1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The dog thread is better than the cat thread, because it features dogs.

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Maurice Picarda, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Put your fuckin’ hands in the air!!!

2D638CCC-A6D4-4D6F-8694-6B9216590B26.jpeg

Rebelda, kebabking, Manter and 18 others like this.
  2. trashpony

trashpony Never knowingly underawed

Dog disguised as cock n balls [​IMG]

Rebelda, Manter, Spymaster and 17 others like this.
  3. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

Been to the vets for injections and stuff today. She was fine. Dog don't care.
    The only bit she didn't like was the cold on the 5 minute carry to the vets.

The sleeping arrangement is still going well, now. Bed at 10 or 11. She has one wee in the night on her pad, and goes out for a poo at about 6.30 when the Mrs gets up. She has pretty much stopped crying at night, other than the occasional 2 mins of yaps (probably when a cat or fox walks past the kitchen door.)

This tip:
    Was brilliant. She still has the occasional chew at the radiator. But it's really made a difference.

Here she is helping in the garden:
    upload_2018-1-19_11-42-23.png
    upload_2018-1-19_11-43-7.png

4. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

5. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

6. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Elephants think I’m cute #brap

63E0CB46-FB2B-48FB-95D4-C6FABDC565C5.jpeg

Dogs are fucking great.

I actually can’t believe I waited 38 years for this!

7. mrs quoad

i am glad we have a girl, tho.

I just wouldn’t want to use Biscuit as a pillow if it meant her dogcock rubbing against my ear.

Bellyrubs feel somehow cleaner, too.

:hmm:

8. trashpony

trashpony Never knowingly underawed

Yeah the cock thing can be a bit disturbing. He looks much nicer without his balls too :oops:

9. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

awwwww lookit lookit the effect that gravity has on her jowls :D Brilliant Biscuit

trashpony likes this.
  10. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Pretty much as you’d imagine

Oscar was attacked in the park on Tuesday at around 9pm. A huge mastiff was off her lead and decided to really have a go at him after they sniffed each other. I managed to get her off him by grabbing her by the back legs and dragging her off. The owner was 20m away and didn't even attempt to control their dog.

We didn't think she had broken his skin, though he was covered in slobber, but when we got home we found a small puncture under his eye. Washed with Hibiscrub followed by a short visit to the vet the next day. No lasting damage done, though he was grumpy for a couple of days.

On a happier note, this is Oscar viciously attacking me at lunchtime (okay, so he was just yawning).
    IMG_8353.jpg

Spymaster, Celyn, Signal 11 and 7 others like this.
  11. Saffy

Saffy Under the duvet..

Poor Oscar! :(

Lazy Llama likes this.
  12. twentythreedom

twentythreedom don't wanna get me vex, don't step on my creps

Makes me angry :mad: Fucking irresponsible owners

Poor old Oscar :( Get well soon :thumbs:

Spymaster and Lazy Llama like this.
  13. BoatieBird

BoatieBird Well-Known Member

Poor Oscar :(
    I hope it doesn't knock his confidence, he seems to be settling in so well.

mrs quoad and Lazy Llama like this.
  14. a_chap

a_chap A closed mouth gathers no feet

(((Oscar)))

Lazy Llama likes this.
  15. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

That was liked for yawning picture, not the attack.

Apart from working full time and not having a big enough house, other irresponsible owners is a thing that puts me off getting a dog actually.

Sprocket. and Lazy Llama like this.
  16. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Chose to Play the Fool...

3315CE5E-E3BC-4DB6-ADB4-9D943BD7EA08.jpeg
    Olli is 12 this year, he is such an outstanding dog. Very well behaved and gentle, he is pretty vocal when he needs to be.
    He never really comes up for a fuss, but the last two weeks he has not been very well.
    We worry about him but the vet says it’s his age. This is the first time for ages that he has come and lay on the sofa by my side. It was a nice twenty minutes, before he decided to go and bark at the recycling crew.

17. Sprocket.

CCBE5AC2-8B71-41F2-9CF4-C24F85D27D24.jpeg
    Barni just assumes his regular spot on the back of the sofa!

18. a_chap

(((Olli)))

Sprocket. likes this.
  19. Sweet FA

Sweet FA ✪ Three rounds Lord, in my .44 ✪

Known as 'the Travolta' round ours.

Bahnhof Strasse and a_chap like this.
  20. campanula

campanula plant a seed

Desensitisation - anyone done it? I have mentioned the sheepdogs insane behaviour around anything with wheels...but today, I had a horrible experience. Just emerging from the graveyard, I was about to put her lead on when she absolutely bolted across the road, fleeing around the back of the garages and making her way home...because a woman was approaching with a rumbling suitcase on wheels. In short, what started out as a general anxiety regarding lorries, buses,ambulances, has escalated into fearing bicycles (especially with trailors), pushchairs...I am waiting for snivelling behind my legs as soon as a skateboard hoves into view. This must, I think, be dealt with since she is at her most anxious at the point of peak danger - ie.around roads...and I now feel that I cannot allow grand-daughter to skip ahead with Hazel (the dog) on a lead if there is a chance she will bolt in terror. Considering sedation and lots of walks around lorry parks and bus stations...but I am perplexed as this (behavioural stuff ) is a first for me - never had to do more than basic training (repetition and praise)...but I am not inclined to do nothing as Hazel's anxiety is obviously increasing. Also, no money to consult with animal behaviourists or owt like that so it is strictly DIY.
    Also, Hazel is not even slightly motivated by food or treats - she has always been biddable and keen to please, but I have no hope that positive reinforcement through treats will have any effect whatsoever.

21. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

22. a_chap

Lily wondered why she kept running into things...

IMG_20180122_134030643_smaller.jpg

:facepalm:

Rebelda, kebabking, Manter and 14 others like this.
  23. mrs quoad

Is dog.

F751D6F5-ECBA-4411-9BA2-7DABF8637C09.jpeg E144664A-7558-4A22-A14A-84351433320A.jpeg

Is dog on chair.

Edit: + dog in snow.

9207C0B9-044E-41D8-93B1-3A27F7BEA58C.jpeg D5D8BF45-FE3A-4FE5-9BE1-663190863135.jpeg 64DA46CB-5991-4198-BCCC-E9673198CBFC.jpeg

Dog in snow took some convincing.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  24. S☼I

S☼I a chord and a pedal and a lock

IMG_20180123_000944.jpg What of it?

25. mrs quoad

Noble seadog :thumbs:

178A92A9-8D1C-45B3-854F-6EF4DABBF3D8.jpeg

(Watching fat old Labradogs hammering through the waves.)

26. Saffy

Saffy Under the duvet..

She's very pretty and a beautiful colour.

mrs quoad and Chemical needs like this.
  27. iona

iona toxic clown

Friday and Saturday Giz pissed on the floor while I was out (I never leave him too long and he always gets a walk immediately before and after). Sunday he vomited all over the place while I was out of the room for a minute. This morning he's pissed again while I was out.

He's been off his food since Saturday and I've not seen him drink any water. He might be drinking at night or while I'm out, of course but the piss I cleaned up today was very yellow and kind of less watery than it should be iyswim (sorry, tmi).

Would taking him to the vet be overreacting?

28. Sprocket.

How old is he?

29. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Pretty much as you’d imagine

No, best get him checked, if he's getting dehydrated it can affect them quickly.

trashpony, izz, a_chap and 2 others like this.
  30. iona

iona toxic clown

Nearly ten. I did initially think it might be an age related incontinence thing (have noticed a tiny damp patch where he's been lying occasionally and he sometimes smells a bit) but then he stopped eating.

Sprocket. likes this.