1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Football Lads Alliance

Discussion in 'football' started by editor, Jul 3, 2017.

1. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

This? "Liam O penned the following in reply to those on the left-wing Urban 75 forum that have already written off the FLA as being racist "

Absolutely.

This? ... "and Islamophobic"

Probably not so much.

That said perhaps you could all point me to where you all dissected and criticised this statement (post#9)

"Up to 5,000 assorted Islamophobes, racists and fascists marched through central London today, mobilised by a rightwing coalition of football hooligan firms called the Football Lads Alliance."

as a misrepresentation?

“You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say”
    Martin Luther

2. Unlike the chateratti who do nothing but opinion form here.

3. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

They didn't read anyone dismissing the FLA as 'Islamophobic' here, certainly.

editor and MadeInBedlam like this.
  4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Did anyone on urban say those words? No? Then fuck off with your manufactured, dishonest misrepresentation. Why did you do it anyway? It's not like it's difficult to work out that you're making it up.

5. Hang on, nobody batted an eyelid when Butchers was full on attacking me with a way more disingenuous misrepresentation of me than what you claim RA are doing.

6. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

No YOU fuck off.

How is it dishonest or misrepresentative to point out that somebody posted that shite and not one of you criticised it? At all.

7. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Like when he accused you of adopting a 'good IRA name'? Lol

I don't know one Irish person called Magnus - let alone a Republican. Maybe he has the 'Ra confused with The Vikings?

Magnus McGinty likes this.
  8. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Fuck me. Them Fenians are EVERYWHERE :eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Just as well Inspector Bitchers was on the case, otherwise you might have gotten away with it too!

Magnus (Kalos)
    upload_2017-7-10_22-50-16.png

McGinty

upload_2017-7-10_22-51-5.png

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Wait, so your journalistic analysis is this: if people choose to ignore a quoted sentence in a fast moving thread, then by default - they must be fully endorsing it?

:facepalm:

ddraig and Red Sky like this.
  10. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

'Islamophobic', in speech marks like it was quotes from something someone posted here. I wonder why they did that, when no-one on the thread has said it?

Red Sky, MadeInBedlam and editor like this.
  11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

MadeInBedlam likes this.
  12. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

It was post no.9 It was hardly 'fast moving ' back then was it?

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Because he's happy to twist the truth to put this community in a bad light. It's quite shameful stuff, really.

I hope he has the decency to apologise and edit that deceitfully inaccurate article.

14. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Bitchers accused Magnus McGinty of being a 'Republican fetishist' and said (on one onthe threads he linked to as evidence) that the name was chosen because it was a 'good IRA name'.

That was his level of debate. Percfectly legitimate yto pint out that he made a complete cunt of himself.

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

But NO ONE on this site made the comments that you're trying to attribute to them. They were quoted from another site and that was clearly referenced by a link in the same post.

Red Sky likes this.
  16. Scare quotes don't always mean that, as you well know.

17. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Are you referring to me here?

Or the author of the RA fb post?

18. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

Why would I be referring to you? You didn't write it did you?

19. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

I am not trying to attibute those remarks to anyone (other than the author(s) of the artcle).

I merely pointed out that nobody challenged them.

20. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

Anyway, I think it's a shame is all. There's a good debate to be had somewhere in all this.

chilango and editor like this.
  21. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

just seeking a little clarity. Wouldn't want any misunderstanding.

22. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Lol.

23. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Have a good evening. I'm off to read to my daughter

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

But that is no rational way to then assume anything of anyone reading it. It's lazy and thoroughly dishonest. Lack of a response does not equal tacit agreement,

Loads of rubbish gets posted here every day. By your own stupid argument, unless you happen to have had the time or inclination to have challenged them, then your full support would be assumed, and you'd be happy for that to form the basis of an article published elsewhere.

Have some fucking balls and admit that you fucked up. You're trying to defend the indefensible.

25. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm seeking clarity too.
    Did you write the article YES/NO?

26. Have some consistency then with both the lies and abuse I got over several pages.

27. MadeInBedlam

MadeInBedlam 'He bloody well thinks he's staff!'

Lol

28. Exactly. :D

MadeInBedlam likes this.
  29. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

LOL. No I fuckin did not.

30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

But you're still responsible for the inaccurate and misrepresentative comnment made about this site. Are you going to correct that now, or will you be sticking to your ridiculous and indefensible argument that a 'Lack of a response equals tacit agreement'?