The dog thread is better than the cat thread, because it features dogs.

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Maurice Picarda, Oct 23, 2013.

1. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

Poor twiglet

2. Mumbles274

Mumbles274 running from law and the press and the parents

Advice/reassurance please while waiting for emergency vet
    lamb1979 and her daughter took meatball to the park. Daughter slipped and landed on the hound and squashed him.. He was stunned and didn't get up and now is not putting weight on his front leg or if he does it gives way. Have gently felt his leg and surrounding area. No obviously pain shows/no flinching, yelping. Leg seems to move as it should. He is laying on our bed with no outward discomfort. He is also moving his leg, just not walking on it.

lamb1979 likes this.
  3. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Suburban robots that monitor reality

Lots of good signs there so let’s hope it’s a sprain or something similar.
    (((Meatball)))

4. S☼I

S☼I I'm good, but I'm no Coalface.

5. Mumbles274

Mumbles274 running from law and the press and the parents

Vet says no break. Phew. lamb1979 's daughter learnt she should have paid for insurance for her dog. Every cloud and that!!

BoatieBird, izz, lamb1979 and 5 others like this.
  6. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

Poor squashed Meatball! Hope he's back on all 4 paws before long (and that everyone stays fully insured at all times :p).

Lupa, Mumbles274 and lamb1979 like this.
  7. lamb1979

lamb1979 Well-Known Member

Home safe and sound.. Said daughter is £200 lighter.. But meatball is fine.. If not milking all the attention :)

BoatieBird, Lupa, trabuquera and 6 others like this.
  8. Lupa

Lupa Sitting on top of the world

Poor little meatball :(

Very glad he's ok ;)

lamb1979 likes this.
  9. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

:eek:
    Glad nothing too disastrous resulted!

lamb1979 likes this.
  10. fishfinger

fishfinger تپلی

Poor Meatball :(
    Get well soon!

lamb1979 likes this.
  11. a_chap

a_chap Much research has shown I am just fucking stupid

Lily's been watching too many how-to-camouflage videos on YouTube

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 12:20 PM
    Puddy_Tat, Lupa, Mumbles274 and 13 others like this.
  12. Cloo

Cloo Surfeit of lampreys

My dog nephew Daniel looking very pleased that he found and ate the sandwiches belonging to my sister-in-law's new colleague. :facepalm:

IMG_2735.jpg

Manter, Puddy_Tat, Lupa and 18 others like this.
  13. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Fishing in the River of Life....

eatmorecheese, not been on the thread for a few weeks.
    My deepest condolences. :(

14. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

We are off to France for a week at the end of the month. Usually twiglet stays with the mother in law. But she's having some sort of mental health set back and has said she can't do it.

So I'm now panicking trying to work out what to do with doglet.

I'm considering driving two 13 hour round trip to my mums before and after the holiday. But fucking hell.

Anyone got any ideas? What do you do with your hounds when away?

15. Callie

Callie Pivoting

Me like twiglets!!!!

Do you have any friends who would like to have a dog but can't/don't that you trust? I've dogsat quite a few times for different work mates.

16. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

Generally we use a dogsitter as most of our friends who like and are good with dogs already have them.
    Ours comes and stays at our house and we found him through a recommendation but there are plenty advertising online.

Make sure you pick one with good feedback, insurance and a DBS is helpful.

17. a_chap

a_chap Much research has shown I am just fucking stupid

I'd have offered to look after Twiglet for you but we'll be looking after my sister-in-law's dog while scarpers off to America for her holiday at the end of June. Sorry.

18. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

We are doing a second round of training. The dogs club one was good, but quite basic. This one is a more commercial organisation but they do classes all the way up to agility. Although she's getting increasingly agile as it is. I tuck the chairs under the table if I leave the house, but in the last few days she's learnt to jump from the floor onto the table to watch me out the window. Maybe she has been watching the cats.

I was able to apply their method of stopping jumping up to letting go of the flirt pole this morning, which is good as I was getting bored of that game as she's bloody good at being a terrior and just not letting go when she gets it.

Obviously the class is more about us more then Willow, but I think we are making progress, plus she is a bit older. She seems to really enjoy it, even if she is the most live wire dog in the room. But then even when she was tiny she wasn't like the other puppies...

BoatieBird, Rebelda and a_chap like this.
  19. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

Hanging out on a Sunday morning.

IMG_20190616_080519_resize_98.jpg

20. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Suburban robots that monitor reality

Oscar with his new clip, in Greenwich Park yesterday. We think he looks much younger with his haircut.

E86B8E31-0597-4484-9AE6-429D2FD33F7B.jpeg

He loves going to Greenwich but we hadn’t been for several weeks as Mrs Llama has been indisposed.

BoatieBird, quiet guy, KatyF and 16 others like this.
  21. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

21BDA6EF-721C-45A9-98C3-E8FA272BCA62.jpeg

She’s starting to show her age these days. She goes mad for 5 minutes when I first arrive then has to have a nap for an hour :D

BoatieBird, KatyF, Me76 and 9 others like this.
  22. Saunders

Saunders Member

Really feel for you being let down on what you thought was a fixed plan.. had same few years ago when friend cancelled the day we were leaving.
    We’ve used boarding kennels a few times (had recommendations from other dog walkers/ friends).
    Maybe your ma-in law, even though she can’t help out this time, knows other dog peeps who know of a good kennels near you?
    I don’t think either of our dogs has had an amazing time boarding, but they’ve both (old dead dog; this young dog I have now) been fine and not displayed any trauma from the experience.
    If you go for boarding kennel you will probs need to get dog inoculated for kennel cough, as well as usual jabs.

Mostly we’ve had a someone the dog knows and likes come and stay. (Could your mum come to yours for thr week?)
    For us that has been our kids, or their friends who knew dog well. Last coupla years it’s been my cleaner.

Kennels is cheaper, but leaving the dog in its home with someone it knows, who will walk it coupla times a day, is greater peace of mind.
    Having said that, I really recommend finding a boarding kennel locally that you can bear, in case of emergencies.
    Hope you find a solution.
    (Apols this is bit rambling. Saw your post earlier but have now drunk all the wine).