Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Edie LOVES pop thread!

ska invita

back on the other side
Not sure if it's pop, but this will stay in your head forever:
I want to sing along but I don't know any Finnish so I just sort of enthusiastically nod my head like a dog
:D
R Kelly to Loituma - I think thats whats called joining the dots! Definitely a connection there ;)

oryx

Sitting on the bock of the day
Some jangly stuff from the jangly era by one of the most underrated bands of all time IMVHO:

a_chap

When the world came apart, where were you?
Sorry if this is a repeat but got to be one of the best pop songs of recent years:

The first time I ever saw that video I was out of my tiny mind of certain substances. Which meant it left quite an impression on me...

The Groke

hot hail/Paging Dr. Beat
Discovered this lurking in my iTunes library today and cranked the fuck out of it. What a great tune.

Can a pop song be a 6 minute 2-parter? Yeah why not.

rutabowa

LOSE IT
hello. this is my first time on this thread. i was recommended it from elsewhere on the board as an appropriate place to post this video, which has a strangely emotional effect on me. it is oprah winfrey organising a flashmob with the black eyed peas.

hipipol

Peckham Wry
Banned by ALL radio stations, still a biggie (phnaar, phnaar!!)

Tried to take Garage, Speed or UK, you select, to Ibiza back in 98, Trance wankers never got it, BUT big pop stuff here

ska invita

back on the other side
Aaliyahs birthday today....had this one in my head recently

(though this is more appropriate for a birthday)

Mrs Magpie

On a bit of break...
Sorry, after I dragged it back to the 70s. I only posted it because my son whistled the refrain and asked what it was called, so I found it on youtube and the next thing we were dancing round the kitchen with the cat :oops:

Johnny Vodka

The Abominable Scotsman
I was reminded today that I wanted to d/l this:

I think the production saves it from being a bit too Whitney-ish. :hmm: :D

((Edie)) wherever she is.

billy_bob

contents may have settled during transit
Haway spawnofsatan I know it's a long thread but that one's further up the same page!

This may also be a duplicate - it popped into my head in the shower today. Which is probably the only acceptable place to be caught singing it.

I find it hard to believe that the people who later gave Paul King a job as an MTV presenter had ever seen this war crime of a video....