The dog thread is better than the cat thread, because it features dogs.

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Maurice Picarda, Oct 23, 2013.

1. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

2. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Baroudeur...

Just caught up with the thread tonight since the end of May. So big likes dished out. Anyway we promised ourselves we would get another Lhasa/Poodle cross as Barni has been such a great little dog and to fill the hole in our hearts left by Olli who we lost in March.
    Yesterday we found one, today we picked her up.

Me76, Sweet FA, izz and 3 others like this.
  3. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Baroudeur...

05A32C41-BFDA-4C1E-83AC-457B93D180A5.jpeg
    This is Izzi, 8 weeks old and gorgeous.
    :D

clicker, Me76, fizzerbird and 19 others like this.
  4. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

Sausages are just below the camera.

Biscuit refuses to look me in the eye.

BDC1F965-0E03-457B-8A9B-B99588207BB3.jpeg

Every time a spoonful with sausage on it arises, she refuses to make eye contact even more, and presses down with her foot. (Which is resting on my thigh). Until it’s eaten.

I raised 3 successive sausage spoonfuls without giving her any, about five minutes ago.

So she put her other foot on my thigh too, and - on sight of sausage - started pushing down with both of them.

5. mrs quoad

Jesus.

She’s meant to be on a bit of a diet, the dick. But pretends to be so piteously ravenous that she’s had standard rations, a large strip of beef hide, a sausage or so, and the twat has just stolen two more sausages before going to bed?! And she’s still shamelessly stealing / begging for more.

I honestly think she’s bored, bc the toddler is away and no one is torturing her.

6. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

She may need more exercise as part of her weight loss plan, if any of ours start to look a bit chubby we beast the crap out of them as well as reside the food, and take out any treats that have lots of sugar, fat or salt in them.

Monty, who's just a couple of months younger than Biscuit and is half Lab, is on 7/8 handfuls of dried food per day, perhaps 2 or 3 fingernail sized bits of salami as treats, and does about 90 minutes of off lead exercise and about 15 minutes structured retrieve and obedience training per day.

7. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Baroudeur...

EF33EEF6-6549-483F-BAD9-F631C221069A.jpeg
    Izzi taking over after 24 hours.
    Though she slept through from 10 until 7 this morning. No in house accidents either so far.

bellaozzydog, clicker, Me76 and 24 others like this.
  8. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

Izzy is absolutely gorgeous

I love the white spot on her chin. :)

fizzerbird and Sprocket. like this.
  9. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Seagulls are cunts

Sprocket. What breeds is she? Some kind of somethingpoo?

10. mrs quoad

She's being walked on a skateboard half the time. A full-on hour of labrador running last night, followed by an off-lead walk across three fields. This morning, she's been off-lead across five (?) very large fields, and back, including tumbles with two new chocolate labs we haven't met before.

Maybe you have bigger hands than me (and you've def got a bigger dog!) but Biscuit's getting two big fistfuls of dry food in the morning (c.125g) and a tin of wet food in the evening. Alongside some treats (when she's not stealing sausages, the dick). And yesterday a strip of beef hide, bc the dick would not shut up and I needed to start work :D

In principle, beef hide and sausages aside (but treats included), that should be coming to between 75-90% of her daily recommended for her weight.

kebabking likes this.
  11. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Baroudeur...

twentythreedom, she is a Lhasa Apso crossed with a miniature Poodle.
    Don’t shed and are non allergenic.
    Same as our Barni.

12. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Baroudeur...

3C90C98E-A20A-4C0C-A6BF-ADFDD8D69BC1.jpeg

Barni is fed up of the new pup already!

bellaozzydog, clicker, Me76 and 10 others like this.
  13. twentythreedom

Lhasapoo? :) She's gorgeous whatever you'd call her :thumbs:

Awww Barni fed up face :(:D

fizzerbird and Sprocket. like this.
  14. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

Ok, so exercise isn't a problem!

If you've reduced her food by 25% and the weight doesn't fall off within 2 weeks or so I'd talk to the vet - possibly a hormone problem..?

I'm assuming her mother was a similar build - are you still in touch with the breeder?

mrs quoad likes this.
  15. Motown_ben

Motown_ben Well-Known Member

Bruce, out for his stroll with our dog walker yesterday.

He won't go anywhere without a chew in his mouth. [​IMG]

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

16. Rebelda

Rebelda Gas Mark 4 on the Lovely Oven

Izzi has a very boopable nose :) poor Barni though, puppies are annoying :D

I think bitches do tend to put on a bit of weight after spaying. I'm sure Biscuit'll even out. Maybe she's about to grow a bit more.

Cara is only walking on lead atm due to being a horny devil :rolleyes: only dog she's presented to was another bitch though :thumbs: and while her sex drive is 10 her prey drive has gone down to 1. Still a rake but she gets a good 2.5 to 3 hours walking a day. Purely because she's unbearable otherwise. We're going back to advanced obedience next month.

20180908_121025.jpg

Flying ear <3

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  17. astral

astral author unknown

Willow seems to have maintained her weight ok post spay, but the vets were quite firm with us that they thought she was fat when she was spayed (despite looking healthy and sleek, apparently there was a lot of fat round her organs). She was 15kg when she was spayed the and is 14.6 now. She gets a small cup of kibble in the morning and a tin of wet food in the evening. IMG_20180909_160528_716.jpg

18. Rebelda

Factor no garden and breed into why we walk so bloody much also :rolleyes:

fizzerbird and kebabking like this.
  19. mrs quoad

She’s begging - begging - for sausages. She’s been begging for sausages for 45 minutes.

Which would be fine. Except there are no sausages.

There were no sausages, either. There was cheese, couscous, and peas. She’s had bits of all of them. She was disappointed.

She doesn’t believe it’s all gone. She doesn’t believe there weren’t sausages. She wants the empty bowl behind the curtains.

C80F9720-638E-4482-8C25-A3C4022BE258.jpeg 4044B7A5-DFA5-4BF9-B957-58814CAB3E9B.jpeg 6C830C6B-3E95-4116-858B-60E4653FCE0A.jpeg 18067C0A-81A2-49B4-82F4-6E745D213A0E.jpeg 6621C965-C23E-4774-BBF6-379231C8E5EE.jpeg

Her mouth is salivating in a couple of pics. Salivating for sausages that haven’t bloody existed since yesterday.

20. Saffy

Saffy Under the duvet..

20180909_170024.jpg

Cassie is much better and back having her walks.
    Cassie is quite slight for a labrador and refuses to eat her dinner if she doesn't get what she wants.
    Basically she wants a raw egg on her kibble every night. :rolleyes:

21. Rebelda

Ah but there might be. Potential sausages are a big deal to a dog. Cara whinnies like a horse for a good 24 hours after she knows there's been sausages. Just in case. I'll record her singing at them next time :D

Fried chicken gets 48 hours of pure crying.

22. Rebelda

Aww I'm glad she's feeling better :)

fizzerbird and Saffy like this.
  23. twentythreedom

Ruby's a sausage monster too. She sits in the kitchen doorway staring at me while doing a throaty grumble whiny noise and padding her front paws in restless fashion, basically demanding sausage :D

kebabking, BoatieBird, Saffy and 4 others like this.
  24. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Baroudeur...

Barni will turn down meat, even fillet steak for a piece of Wensleydale cheese.
    Perhaps we should have named him Gromit!

25. Sweet FA

Sweet FA ✪ Three rounds Lord, in my .44 ✪

The hipshake to finish :D

That tongue though - no teeth to hold it in on either side. Gob up the walls :facepalm:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  26. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

Clever Barni :thumbs:

Sprocket. likes this.
  27. Rebelda

20180914_184025.jpg

She loves her crate now it's nice and chewed :rolleyes:

Looby, Bahnhof Strasse, iona and 20 others like this.
  28. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

Met an Irish wolfhound today, only something like 14 months old but already massive :)

DSC_7461w.jpg

Manter, Looby, Biddlybee and 18 others like this.
  29. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow Seagulls and wasps are brilliant!

What a beautiful dog. :)

30. Saffy

Saffy Under the duvet..

20180915_191528.jpg
    She's wondering what was for dinner.