The Chelsea 17/18 thread

Discussion in 'football' started by Pickman's model, Aug 12, 2017.

1. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

1522847508284.jpg

Great appreciation shown today, West Ham fans too.
    We're just strolling along until next season by the looks of it. I can see both Saints in the league and Burnley (three days before our Semi-Final :hmm:) beating us. Not the worst season ever but after all that passion and effort to win the league last season it's been very disappointing to say the least.

2. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

So Brendan Rogers coming back to the PL then?

3. BCBlues

Why? Where's Klopp off to ??

4. BCBlues

Soccer-League-Division-One-Chelsea-v-Everton-Stamford-Bridge.jpg

Roy Bentley RIP. I never got to see him play but heard enough to know he's up there with our legends up front in Osgood, Dixon and Drogba.
    I don't think we'll ever be putting Morata up there but Giroud is looking good especially with his link up with Hazard. That some goal today against Saints, who themselves had enough chances but didn't take them. Sparky will be livid.

Manure in the final. It will be like watching Chelsea v Chelsea reserves.

5. BCBlues

Oh well. Thursday night, BTsport for us but it will still be a decent season if we win the FA Cup.

Great game tonight, Terriers wanted it more than us and got what they needed. Fair play and they had great support too.

6. BCBlues

Badgers likes this.
  7. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Not what they want but what is good for them

hmmm. you have had a good run Chelsea since the Russians took over. interesting times ahead from what i am hearing IYKWYM.

8. BCBlues

What you heard nbe ?
    All I'm hearing is saft transfer talk about Lewaniski and Salah.

9. not-bono-ever

bit more serious than that.

10. Casual Observer

Casual Observer binoculars

Abramovich is having trouble renewing his UK visa. The last one ran out, he's applied for a new one but approval has yet to be granted. Rumours of the authorities taking a closer interest in his finances and those of other Russians living in the UK with enormous and suspiciously acquired wealth. Then there's the frosty post-novichok relations with Russia generally.

Anyway, Chelsea have had a good run. Time for Ken Bates to make a return.

11. not-bono-ever

NDA been produced for suitors apparently. Chels ownership vehicle structure being revised. hmmmm

12. BCBlues

The return of the cold war could be our undoing then and not the fact that we let talent like Salah and De Bruyne slip by.

I was under the impression though that we were starting to function more independently and not relying on Romans fortune these days.
    Or is that why we ended up chasing Andy Carrol and Peter Crouch in the last transfer window.

13. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

I'd ignore the press gossip about Caroll and Crouch, if they had of been targets both clubs would have sold instantly. The visa thing is no big deal either and doesnt get in the way of either the club functioning a tad more independently or on Roman splashing the cash if need be.
    The immediate issue for me is the transfer strategy which won't become any clearer untill the is Conte staying or going, Sarri coming saga is resolved. There's areal danger that William could leave whilst Conte is there and he clearly doesnt rate Batshuayi in his sytem. RLC needs to return and it will be intriguing to find out what the plans are for Mason Mount, Mark Van Ginkel and Hudson Odoi, the former two have had really good loan spells.

BCBlues likes this.
  14. BCBlues

The BBC quoted the other day that we are a club that "thrives on change". Thats a nice way of putting it I suppose but it's really unsettling and because of it yes we could be losing Willian and Hazard. It's hard to fathom whether it's the club, managers or prima donna stars that will join a club like us these days that are at fault.

The celebrations after Saturday were nowhere near the ones at West Brom only a matter of months before. It's toxic again like Josès last stint.

15. not-bono-ever

the residence status of Abrahmovich was changed to Russia last month in the fordstam holiding co setup. the club is still in hock by a Billion to RA. he is going to take a huge hit on this if he does walk away

Badgers likes this.
  16. BCBlues

Badgers likes this.
  17. not-bono-ever

RA now Israeli citizen. the moneytrail back is muddied

I wrote some more from what i have heard but best not to post just yet.

18. mod

mod A modernist

Fulham promoted on Saturday and now this news. Lovely.

Casual Observer, nuffsaid and Badgers like this.
  19. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

This should encourage more players to Chelsea in the transfer market. Especially with the ongoing #conteout uncertainty.

20. BCBlues

We might need to groundshare soon :D

Badgers likes this.
  21. BCBlues