The Clash right or shite?

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by northernhord, Jan 30, 2007.

?

The Clash

1. I love the Clash, wouldnt hear and Ill word said

36 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. I like some of their stuff

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. I dont like em, fake punks and politico gesturing

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. I,d rather a brew cup full of Soma

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. northernhord

northernhord Active Member

The Clash, erm mixed reaction from me, I like a few tunes from each album, I seen em live at Manc Appollo on Give em enough rope tour, fuckin great live, what dya youz'e peeps think about em?:D

2. Termite Man

Termite Man zombie flesh eater

Brillaint band if you ignore Cut The Crap ( which wasn't too bad but just wasn't the clash IMO ) . But I could take or leave London Calling with the exception of a few songs , sandinista on the other hand was a brilliant record . The Clash and Give 'em enough rope are both superb , not abad song on either of those and I like Combat Rock with the exception of Should I stay or Should I go and Rock The Casbah ( overplayed songs so I've grown to dislike them :( )

3. northernhord

What was their line up for cut the crap?

4. el_starkos

el_starkos \m/(>.

Simply THE greatest band ever. Full stop.

5. andy2002

andy2002 To the Bat-poles!

They were brilliant and easily one of my favourite bands ever. Was listening to White Man In Hammersmith Palais only last night as it happens...

6. Termite Man

Termite Man zombie flesh eater

Joe and Paul and a couple of other blokes !!

7. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Half Man Half HobNob

Poll!?

8. northernhord

Ah right, see what u mean, that aint the clash is it

9. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

Shite.

No returns

10. audiotech

audiotech wav, aiff, mp3, ogg, flac

Career Opportunities MIDI file I produced.

11. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

You're right about them being a brilliant band but my opinion is more or less the reverse of the your on those 2 albums bolded - London Calling rocks my world still and continues to come out of the sleeve regularly. Whereas Sandinista i found patchy and bit random really. Each to their own eh? :)

12. lights.out.london

lights.out.london Black Flag

The Clash? Magnificent until their inevitable descent into the depths of Americana and chasing the dollar and expensive white powder i.e. not amphetamines.

Even after all these years The Clash energise me and move me.

RIP Joe Strummer.

13. audiotech

..and Mick Jones thinking he was a star ffs. :rolleyes:

14. lights.out.london

Yes. :confused:

Bless him. And he still can't leave the ******* alone. Sniff, sniff. Allegedly.

15. audiotech

A primma donna at the time. Even when Strummer met him somewhere with a large bag of herb to iron out problems, Jones gave him short shrift.

16. northernhord

I think my fave tracks are Complete Control, Whats my Name, Safe European home

17. Zeppo

Zeppo New Member

The Clash

First record still cuts it for me.

White Riot, I 'm so bored with the USA. No one seems to make records like this in 21st century. Bumped into Strummer etc in Cardiff 1978 went to a dodgy pub. Great time ace band.

18. northernhord

*puts 1st album on the playa*

19. lights.out.london

Hmm. I thought it was JS who couldn't actually bring himself to ask MJ back, even though he admitted to Mick that sacking him was a huge mistake. This meeting was at Joe's place?

20. Cpatain Rbubish

Cpatain Rbubish Well-Known Monster

We are not worthy of The Clash, I listen to them almost everyday :) Their music is always with me in some format, and I am always with Joe in spirit x R.I.P please don't do a poll, I don't have time to hunt down any fuckers who diss em ;) AS!

21. lights.out.london

We can go out mob-handed...the Last Gang In Town...and kill the Unbelievers before the Clampdown. :)

22. Cpatain Rbubish

A good kicking underneath The Westway would seem appropriate ;)

23. lights.out.london

We'd leave them so mashed they'd be going; what's my name? :D

I'll stop now. Promise.

24. Cpatain Rbubish

LOL :) By all means carry on!

25. brixtonvilla

brixtonvilla should be Oslovilla, really

I bought "London Calling" the other day and thought it was mostly art-student shit (with a few corking tracks). Is there better stuff out there then?

26. Cpatain Rbubish

Fuck off :) E2A Joe was an student though, and quite gifted in that direction too although I've only seen his doodles :)

27. northernhord

1st and 2nd albums for me mainly

28. audiotech

Possibly? But I think it's the exact same meeting, where Strummer was contrite (with the 'erb) admitting to Jones that he was wrong to sack him (even though he didn't have much choice, seeing Jones was so far up his own arse at the time) and there was Jones saying it's too late I'm in Big Audio Dynamite now. :mad:

29. trashpony

trashpony Ovaries and tings

:cool:

30. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

OK not every day in my case, but I'll raise trashy's :cool: by 10,000 ... :)