1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The FA CUP 3rd Thread

Discussion in 'football' started by passenger, Jan 7, 2017.

1. hash tag

hash tag sickness. now light

Sorry for Wimbledon, pleased for Sutton and Lincoln.

2. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Pleased for them both too though extra time for Lincoln so they're even more knackered when they play Dover Friday night would have been a bonus!

belboid likes this.
  3. hash tag

Something tells me they are knackered anyway. I bet they raised their game and ran themselves into the ground.
    On a side, back in the day, collecting programmes, Lincoln was one of the hardest to get hold of :cool:

4. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

The Cowleys have them pressing like that a lot of the time AFAICT so sadly I think they'll be in decent nick and on a high.

5. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Great result. The first time we've ever knocked out a team 3 divisions above apparently. And the first time we've reached the fourth round since before I was born. Fantastic.

They're both qualified in sports science - after about 50 managers who've tried to get the team fit by running them into the ground in pre-season they actually know what they're doing. That was a massive effort tonight so we'll see on Friday but I think we'll be OK - and it certainly wasn't just a one-off.

JimW likes this.
  6. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Lincoln City's badge:

[​IMG] :cool:

7. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Famous gargoyle at the cathedral and hence imps IIRC

alsoknownas likes this.
  8. passenger

passenger up and down...

good luck to everyone left in the cup looks like Liverpool are struggling two nil down at home to Wolves

sealion likes this.
  9. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Liverpool have been dire. Costa was superb for Wolves in the first half.

10. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

Worst Liverpool team in living memory :)

mwgdrwg likes this.
  11. passenger

passenger up and down...

Well done Lincoln unlucky Wycombe what an amazing day you got to love the FA Cup

12. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Fucking hell first time in the 5th round since 1887 apparently.:eek:

Hoping for a good draw.

bromley and passenger like this.
  13. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

Gotta feel for Wycombe not even a replay after that performance.

bromley likes this.
  14. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Great performance as was Lincoln Wolves and Oxford. Lets hope Millwall can keep the giant killer momentum going and get in the last 16. Daft kick off time though, gonna be hard for you lot to get the place rocking.

15. sealion

It is a daft time for a sunday. Also gonna piss down plus its on tv and watford fans and team rate zero on the give a fuck chart. The club are charging 25 notes (adults) if you ain't a season ticket holder. That is too steep if you have to bring your kids as well.

BCBlues likes this.
  16. sealion

Indeed. Not so surprised with Lincoln and oxford winning but fair do's to them. Liverpool should have had enough to beat Wolves at home but obviously weren't motivated enough to do so. Some of these smaller clubs will earn enough money to buy a player or clear debts for another year.

BCBlues likes this.
  17. BCBlues

Not good is it, could have done a tenner for adults and fiver for kids or even kids for a quid. I've never understood why clubs don't aim to fill every seat in the house and aim for a bit of revenue in club shops, burger bars etc and get some kind of atmosphere going.

18. newbie

newbie undisambiguated

nice to glimpse the tribute on MoTD for Oxford's Graham Atkinson.

A hero for those few great years. RIP.

William of Walworth and bromley like this.
  19. sealion

Bearing in mind we are trying to save our ground. It would have looked better full.

20. BCBlues

You could have invited all concerned with Renewal and gave them a section of seating to show their faces. That would have livened Sunday lunchtime TV viewing up a bit :D

Puddy_Tat and sealion like this.
  21. sealion

"and now over to motty at the den for some boxing" :D

BCBlues likes this.
  22. Monkeygrinder's Organ

For a team like Lincoln it's even bigger than that. We've paid off the debts that nearly put us out of business a few years ago four or five years early. It should keep the club solvent for a few years at least, even before a possible big draw/televised game in the next round.

BCBlues, sealion and JimW like this.
  23. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Immense effort from Lincoln, hoping for more of the same from Sutton later.

BCBlues and hash tag like this.
  24. sealion

That is great to hear. Who would you like in the next round ?

25. Monkeygrinder's Organ

One of the big teams really. For me as a London based Lincoln fan I'd like Arsenal or Chelsea away.

Or Sutton at home then we might actually get through!

26. sealion

You would get a good allocation of tickets for either of these.

Monkeygrinder's Organ likes this.
  27. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

All going to plan at Gander Green Lane so far, Leeds much changed side though.

28. BCBlues

Excellent stuff. Dirty Leeds knocked out by non league Sutton. Well done Millwall and Fulham too today to add to Lincoln Oxford and Wolves heroics yesterday.
    It's been a great round of FA Cup football and the draw tomorrow for the last 16 is going to be very interesting.
    It's a shame Wycombe ain't in there as they fully deserve to be but Spurs just kept going, that's the FA Cup for ya.
    Brilliant Stuff.

sealion likes this.
  29. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

I went to see Sutton take on Worthing on Tuesday night in the FA Trophy replay. . They made hard work of it. Amazing stuff today.

30. hash tag

Even though they knocked out Wimbledon, was very pleased for Sutton today.
    Did I see pardew in directors box/stands?