The f*cking conference 2019/20

Discussion in 'football' started by Proper Tidy, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy Arsed

Well it'd be the north for us but a matter of time I reckon. Still can't get my head around the National League South and National League North, is it national or nah

Argonia likes this.
  2. chilango

chilango Neither Westminster nor Brussels....

At what point do you call it quits and join the Welsh League?

3. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy Arsed

Never, come on now. I like the WPL, been to hundreds of games, but a Wrexham, Newport, Cardiff, Swansea in there - would just be shit for everybody

Badgers likes this.
  4. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Why are those Welsh teams in the English leagues?

Badgers likes this.
  5. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy Arsed

We got invited by the english FA in 1896 or something after knocking fuck out of the welsh league for a while, think the english were worried about competition from west and thought we were better in the tent pissing out. Modern welsh league is only 30 years old, even welsh FA was a sort of subsidiary of english FA for a long time so bit rich when people bang on about booting us out. Anyway we're the third oldest professional club in the world and invented tactics so suck it up we're staying

Badgers, JimW, agricola and 1 other person like this.
  6. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

Also, strictly speaking "Wales" is everything on this island south of the Antonine Wall - so by rights Welsh sides can play in all leagues and cup competitions in that area.

Badgers and Proper Tidy like this.
  7. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

I've got a soft spot for Jimmy Sirrel, so I hope County's bounce right back up.

Badgers likes this.
  8. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy Arsed

I don't. Let them suffer for a decade plus, clubs shouldn't bounce back up, they should endure the misery

Badgers and imposs1904 like this.
  9. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Spoken like a true supporter who has endured the lower leagues :D

Badgers and Proper Tidy like this.