The f*cking conference 2019/20

Discussion in 'football' started by Proper Tidy, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy Arsed

Well it'd be the north for us but a matter of time I reckon. Still can't get my head around the National League South and National League North, is it national or nah

SpookyFrank and Argonia like this.
  2. chilango

chilango Neither Westminster nor Brussels....

At what point do you call it quits and join the Welsh League?

3. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy Arsed

Never, come on now. I like the WPL, been to hundreds of games, but a Wrexham, Newport, Cardiff, Swansea in there - would just be shit for everybody

Badgers likes this.
  4. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Why are those Welsh teams in the English leagues?

Badgers likes this.
  5. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy Arsed

We got invited by the english FA in 1896 or something after knocking fuck out of the welsh league for a while, think the english were worried about competition from west and thought we were better in the tent pissing out. Modern welsh league is only 30 years old, even welsh FA was a sort of subsidiary of english FA for a long time so bit rich when people bang on about booting us out. Anyway we're the third oldest professional club in the world and invented tactics so suck it up we're staying

Badgers, JimW, agricola and 1 other person like this.
  6. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

Also, strictly speaking "Wales" is everything on this island south of the Antonine Wall - so by rights Welsh sides can play in all leagues and cup competitions in that area.

Badgers and Proper Tidy like this.
  7. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

I've got a soft spot for Jimmy Sirrel, so I hope County's bounce right back up.

Badgers likes this.
  8. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy Arsed

I don't. Let them suffer for a decade plus, clubs shouldn't bounce back up, they should endure the misery

Badgers and imposs1904 like this.
  9. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Spoken like a true supporter who has endured the lower leagues :D

Badgers and Proper Tidy like this.
  10. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy Arsed

Drawn one lost one won one. Hello my friend.

11. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Four wins out of five. Fucking beautiful, and my goal for this season was just to avoid relegation.

Proper Tidy likes this.
  12. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy Arsed

2-2-1 for us, football is art apparently, fucking kafka's trial for us

Argonia likes this.
  13. steeplejack

steeplejack Reluctant Hardliner

I was at Hartlepool-Bromley this weekend (don’t ask). Exciting game. Hartlepool great going forward, Gimi Toure a real old-fashioned maverick. Hartlepool however are comically bad at the back. Bromley therefore win by showing all the attributes of successful sides at this level; lung power, physicality, sit deep and hit on the break, gamesmanship. Awful to watch / play against

The39thStep and Proper Tidy like this.
  14. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Top of the league!

15. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy Arsed

I'd be happy for the plucky underdog coming straight up and pissing the national with part timers if Woking maintain this but also really fucking miserable. You won't anyway though. It's all new and fresh and that innocent momentum is keeping you going, but this division will have you, it will make you all mediocre in the mind, every player every fan. Sorry

16. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Well I don't really expect it to last, as I said before my goal is just to avoid relegation. But beating Solihull Moors yesterday was fucking enjoyable.

Proper Tidy likes this.
  17. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy Arsed

Sorry I'm just a miserable fucker. You're doing well, 15 points from 18, no danger of you going down, there is some absolute dogshit in this league. It's just something about this specific division that squeezes every bit of fun and hope out is all, I think it's the only one up automatically

Argonia likes this.
  18. Tacit Apathy

Tacit Apathy I Guess...

A man of culture as well! Up the Cards. Was lucky enough to see their 3-3 match against Torquay in April, such a good game of football. Hoping for big things this year.

Argonia likes this.
  19. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy Arsed

Another win for woking, flying. On other hand we're shit, another season of treading water, another shit manager on an inexplicably long contract when we only ever take players on one year deals. Fucks sake

Argonia likes this.