1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Flaming Stars

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Firky, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Firky

Firky The first of the gang Banned

Anyone else like them?

I think they're great:

Hate to do youtube threads so I won't embed it:

/[YT link removed as they're annoying\

Brilliant riffs, gorgeous bit of bass guitar :cool:

2. Firky

IT EMBEDS AUTOFECKINGMATICALLY :mad:

3. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

I've got a couple of their albums - "A walk on the wired side" and "songs from the bar-room floor". Good stripped-down garage rock, but on the rock'n'roll side of things rather than the psychedelic.

4. redsquirrel

redsquirrel This Machine Kills Progressives

Fantastic band, such a shame they don't seem to be active anymore, AFIAK they haven't released anything since Born Under A Bad Neon Sign.

Max Decharne's book about crime flicks, Hardboiled Hollywood, is worth checking out. He's also just released a new book about crime in London which I think will go on my Xmas list.

5. danny la rouge

danny la rouge This is definitely the darkest timeline

Yes, love them. Ages since they've released an album, though. Sunset and Void is my favourite.

6. danny la rouge

7. 19sixtysix

19sixtysix μεθαύριο

Edit it back into a spoiler. I can't remember how to do a spoiler or else it be how I do media as a thread with a couple of videos on each post still upsets my browsers.

8. danny la rouge

I'll try to remember that. I'm guilty of such posts, particularly in this forum, but I do think it's bad manners to forget that others may not have the same connection speed/browser capability/ OS etc., so my apologies.

9. Firky

Yes, probably my favourite too. I love the name 'Born Under a Neon Sign'.

Gallon Drunk are good too but there's something especially good about Flaming Stars.

It still loads within the spoiler it is just hidden :(

I will use the code tag instead.

It's not that it causes any problems it just irritates me as people 1) rarely play them 2) they stifle discussion

10. redsquirrel

redsquirrel This Machine Kills Progressives

Ohh, playing a gig in London on Sunday 28th May

Fingers (everything) crossed that this leads to a proper reformation and a new album

danny la rouge likes this.