

16. Saul Goodman

Using the small/far away principle. It seems it's actually bigger than a human being (the notch, not editor's penis)

[​IMG]

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  17. editor

editor hiraethified

Compared to a screen with no ugly notch yes it is big and ugly. And other manufacturers do have much smaller ones. Can't see how anyone can describe them as a nice design feature, and I'm really not sure why my monster unleashed cobra schlonger is involved in this discussion.

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  18. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

I really don't have a problem with the notch. I don't know why some people find it so irritating.

It's either that or bezel if you want a front facing camera and ear speaker. All Apple are doing is adding some extra screen around the edges of the area that cannot be screen. It's entirely something I can live with and don't even think about.

19. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam.

You could always get a PIxel 3 if you want the best of both worlds, a hideous notch AND a bezel :D

20. editor

editor hiraethified

Or just get a Galaxy S9 which looks positively futuristic compared to both *and* comes with a glorious headphone jack for everlasting, no-charging-or-adaptors-needed listening pleasure. That changes everything!

21. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam.

Oh god yes.

I see the mega-expenssive Pixel Slate has binned the headphone jack too. Bastards.

22. editor

editor hiraethified

It is the future, sadly. Thanks Apple, you wasteful cunts.

23. cybershot

But Apple wern't the first to get rid of the headphone jack!

Kid_Eternity likes this.
  24. editor

editor hiraethified

But Apple are the ones who influence the industry, what with them being the richest fuckers on the planet.

25. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

Indeed and I remember a certain Android love raving about that first G1 and dismissing comments about tbt head phone jack as no big deal at the time.

It’s funny how it’s an outrage when Apple does it but when everyone else follows it’s fine. See also: the notch.

26. Mrs D

Mrs D . Banned

That must be because they make dreadful overpriced tat that no one wants to buy.

alcopop likes this.
  27. editor

editor hiraethified

Returning banned poster banned for the sixth or seventh time. :rolleyes:

28. xenon

xenon A move in any direction

Ha. Who was it? They lasted quite a while.

29. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Patterdale Terrorist R.I.P.

Lol, I knew it. Who was it?

30. editor

editor hiraethified

bi0boy, Lambert Simnel, Perkin Warbeck, Juno4000 and more. I remember bioboy was a decent poster but then he had some sort of shouty meltdown and has never been the same since. Shame.

xenon and twentythreedom like this.