1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The dog thread is better than the cat thread, because it features dogs.

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Maurice Picarda, Oct 23, 2013.

1. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

If you are calling your dog rolf, you might as well go all the way and call him Gary Glitter.

2. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

:D

3. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

Yeah, I thought that.

We could go for Adolf. Adolf yer bastard, get ere now!

PippinTook and joustmaster like this.
  4. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Elephants think I’m cute #brap

Actual fucksakes.

Dog pisses on floor constantly atm.

Dog eats puppy pads as soon as set down.

Bit of a problem without an obvious solution!

5. kebabking

Vet.

Right the fuck now.

izz and PippinTook like this.
  6. mrs quoad

Vet already today! Hence puppy pads.

First dose of loxicam in her, more to follow!

izz and PippinTook like this.
  7. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

Gaffer tape to hold the pads down

Or you can get a proper rubber/plastic mount for them

PippinTook and mrs quoad like this.
  8. mrs quoad

They are sticky.

She starts by eating the middle.

And works towards the edges.

9. Calamity1971

Calamity1971 If Mr Peanut says It's okay, then it is.

What did the vet diagnose her with mrs quoad?

10. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

impressive!

farmerbarleymow and kebabking like this.
  11. kebabking

Newspaper?

I'd rather my dog ate newspaper than pads...

12. mrs quoad

Inflamed bladder. Not necessarily an infection. We have a pot that somehow we’re meant to get some biscuit piss into.

13. mrs quoad

This is the same dog who refused her breakfast this morning.

(But who later ate her own over eaten sick.)

14. mrs quoad

As an aside, she’s put on 1.8kg in 10 days.

She’s only been fed 260g / day, about 2.6kg over that time!

15. Calamity1971

Sounds more like cystitis mrs quoad. Had the same with my dog. I had to do the pot of piss with her, managed easily outside of the vets as she wanted to leave her piss on the doggy twitter feed just outside the door. Is there anywhere you can take her thats a dog walking hot-spot. One to hold the lead and one to collect the sample.

izz and mrs quoad like this.
  16. mrs quoad

The wife will not help out here!

The vet suggested a ladle.

#unlikelyifthewifehasanysay

PippinTook likes this.
  17. Calamity1971

Ladle sounds like a good idea. Good luck.

18. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

:(

:D

:D:D

Chemical needs and kebabking like this.
  19. izz

izz life's too short to be normal

Although I sympathise with the MrsMrsQuoad mrs quoad, living with any animal means becoming comfortable with piss, shit, puke, blood, pus and possibly with rodents, birds and bats in varying states of consciousness and 'remains' thereof. Sometimes maggots.

Gosh the fun we've had.

e2a also slow worms alive and not.

20. trashpony

trashpony Never knowingly underawed

Don't use puppy pads - they just confuse dogs because they need to learn that inside = wrong and outside = good. Distinguishing between different surfaces is a braincell too far (although now if my dog gets caught short for whatever reason, he goes in the wet room).

I like Schnitzel. I need a name for the puppy that goes with Weegie and that could work :thumbs:

21. High Voltage

High Voltage Bring on t'dancing girls & put t'champagne on ice

ticks. don't forget ticks

22. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow daft apeth

kebabking and trashpony like this.
  23. Saffy

Saffy Under the duvet..

mrs quoad with using a lead just make sure you don't reward pulling on the lead by keeping walking.
    I know it's a pain but if you stop everytime she pulls and only walk again when the lead is slack it will save you trouble in the long run.

S☼I and kebabking like this.
  24. mrs quoad

She’s got cystitis. She needs to wee about every half hour. Perhaps every hour. She can try five times in the space of two minutes.

When she was in her crate overnight, I woke up to find her entire bed drenched in piss.

We’ve got a couple of choices - I get up every half hour, and let her out. (This is arguably doable).

Or we try and leave her crate door open with an available puppy pad.

She’s pissed indoors about ten times already today. Sometimes, droplets. Often, seconds after coming in. Often, within centimetres of us.

This isn’t usual.

She’s a bit desperate, and in some pain and discomfort.

It’s not like we’re gunning for puppy pads. I’m not sure what the humane alternatives are right now, though.

Not letting her piss could - IMU - exacerbate her problems and, tbh, getting up every half hour could make me want to kill people.

Then again, she’s currently eating a fifth puppy pad. This one, gaffered down.

So perhaps we just don’t have a solution, apart from 400% insomnia.

Sigh.

kebabking and PippinTook like this.
  25. Edward Kelly

Edward Kelly Well-Known Member

mrs quoad When I first got my dog she was an unwanted dog taken to a rescue place, then a foster home, then I got her off Craigs list.
    Anyway, she was just used to going whenever, where ever so I checked the net and all the info I found on the net was much the same...
    Take the dog outside the same time everyday and tell her to go to the toilet until she goes, do the "good doggy" thing and take her straight back inside...It took Bonnie no more than a week, now she knows what to do and does it almost instantly (I only have to tell her once) ...she had absolutely no idea before that, I use a lead of course, but she wasn't old and not trained at all.
    Just be consistent and try and make sure the dog understands what you want.
    No worries...She hasn't shit or pissed in my bed for ages :thumbs:

ETA sorry hadn't read your last post so my post may not apply

rubbershoes and PippinTook like this.
  26. mrs quoad

It doesn’t, dude. I appreciate your reply, but this is irrelevant to our situation.

We have been working rayt hard on toilet training. This is an actual sick dog, and her being actually unwell is making us reconsider how we currently (not into the future) help her to avoid sleeping in a locked crate on a bed soaked in piss, whilst simultaneously (and ideally - I don’t really mind having to mop the whole kitchen come morning, but ay) avoiding piss appearing absolutely everywhere in the kitchen.

The bugger with cystitis is that not weeing can make things worse. So tonight, she’s had water til gone ten. Because throughflow is good for cystitis. But that makes it inevitable that she’ll need to wee, which increases the potential harms of not letting her do so.

There are workarounds to this. But I don’t think any of them are straightforward, and I don’t (given her illness) think that they’re cleanly / easily about training - even if it’s notionally possible to train a dog out of cystitis, I don’t think that’s what I want to do.

Edward Kelly likes this.
  27. Edward Kelly

Edward Kelly Well-Known Member

Poor little dog probably feels a bit uncomfortable about the whole thing as well and it's something I've had no experience in. Hope everything settles down though...I'm off to google about cystitis in puppies..
    ...and the 'like' obviously wasn't for the situation but clearing things up and Reply...I'd done it before I realised.

28. Calamity1971

Poor bugger will be feeling worse than uncomfortable. Ask any woman on here who has had cystitis, it's like pissing fire. When my pets have had it they were given an antibiotic injection. I would give your vet a call in the morning mrs quoad and get her back in. Not that this helps with tonights long slog :(.

29. mrs quoad

That’s not likely to be helpful if I don’t have a sample.

Not that I’m not trying.

6BE72C99-DF0B-4577-8D66-911CEDA79ACD.jpeg 7DD30D4D-3288-4071-B168-8EE34FD02D65.jpeg

#spotthedrop

30. mrs quoad

In other news, Biscuit has spontaneously developed an irrational hatred of ladles.

Celyn, quiet guy, trabuquera and 3 others like this.