The eagle`s nest 2018-2019

Discussion in 'football' started by passenger, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Look what you did :mad:

Maggot and BCBlues like this.
  2. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

I've been following her since she's had only 1000 followers... Won't be long until one of the broadcasters snaps her up. She's brilliant.

Badgers and alsoknownas like this.
  3. hash tag

hash tag never too old

Come on Palace

Badgers likes this.
  4. hash tag

hash tag never too old

Bugger...then schlupp misses a sitter :(:facepalm:

5. hash tag

hash tag never too old

tommers likes this.
  6. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

I'm confused here. Why you blaming someone else's fans? Just admit it, everyone has a thuggish racist element in their support base, including Palace.

tommers likes this.
  7. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

8. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

If Chelsea get a transfer ban does that effect outgoings? Would it screw up any potential deal for Batyshui on a permanent?
    I'm quite liking what I'm seeing so far. Skillful, with a finish, yet flawed enough that he could realistically fall to us. Likely to be overpriced though.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    co-op and Badgers like this.
  9. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

The ban doesn't stop us selling players so yep Batyshui is there for the taking.
    We can actually still sign players we just can't register them.

We'll be affected more by the plan to reduce the amount of players you can have out on loan, that might work in your favour.

Two good away wins, 7 goals, Roy's doing a good job.

alsoknownas likes this.
  10. hash tag

hash tag never too old

9 games to go, 8 points clear of the drop with 33 points in the bag...at what point do we think we are safe?
    The link I posted about Roy is great, no wonder he is doing a good job :thumbs:

11. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

I'm looking upwards now. Think we're better than our current position. Don't want to take too much for granted, but I can't see us going down this season.

12. co-op

co-op Free the rhubarb crumble!

That's been the case the whole season though? (ie something's not working). Although sticking a decent mobile striker up front does seem to have catalysed everything so maybe it was just that.

alsoknownas likes this.
  13. hash tag

hash tag never too old

Bit of a match today. Revenge would be sweet.

14. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Americans might be selling their stake (which is technically a majority holding). That's a bit nervy really - could end up going either way.

15. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

FFS Murray!

passenger likes this.
  16. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

#hodgsonout

17. hash tag

hash tag never too old

No, not Woy. :(

18. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

(Source: Croydon Advertiser)

Palace for Life Foundation’s Elite Player Development Centre member, 13-year old Damary Dawkins, lost his fight against acute lymphoblastic leukaemia exactly a week ago.

Manchester City striker, Raheem Sterling, who had publicised the campaign to find a bone marrow donor for him, paid tribute to The Late Damary after his second goal against the Czech Republic on Friday.

[​IMG]

(Source: Twitter)

19. Maggot

A lovely gesture from Sterling, but I wonder why he didn't do it after his first goal?

20. hash tag

hash tag never too old

Is that not a sending off offence?

21. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

No, not even bookable, but subject to sanction by the tournament organisers post match, and supposedly required to be acted upon regardless of the message or image.

hash tag likes this.
  22. GarveyLives

I suspect that young Sterling had sufficient confidence in his own ability to realise that he would get a further opportunity to pay tribute to the child when he scored again.

Evidently not - but we will see on Saturday when Crystal Palace's own players get their opportunity to pay tribute to the child who has lost his life.

Badgers likes this.
  23. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Bumped into Ray Lewington today walking along the sea front in Essex. Shook his hand and gave him a bit of encouragement, which he seemed very grateful for. Always seems a class act to me.

Badgers, bromley, zora and 1 other person like this.
  24. hash tag

hash tag never too old

A significant, if not convincing result today.

passenger, Maggot and Badgers like this.
  25. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

Another season in the prem it looks like ! As good as it is being in the top league, i've not enjoyed this season. Atmosphere is pretty dull, soo many tourists.

26. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

*dull by selhurst standards, we still reck most clubs! :D

Badgers likes this.
  27. Maggot

We made hard work of that. Didn't look convincing for most of the game and missed some good chances.

Sympathies to Huddersfield.

28. Maggot

Lovely gesture from the Palace fans today. In the 13th minute we stood and applauded as a tribute to Damary Dawkins. His family were there.

Dan U and passenger like this.
  29. GarveyLives

A most fitting tribute.

hash tag and ffsear like this.
  30. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Was quite fitting that the minutes applause seemed to really stir the team into action. Shame Andros didn't quite manage to cap it with a goal.