The Garden Bridge

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by tendril, Nov 16, 2013.

1. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

His head wont roll since he stood down.

2. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

I don't actually think it was a completely bad idea but just in the wrong place, didn't work as a good cycle route and was private. Deptford or Fulham it could have been cool.

3. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Fulham/Chelsea is getting a new ped bridge adjoining the Cremorne Rail Bridge c/o the developers of that new tower block Lombard Wharf going across to Imperial Wharf Station, I think.

4. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Deptford????

To the Isle of Dogs? :hmm:

5. So a bridge that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, is free to use, is clear of obstructions for users and is in a place not already jam-packed with bridges; other than being none of those thing this wasn't a terrible idea :D

bromley, Enviro and Dr. Furface like this.
  6. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

According to a recent letter from our local tory party candidate, the bridge between Battersea and Fulham is proceeding and is to be called "The Diamond Jubilee Bridge". I wonder by the time it is built whether it should be called Queens Memorial Bridge?

7. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I think they're about to miss the boat on' Prince Philip Memorial Bridge'...

8. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

I see no more public engagements for him, so he won't be over anytime soon to open it, Mind you George is going to school just around the corner from where the new bridge is going, but I guess he could be at Harrow by the time it's opened! :D

9. pseudonarcissus

pseudonarcissus fluttering and dancing

finally dead £37 million of public money down the drain on this vanity project. Let's have more bridges, just part of the trasportation infrastructure.

oryx, sealion, Winot and 1 other person like this.
  10. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat, Jim

Now officially shitcanned:

London garden bridge project scrapped

The whole thing stank of cronyism and corruption. How 37m of public cash got spent on a private sector project before it got anywhere near actual construction should by rights be a matter for the CPS.

Enviro, oryx, Sirena and 3 others like this.
  11. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

£37m?! Where the fuck did it go?

12. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

According to the FT the cost to the taxpayer is £46m
    Subscribe to read

I'm just glad we won't have to hear any more patronising and frankly disgusting bullshit from Lumley or that cunt Mervyn Davies about how the fucking thing would be a great 'gift to the people from the corporate world' - because had it ever been built it would have been the gift-that-kept-on-taking from the taxpayer, for no good purpose. Thank you Sadiq Khan and Margaret Hodge for sparing us from any more of this shit.

oryx and SpookyFrank like this.
  13. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

consultants

14. SpookyFrank

I've got to get a slice of this consultancy racket. I've already perfected doing nothing, now I just need to work out how to invoice thousands of pounds an hour for doing it.

Sue and BigTom like this.
  15. Crispy

I mean, this is literaly my job! Where's my pint of gravy?

16. SpookyFrank

Have you tried being mates with Joanna Lumley?

17. lefteri

lefteri Well-Known Member

There needs to be some sort of enquiry as to how heatherwick got the job for the full design with no competition

Dr. Furface, SpookyFrank and Sirena like this.
  18. Crispy

We disagreed about which way round to hang the toilet paper :mad:

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  19. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

Mate, I can teach you how to do this. Well, I say teach, I will consult with you about your future consultancy rackets. I only cost £1,000ph, let me know where to send the invoice.

Enviro, sealion, Winot and 1 other person like this.
  20. Sirena

Sirena Don't monkey with the buzzsaw

21. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

'On the toilet roll holder' vs 'over one's servant's' arm?

22. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Try asking Johnson;it was another of his vanity projects and he agreed to spend it!

23. Sirena

Sirena Don't monkey with the buzzsaw

24. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Exactly. But he won't be called to account as he has now moved on to greater things. BASTARD.

25. Good, now send Johnson and Osborne the fucking bill.

26. MAD-T-REX

MAD-T-REX Well-Known Member

27. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

28. pseudonarcissus

pseudonarcissus fluttering and dancing

and why not?

29. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

30. TruXta

TruXta tired

It's not beyond the fuckups in city hall to manage to let Boris off the hook for this one too.