The dog thread is better than the cat thread, because it features dogs.

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Maurice Picarda, Oct 23, 2013.

1. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

It's Monty.

#2 has chosen it as we had reached stalemate, all sides are happy with it, and it's even possible that at some stage in the future he will respond to it.

Mostly we've been playing in the garden, chewing my trousers and wellies, and sleeping.

Tipsy the Springer has been ignoring him (standard stuff from her - she views people, let alone dogs, as beneath her..), while Tango the Lab has been interested, but not overpowering.

2. LynnDoyleCooper

LynnDoyleCooper Up against the wall motherfucker.

Good name, but a shame you missed the chance to call the new one Down as it gives you the chance to walk about shouting "Tango Down!" when him and t'other run off/misbehave.

PippinTook and kebabking like this.
  3. kebabking

:D

Mostly we've be going with 'Tango, you thick cunt...'. lovely lad, but bless him, he's not the sharpest knife in the draw.

PippinTook likes this.
  4. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

If he shits by the front door, you can safely say you have a Monty Hall Problem.

Which also raises the question of who’s on the other side, and how many doors they’re about to choose from.

fishfinger, kebabking and PippinTook like this.
  5. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

Monty is a lovely name for him kebabking

kebabking likes this.
  6. mrs quoad

With the benefit of hindsight, I should’ve realised that Biscuit wasn’t leaving my much-loved Loganberry alone for some mysterious and magical reason. Rather, she was leaving the best til last. Four of five nurtured and trained stems chewed through, the dickhead!

7. Archimage

Archimage Kat Knapper

Alice's first snow! She loves snow.

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3952.jpg

8. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

Dog has started hiding and burying stuff. At first I thought it was an accident, when I found a pebble in her bedding. But now I've seen her digging holes and wrapping her rawhide chew bones in stuff.

Me76, izz, kebabking and 1 other person like this.
  9. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Is there anyone/anything around who would steal or even threaten to steal said chews.
    perhaps the mutt is saving them for Ron :D

10. Saffy

Saffy Under the duvet..

11. mrs quoad

This morning’s not-untypical message chain.

94AE9ECE-065E-438F-AB36-A259F22DF886.jpeg

(((((Mrs quoad’s relatives)))))

12. mrs quoad

Sleeping on the floor is too isolating, apparently. So she’s now got her own chair.

CF83A793-BA18-47C6-B4DF-9AD001A3A05D.jpeg 4451BAD6-2F67-4212-9C8D-D19958F6BC39.jpeg 44B5C0F9-8895-4B61-882E-B8523F8AA9E1.jpeg

Edit: it snores.

A04533B7-7E3F-4D8C-AEA1-26DA00A1B54B.jpeg

13. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

.... with dibs on a second chair for expansion. Last pic melts my heart.

14. mrs quoad

Shortly thereafter, Anschluss.

IMG_5346.JPG IMG_5343.jpg IMG_5342.jpg IMG_5345.jpg

(She's looking up, because I'm trying to make a coffee over her head. And my espresso machine was gurgling at her.)

15. mrs quoad

Oh, I should add, the 'second chair' was where I was working.

Was working.

The floor's too lonely for dogs, apparently.

(I feel a bit sad that, when I go out, Biscuit will mostly be contained in the kitchen whilst t'wife stays in the sitting room. Dogs are social animals, dammit!)

16. kebabking

It being a social animal...
    IMG_20180308_134241.jpg

Not gone back to work yet - #3 (3) has got some nasty, horrible lurgy, so I'm staying at home this week. In truth, having a new puppy and a fractious, unhappy 3yo has not been a fantastic combination, I can't give either the attention they need, and there have been some failures...

Attached Files:

17. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Seagulls are cunts

Ruby getting the wind in her ears on the beach :)
    20180308_145437.jpg

18. iona

iona toxic clown

My "social animal" -
    [​IMG]

19. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

There was an archiologist on the radio only this afternoon, her name was Jones. She has called her dog indiniana

Saffy and kebabking like this.
  20. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Dp

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  21. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

22. mrs quoad

23. hegley

hegley new and improved 2.3

Aww. She's beginning to look more doggo than pupper already. They grow up too fast. :(

24. mrs quoad

A new dog has joined puppy training classes.

The other two are biscuit’s size.

The new addition is like a blank, cute teacup.

It’s quite a surprise to see the contrast between pups who are only really weeks apart.

Me76 and PippinTook like this.
  25. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Baroudeur...

We may know him as Monty, but he refers to himself as Hrothgar, Theign of Mercia.

26. Epona

Epona I am Hououin Kyouma

Some lovely photos on here!

Nate has been talking about getting a dog for a while now - dude our vet bill for 1 of our cats is at 6k and you're moaning about it, now is not the time for a dog. Also you work 50 hours a week, so I would be doing the majority of the care, walks, feeding etc - for you to have something nice to come home to after work (which I thought was my role tbh). And you'd probably moan if it preferred me because I spent more time with it!

I'd love to have a dog at some point, but now is not the right time or circumstance.

iona, kebabking and PippinTook like this.
  27. kebabking

He has taken the name of Montgomery Two Poos.

This is because of his habit of doing two separate turds about 40 seconds apart.

Though I like Hrothgar...

Me76, Sprocket. and trabuquera like this.
  28. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

ours, too.
    She sometimes even gets up, turns to face poo #1, and then continues to lay her 2nd dog egg facing it

sheothebudworths and kebabking like this.
  29. mrs quoad

1B2F84E6-C6B3-4A51-8B3F-811E41A7106E.jpeg

^^^ the story of those two!

Biscuit is bewildered, submissive, and playful.

Nigel loathes Biscuit as a fat and stinky intruder to her kitchen domain, and doesn’t understand dog body language.

So Nigel slaps biscuit through the stair gate, regularly. Whilst biscuit wonders wtf is going on with the small angry dog, whilst repeatedly trying to make friends. (Thereby receiving more slaps.)

30. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

This almost entirely encompasses the relationship between Mash and Scarlet in my house :D

mrs quoad likes this.