1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*The Great U75 Politics Reading List Thread.

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by Idris2002, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama Fuck the system.

I recommend Mike Cooley`s book Architect or Bee . Where to start ? errr ok its about worker controll ... thats it , and technology

2. Idris2002

Idris2002 A kick up the Arás

This looks like your best bet:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...owtoread.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0JMFuU7nEZLA7sumndaVAQ

I'm not sure if that link will work, though - let me know if it doesn't, and I'll see what else I can do.

Dragnet likes this.
  3. Idris2002

4. Dragnet

Dragnet Well-Known Member

5. krtek a houby

krtek a houby The Machine Stops

Dug out a couple of books from the pile today; can anyone recommend which is worth reading more?

Nell - Nell McCafferty's autobiography
    Small Earthquake in Chile - Alistair Horne

Ta!

6. Idris2002

I'd go with Nell.

krtek a houby likes this.
  7. krtek a houby

krtek a houby The Machine Stops

I did in the end! Nearly finished it and it's a real eye opener.

Especially hearing about stuff like the plight of the Armagh Women - the hunger strikers. I had never heard of them before. Makes me want to see the film Silent Grace but that's never on the telly and the DVD costs an arm and a leg.

Nell's great. Flawed, as any of us are, but great. I'd seen her around years back and I might have even spoken to her (memory hazy on this one) but I wish I had known her story and the wider story, back then.

I'd seen it and I'd heard it. It was all around me but I didn't open my eyes and I didn't listen.

Anyway, best autobiography I've read in all my years. Anyone who hasn't read it - go for it.

[​IMG]