1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The dog thread is better than the cat thread, because it features dogs.

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Maurice Picarda, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Maurice Picarda

Maurice Picarda Actually, might as well flounce.

There are some tunes which Mrs Loom plays on the saxophone to which M.F.M.I. de Robespierre's howled accompaniment is moderately quiet and sedate. Not Baker Street, though. The moment she starts on the Bob Holness classic, the dog drowns her out with impressive harmonies and cunning changes in key. Eventually she is forced to stop, or simply to do some improvisations around the howls, at which point Maximilien gives her a very sardonic look and retreats behind the sofa.

Your dog does more interesting things than this, though. Post something about your dog. Include a pic.

2. twentythreedom

twentythreedom don't wanna get me vex, don't step on my creps

Poppy is a cockerpoo. She is lovely but being a bit annoying / cheeky teenagery cos she's realized she's big and strong enough to jump on furniture.

image.jpg

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  3. twentythreedom

Dilly has just celebrated her 12th birthday :)

Image019.gif

4. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

My much-missed pup Lola. She was a stray in Kunming before my old boss rescued her. She lived with his family (kids gave her the name) for many years then he was suddenly booted out the country so I took her in. Six happy years together (ideal excuse for a stroll up the pub every night), and I'd never thought I would be one for small dogs before, having had bigger working types as a kid.

Attached Files:

5. SikhWarrioR

SikhWarrioR And the Worms ate into his brain

Cerberus My 140 pound Red male Bullmastiff.......For some unknown reason I've not been burgled since I got him as a pup three years ago

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    pinkmonkey, Greebo, cesare and 5 others like this.
  6. xes

xes F.O.A.D

My dogs don't really do anything interesting, but they're still fucking awesome.
    11-E1653F89-914188-1280-100.jpg
    there they are, having a cuddle.

7. xes

xes F.O.A.D

Come to think of it, cuddling and generally being cute as fuck, is kind of their thing.

11-1683D8CE-936113-1280-100.jpg
    11-CEF5B1EC-1356317-1280-100.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg

8. They, are awesome dogs xes, but you knew that :)

twentythreedom, Greebo and xes like this.
  9. xes

xes F.O.A.D

I did :cool:

10. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

[​IMG]
    Only one of these is mine, the other one is her sister. Mine's the one furthest from the camera. They don't do a lot apart from sleep on the sofa and come for walks but they are good at looking pretty :)

11. xes

xes F.O.A.D

Mr Tyler is bestest friends with a wolfhound. She's awesome, she jumped OVER me one day. I bent down to say hello, and she just leapfrogged me :D

farmerbarleymow, Greebo and cesare like this.
  12. Cid

Cid 请等一下

That appears to be some kind of brush or scrubbing device.

13. twentythreedom

Not far from the reality tbh. Her tail would make a good cleaning implement if you stuck a bit of stiff wire up it :)

14. fizzerbird

fizzerbird Intimate Potential

Love the name :cool: Do you have a pic?

15. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow daft apeth

Dogs are ace! And so much better than cats. :cool:

Shirl's dogs are beautiful - absolute sweeties. I was fussing them all the way from Morecambe to Lancaster in the van - and it was very calming fussing a hairy doggy. :)

Greebo, Shirl, cesare and 1 other person like this.
  16. fizzerbird

The Dawg... Pure Mutt...rescued from Devon Blue Cross October 2009...will be 6 yrs old in December...

[​IMG]

17. farmerbarleymow

Awww...hello Dawg!

He is a handsome doggie, with nice jowls. :)

fizzerbird likes this.
  18. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

He looks a bit like a Patterdale fizzerbird. I like his sleepy expression :)

19. Pingu

Pingu Credo

dogs.are.awesome.

that is all

lizzieloo, cesare, xes and 3 others like this.
  20. twentythreedom

Best thread evah :cool:

isvicthere? and fizzerbird like this.
  21. xes

xes F.O.A.D

11-131A2790-3176602-1280-100.jpg
    FETCH!!

albionism, lizzieloo, Manter and 10 others like this.
  22. farmerbarleymow

From the day I was born to the day I moved out of my parents' house, I lived with at least one dog. I would love to have a dog now, but sadly can't as it my current situation simply wouldn't be fair on it. :(

But apart from the ever-present border collies we had (one of whom was incredibly tolerant of us wee bairns, and let us ride on his back, and pull his tail without bothering), I have one favourite.

My favourite was a beautiful big black Alsatian, mainly black but with some tan on his lower legs. Absolutely gorgeous, and typical of large dogs, a big softie! Everyone else was frightened of him - one person memorably described him as 'a fucking wolf' :D but he was certainly an alpha male and a protector of his flock.

The police asked to buy him a number of times, as they recognised in him his alpha status - especially given their dogs used to cower in his presence. My parents, thankfully, said no. I suppose he was a valuable dog being a pedigree, but he was a much loved member of our family, and that was more important. Unsurprisingly, we never had any hassle when out with him, and never got burgled. He was so well known locally that even the most stupid burglars knew not to bother targeting our house despite a string of burglaries on our estate.

RIP Taska. (named after it being a task to clean up his shit as a puppy) :)

pennimania, cesare, devit and 3 others like this.
  23. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

That's where I'm at as I have no stable residency here - with Lola it was live with me or get put down so we took the chance and it worked out but wouldn't do it again unless circumstances were similar. Currently have a rescue cat that in theory the landlady wouldn't allow (only her daughter ever comes round and she agrees we should lie about it) and could go to the neighbours if I have to leave, which is not ideal but a dog would be worse. Also :(

24. fizzerbird

Yeah many peeps have made the Patterdale Reference...:cool:

25. twentythreedom

Dogs doing dog stuff earlier :)

IMG_20131024_152135.jpg

26. twentythreedom

A dog, just now, being doggy and awesome

IMG_20131024_165841.jpg

Enviro, Manter, Looby and 4 others like this.
  27. twentythreedom

A puppy, just now, giving me a moment's peace, thank fuck :)

IMG_20131024_165821.jpg

albionism, Manter, Looby and 4 others like this.
  28. de_dog

de_dog Mickey! Mickey from Leicester

In the woods as autumn begins:
    policedogs.jpg

weltweit, Manter, Looby and 4 others like this.
  29. mog1976

mog1976 fuzzy wuzzy wuz a bear

Iv decided i want to get a buddy for my boy lab if anyone knows of some. Im in the west country. I wanted to matemy boy and keep a pup but had no luck finding abitch(even tho hes got 14 champs on hisfive gen cert and got a zero zero hip score) went on a labforum and all breaders there were assholes who put me down .thay are tryingto make money and i just wanted to keep one of my dogs pups.

30. fizzerbird

What breed is the dog at the back? Is it a vizla?:confused: