THE FINAL! Italy vs Spain

Discussion in 'Euro 2012 championship' started by editor, Jun 29, 2012.

?

Who's going to win Euro 2012?

Poll closed Jul 1, 2012.
  1. Italy, nae bother

32.6%
  2. Spain, all the way

30.2%
  3. Italy after extra time

14.0%
  4. Spain after extra time

7.0%
  5. Italy in the penalty shoot out

4.7%
  6. Spain in the penalty shoot out

2.3%
  7. Wales

9.3%
  1. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Ireland = played very well indeed

France = decent enough performance- as good if not better than most other teams managed on most of their games

As a matter of fact, the very 'worst' performance of Spain in the tournament was not any worse than many of the games played by all the other nations.

Or to put it another way, you tell me which team was more deserving, equally deserving, or even close to being equally deserving of winning the championship.

I know having to put with all the smug comments from the locals over the last few years must be annoying, and you are certainly within your rights to wish Spain the worst. But to suggest they have not played good, no, fucking great football over the last four years and on this tournament is not only completely wrong but a bit silly thing to suggest. IMO. I fear your frustration/ hatred of Spain and Spanish football is clouding your judgment about its merits.

Wilf likes this.
  2. Lo Siento.

Lo Siento. Second As Farce

Meh, deserve? It's a knockout tournament, you only have to play badly once to get knocked out. I mean, I could say that Germany only played badly for about one half in the tournament, and they happened to play a team that took their chances that day.

I see the merits. It's really effective. It completely stops the other team from playing. It doesn't make for much of a spectacle though, does it?

3. Wilf

Wilf Aghast.

4. Lo Siento.

See post 211.

5. Lo Siento.

Put it this way. When was the last time another team managed to play entertaining football AGAINST Spain?

6. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

That's hardly Spains fault, is it?

7. Wilf

Wilf Aghast.

Perhaps they should take turns to have the ball? :confused:

8. Wilf

Wilf Aghast.

Sir, I assure you, that is far from being my most tosserish quality.​

9. Lo Siento.

In as much as playing effectively is what football teams are ultimately supposed to do, no.

10. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

i do hope brazil play spain at some point in the next WC... i think germany wouldve stood a could chance of unpicking spain too