The eagle`s nest 2018-2019

Discussion in 'football' started by passenger, Jul 20, 2018.

1. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Surprised Hennessy played, but he had a good one. Certainly kept us in it.

Maggot likes this.
  2. passenger

passenger up and down...

Great result really thought today would end with a draw at best
    thought Wan Bissaka ,Wayne and Zaha looked good, early days
    but think we are due a good progressive season.

3. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

First goal to be shown on MOTD this season? Schlupp with the killer touch :thumbs:.

[​IMG]

Maggot likes this.
  4. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

5. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

6. sealion

sealion Splish splash splosh

7. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Maggot likes this.
  8. sealion

A very rare picture of Wilf on his feet! Do you have it framed on your mantlepiece?

9. sealion

10. sealion

11. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Back row, second from right, blonde hair is Stewart jump, who I'm still in touch with.
    The bloke at the back left is big mal, who Stewart recently told me was a superb coach (check his palace record). In front of him is venebles. Hinshelwood, Hilarie, Taylor, Johnson also in there....im at work at the moment... Rogers And Taylor in there also. Great side. :thumbs:

12. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Slightly before my time, but I can spot 2 future managers in there! Not Hilaire I don't think.

13. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Going back a few years, to the era of the picture, Palace played away at Sunderland. Bit of a grudge (though I have a soft spot for Sunderland supporters), big Mal said he would silence the "Roker roar". Stewart left me two comps on the door and off I went with a mate on the first of five special trains, we must have left town by about 7! The train broke down somewhere near Doncaster I believe. While stuck somewhere, we saw all the other trains go past us and started to listen to the match on someones radio. How, I don't know, but our train was pushed or towed the rest of the way and we arrived at half time. Fortunately, i found someone in the office and got the tickets.
    It was still 0-0. !0 minutes or so in, Hammond rolls the ball to Whittle. Whittle flies down the right wing ( I Think), crosses to Spud (Taylor)in the middle, bang, one nil and that was the final score. A superb goal. Mal later commented that they saved the goal for those of us that arrived at half time.

Front middle, was Ian Evans Palace and Wales captain. had his career finished when Best broke his leg. Youve got Derek jefferies, looking suitably cheeky, standing next to Mal, next to him jeff Johnson and there is Peter Johnson on the front.

Would you like any of the players wives/girlfriends parents names as well? ;)

sealion, alsoknownas and Maggot like this.
  14. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

PS. "One or two" of them regularly used to drink in the Woodman, south Croydon.
    one or two of them got a serious amount of grief when pictures appeared in the national Press sharing a bath with one of mals girlfriends, a certain (and very naked) Fiona Richmond. :eek:

15. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

[​IMG]

When do I get my prize?

16. sealion

Venables bottom left?

17. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

I think it's be a Venables bottom left. I'm sure he was mentored by mal. Looking at it again, it could be paddy Mulligan but it's too late for him?

18. sealion

Next admin, 2020 i reckon.

19. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

I thought it was Jerry Murphy, but I'm probably wrong.

20. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Deffo Venables. Looks like he's just ripped someone off for a few knicker by the look of the grin.

Maggot likes this.
  21. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

I had to check, but no. JM started out under venables.

sealion likes this.
  22. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

It doesn't look like Hilaire, but I don't think we had any black players before him.

23. sealion

My old man worked and drank with Jerrys dad, he had big expectations for his boy but it never realy happened. I think the kickings flair players took back then took it's toll, he never realy got a chance at Chelsea and ended up in non league, great player to watch mind!

24. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Quite a few before Vince, apparently.

eta: although Ricky Heppolette, who seems to get mentioned a bit, was actually Indian according to Wiki.

Maggot likes this.
  25. sealion

Tony Collins came from watford

26. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Yep, Collins is who I was thinking of. Actually not many others, it seems.

27. sealion

He played for Torquay against palace in 1957
    [​IMG]

passenger likes this.
  28. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

The timeline fits for Vince. Next to jumpy, it looks like mel blyth? Goalkeeper, Paul Hammond, but not sure.

29. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Mel Blythe fits the timeline also. I thought he started out under Bert head?

30. sealion

Jim Cannon bottom middle?