The dog thread is better than the cat thread, because it features dogs.

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Maurice Picarda, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Baroudeur...

Dark urine is a sign of dehydration, but if he is drinking plenty he may have a bladder infection or kidney problem.
    Check his gums, if they are yellow rather than pink it is worth getting him a checkup. I would expect blood tests at least.

2. iona

iona toxic clown

Yeah, this was my thinking but I don't *know* he's dehydrated and I didn't want to waste the vet's time with a minor stomach upset :facepalm:

Will get him checked, cheers for the reassurance that I'm not being ridiculous :thumbs:

Sprocket. and Lazy Llama like this.
  3. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Baroudeur...

He is at an age when these problems become more common, he may just be suffering a stomach bug, but if possible it is worth a trip to the vet. At least you know what is happening then, rather than worrying over internet analysis.

4. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Suburban robots that monitor reality

Oscar's also been under the weather for a few days - diarrhea, lethargic, evil farts (okay, so the latter isn't that unusual). This morning he was eating lots of grass when we were out for a walk and he refused one of his favourite biscuits so we've booked him in for the vet this afternoon. He's lying around looking miserable and truly sorry for himself.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  5. iona

iona toxic clown

We have an appointment at half one.

He had a big drink of water while I was on the phone to the vet and he's just eaten some food :mad::facepalm:

6. Lazy Llama

Well that's good news, but still worth getting him checked.

izz, PippinTook and a_chap like this.
  7. iona

iona toxic clown

Yeah going to.

Hope Oscar is OK too.

Lazy Llama likes this.
  8. Lazy Llama

Thanks, he’s perked up a little. Had some chicken and rice and then one of his biscuits. Still grumpy though.

9. iona

iona toxic clown

He's been given ranitidine and an antibiotic to start tomorrow when the injections wear off. No food 'til tonight or tomorrow morning, then plain rice and chicken or white fish.

Vet couldn't feel anything wrong in his stomach but he has an enlarged prostate - that could an infection, a cyst, cancer or just old age. We're to come back next week to see how he is and they'll think about doing a scan if it's needed.

10. Lazy Llama

Oscar had the indignity of having some seeds and grass pulled out of his arse.
    He was stoical.
    No idea where the seeds came from, looked a bit like chilli seeds or something similar.

He's got some probiotics and is only allowed the gastro-intestinal food for a few days. Fortunately he really likes that, much more so than the Fish4Dogs stuff we'd been giving him for his skin condition.

izz and Shirl like this.
  11. BoatieBird

BoatieBird Well-Known Member

(((Oscar))) and (((Giz)))
    Hope they both feel better soon x

PippinTook, Lazy Llama and iona like this.
  12. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Seagulls are cunts

Get well soon poorly pooches :)

iona and Lazy Llama like this.
  13. trashpony

trashpony Ovaries and tings

Hope the sickly pups get better soon!

campanula - I have a dog who's scared of everything and we're doing the CARE protocol which is slow going (not least because his triggers are widespread and I'm still learning) but he's better than he was. Care for Reactive Dogs

iona, campanula, Saffy and 1 other person like this.
  14. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

We’re beginning to run out of space. 8C028290-1A7C-43B4-B11F-008B0D99B9B8.jpeg E96AA469-390D-4A17-BE96-51B078991345.jpeg 43C0620A-B5FD-47A2-9B37-4AD2BAE68293.jpeg 4B5A7E19-895C-413C-ACBC-3D21F1D75578.jpeg C9CDC210-BCD5-4FB1-A32F-EADC6C62BC4F.jpeg

15. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Seagulls are cunts

Awww :) She's such a cutie :thumbs:

mrs quoad and PippinTook like this.
  16. mrs quoad

I’ve realised that when she’s offering me her belly, she’s being submissive. And would prefer me to back off. Which is a bit sad!

Sorry, Biscuit!

Edit: oh. I’ve reviewed belly rub videos until last week. Nope. Those are not submissive!

Interesting :hmm:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    PippinTook likes this.
  17. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

18. mrs quoad

there’s enough dead rotting bird corpses back there to keep her delayed by st least half a minute of capture time :thumbs:

Their wings poke through underneath, and were historically eaten by Nigel.

kebabking and PippinTook like this.
  19. mrs quoad

First walk :thumbs:

She was impressed!

Trying to use a lead was a catastrophe (despite preparatory work). Taking it off, she was a ledg.

06CF70ED-5C1D-4F4C-A226-BB01B5F0E9F8.jpeg 7E89C0B3-A141-4998-9DE8-00AADDBE2AA3.jpeg

20. mrs quoad

Is dog eats holly. Unsuccessfully.

DFE5A084-7B65-4ECE-8F87-C4107B7A0B0A.jpeg FAF34BB2-D4C0-41E7-9A05-1D00FA9D9069.jpeg C10282AB-6C84-4504-84FB-DED0DFB1B4EC.jpeg E9F117DD-E1DC-4750-BD1D-504A334C9B11.jpeg 28609A9C-7C34-4930-9D47-B462E98F7B61.jpeg A9323532-5A19-46D4-8EC2-CC753F1F5D7A.jpeg

21. mrs quoad

22. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

:)

Good, thanks!

Just had her 2nd vaccination, yesterday. She got delayed by two weeks as our vet couldn't match the brand of drugs that the breeder's vet used. So had to start a new course.

Looking forward to getting her out and meeting other dogs next week. Although lead training is disastrous at the moment.

She has learnt a few things. She can fetch, sit, come when called, and knows commands about going to the garden and having her tea.
    As long as it suits her.

She is sleeping through the night pretty much each night, now. But she still has a training mat stuck down in the kitchen, which she only uses in the night. I think it's because she is still pretty small, and therefore, small bladdered.
    She has only done two poos in the house since we got her. Which is pretty cool.

Her favourite place to be is on my shoulder or chest. She is there right now. Snoring and nuzzling.
    She is also a big fan of the carpet in the living room. She has spent most of her time on the slippery wood floors. So the grippy carpet is amazing to her.

She really goes mad for the smell of espresso. I dare not let her try it though.

23. PippinTook

PippinTook Happy

sheothebudworths, mrs quoad and Saffy like this.
  24. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

25. kebabking

IMG_20180204_154009.jpg

The next new arrival as chez Kebabking. He's 5 weeks old and he comes home in a month. Half black Labrador, and half German Wirehaired Pointer.

Yeah, he's a bit cute...

Sweet FA, Rebelda, Sprocket. and 18 others like this.
  26. BoatieBird

Yay! More dogs :cool:
    He's very cute.
    I am being hounded by the menfolk atm to get another dog, this thread isn't helping

27. kebabking

Sensible policies for a happier Britain.

PippinTook and BoatieBird like this.
  28. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

Ace face

PippinTook and kebabking like this.
  29. Saffy

Saffy Under the duvet..

BoatieBird this is our house too.
    I wish I could give up work and have lots of dogs.

kebabking, PippinTook and BoatieBird like this.
  30. BoatieBird

It's the work thing that stops me tbh.
    I work p/t and I know Dub is OK to be left while I'm out, but I don't know how a new dog would fit into that :-/

Saffy and PippinTook like this.