• I like some of their stuff

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • I dont like em, fake punks and politico gesturing

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I,d rather a brew cup full of Soma

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

northernhord

The Clash, erm mixed reaction from me, I like a few tunes from each album, I seen em live at Manc Appollo on Give em enough rope tour, fuckin great live, what dya youz'e peeps think about em?:D

Termite Man

zombie flesh eater
Brillaint band if you ignore Cut The Crap ( which wasn't too bad but just wasn't the clash IMO ) . But I could take or leave London Calling with the exception of a few songs , sandinista on the other hand was a brilliant record . The Clash and Give 'em enough rope are both superb , not abad song on either of those and I like Combat Rock with the exception of Should I stay or Should I go and Rock The Casbah ( overplayed songs so I've grown to dislike them :( )

andy2002

To the Bat-poles!
They were brilliant and easily one of my favourite bands ever. Was listening to White Man In Hammersmith Palais only last night as it happens...

Paulie Tandoori

shut it you egg!
Savage Henry said:
Brillaint band if you ignore Cut The Crap ( which wasn't too bad but just wasn't the clash IMO ) . But I could take or leave London Calling with the exception of a few songs , sandinista on the other hand was a brilliant record . The Clash and Give 'em enough rope are both superb , not abad song on either of those and I like Combat Rock with the exception of Should I stay or Should I go and Rock The Casbah ( overplayed songs so I've grown to dislike them :( )
You're right about them being a brilliant band but my opinion is more or less the reverse of the your on those 2 albums bolded - London Calling rocks my world still and continues to come out of the sleeve regularly. Whereas Sandinista i found patchy and bit random really. Each to their own eh? :)

The Clash? Magnificent until their inevitable descent into the depths of Americana and chasing the dollar and expensive white powder i.e. not amphetamines.

Even after all these years The Clash energise me and move me.

RIP Joe Strummer.

audiotech

wav, aiff, mp3, ogg, flac
lightsoutlondon said:
The Clash? Magnificent until their inevitable descent into the depths of Americana and chasing the dollar and expensive white powder i.e. not amphetamines.
..and Mick Jones thinking he was a star ffs. :rolleyes:

Zeppo

The Clash

First record still cuts it for me.

White Riot, I 'm so bored with the USA. No one seems to make records like this in 21st century. Bumped into Strummer etc in Cardiff 1978 went to a dodgy pub. Great time ace band.

MC5 said:
A primma donna at the time. Even when Strummer met him somewhere with a large bag of herb to iron out problems, Jones gave him short shrift.
Hmm. I thought it was JS who couldn't actually bring himself to ask MJ back, even though he admitted to Mick that sacking him was a huge mistake. This meeting was at Joe's place?

Cpatain Rbubish

Well-Known Monster
We are not worthy of The Clash, I listen to them almost everyday :) Their music is always with me in some format, and I am always with Joe in spirit x R.I.P please don't do a poll, I don't have time to hunt down any fuckers who diss em ;) AS!

Cpatain Rbubish said:
We are not worthy of The Clash, I listen to them almost everyday :)

I don't have time to hunt down any fuckers who diss em ;) AS!
We can go out mob-handed...the Last Gang In Town...and kill the Unbelievers before the Clampdown. :)

brixtonvilla

should be Oslovilla, really
I bought "London Calling" the other day and thought it was mostly art-student shit (with a few corking tracks). Is there better stuff out there then?

Cpatain Rbubish

Well-Known Monster
brixtonvilla said:
I bought "London Calling" the other day and thought it was mostly art-student shit (with a few corking tracks). Is there better stuff out there then?
Fuck off :) E2A Joe was an student though, and quite gifted in that direction too although I've only seen his doodles :)

northernhord

brixtonvilla said:
1st and 2nd albums for me mainly

audiotech

wav, aiff, mp3, ogg, flac
lightsoutlondon said:
Hmm. I thought it was JS who couldn't actually bring himself to ask MJ back, even though he admitted to Mick that sacking him was a huge mistake. This meeting was at Joe's place?
Possibly? But I think it's the exact same meeting, where Strummer was contrite (with the 'erb) admitting to Jones that he was wrong to sack him (even though he didn't have much choice, seeing Jones was so far up his own arse at the time) and there was Jones saying it's too late I'm in Big Audio Dynamite now. :mad:

trashpony

Ovaries and tings
Cpatain Rbubish said:
We are not worthy of The Clash, I listen to them almost everyday :) Their music is always with me in some format, and I am always with Joe in spirit x R.I.P please don't do a poll, I don't have time to hunt down any fuckers who diss em ;) AS!
:cool:

William of Walworth

Festographer
Cpatain Rbubish said:
We are not worthy of The Clash, I listen to them almost everyday Their music is always with me in some format, and I am always with Joe in spirit x R.I.P please don't do a poll, I don't have time to hunt down any fuckers who diss em AS!
OK not every day in my case, but I'll raise trashy's :cool: by 10,000 ... :)