The Chelsea 17/18 thread

Discussion in 'football' started by Pickman's model, Aug 12, 2017.

1. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Fair bet, they've picked up a bit and our defence is still a work in not much progress. Doidge is getting a goal a game though so we might nick a draw.

2. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

Rules are quite simple. Premier league clubs do what they want, lower league clubs get fined if they don't play enough first teamers! :D

I'm gutted that we're still in it.:(

BCBlues likes this.
  3. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

we were , to be polite woeful against West Ham. No zip, terrible passing, lacked combativety in midfield and the few chances we did have were squandered. Utd lost, Liverpool drew and we managed to lose three points. Inept.

Badgers, BCBlues and Spymaster like this.
  4. The39thStep

A lot of huffing and puffing against what was a well organised defensive display from Brighton but we broke the deadlock. We are still missing chances and too reliant on Hazard for my liking.However it's going to be a good battle for second place .

BCBlues likes this.
  5. The39thStep

Used to be the case that you always expected a difficult game against Stoke .Under Pullis they were physically hard, uncompromising and you dreaded their set pieces.Under Hughes the last two years they had some particularly good attackers that when on form were a real threat.Today they were a half hearted shambles with Hughes looking as though he had seen it all before and had given up. First casuality of 2018 me thinks.

Badgers and sealion like this.
  6. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Hughesy definitely gave up on today's game even before it started with his team selection. You can't really blame him with a more realistic winnable game on Monday against Newcastle coming up. What if they don't win that one though ??

Enough about the Potters, we got Arsenal on Wed but I ain't sure if their season ends at the start or the end of every January? We shall see.

Badgers and The39thStep like this.
  7. The39thStep

Drinkwater had a good game, William seems to have hit better form and Rudiger looked good. Hazard and Fab rested today so we fingers crossed. Utd are in the doldrums and we are now second our highest position this season.Hopeful that we do some business in the transfer window.

Badgers and BCBlues like this.
  8. BCBlues

Two good results for us today with City and Arsenal dropping points. Add to that Utds slump due to "financial difficulties" (pmsl) and it's been a good end of year.

Happy New Year Everyone

9. BCBlues

That was painful. It was like watching us a couple of years back when only Willian was trying. Kenedy is way below par and an idiot to boot. Get rid of him.

Only good points were a spark of life from Musonda and Sterling towards the end and Conte being proved right about sideshows
    reliability.

I thought that young Norwich player looked good tho, Murphy. Sharp, intelligent, committed. Hope you were watching Roman.

10. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

#ConteOut yet?

Pickman's model and Ponyutd like this.
  11. BCBlues

Nah long way off that from the fans at least. I think Conte will be in a stronger position now to argue about squad depth.

As we're on the subject I'm not overly convinced about the Barkley signing but hope to be proved wrong. Having said that I'm still waiting to be convinced that Bakayoko was vfm :hmm:

Badgers likes this.
  12. The39thStep

The brief contributions of Masunda and Sterling were the only highlights in the game for me.The rest were far too tentative and halhearted.I liked Kennedy when he first arrived he was more active fearless and would take on players hes more disciplined now but doesnt do much.

13. BCBlues

Yawn.

Meantime;

Charly Musonda scored twice for Chelsea Academy as they beat Portsmouth 2-1 to reach the quarter-finals of the Checkatrade Trophy.

Badgers likes this.
  14. nuffsaid

nuffsaid But this goes up to 11

Haha - you lot couldn't score against Arsenal who had Callum Chambers on the pitch. What's up with ya... - #ConteOut

Badgers likes this.
  15. BCBlues

Great game in the end shame it got soured by a bit of bad refereeing even with VAR to help him.
    I just looked at a survey (BBC I think) and it was equal 29% for 'Not sure about VAR " and 'waste of time".

If you asked me before the pens I would have screamed waste of time. After the pens I'm a bit more " Not sure" at the moment. I can't see VAR stopping "show" refs and inept refs such as Clattenberg and Mariner from ruining games. Graham Scott last night was definitely in the inept group.

Pleased about Kenedy though, he finally showed a bit of maturity and commitment. Dunno about him getting motm tho, for me Willian, as always, looked head and shoulders above everyone on the field. Norwich too had a couple of decent players out there last night, Murphy and Madison in particular.

A nice welcome for Rafa awaits.

16. Ponyutd

Ponyutd Greebo likes this....r.i.p.

This thread gets funnier and funnier.

sealion and Badgers like this.
  17. The39thStep

I wasnt laughing by the end of the Bournemouth game

Ponyutd and Badgers like this.
  18. BCBlues

Ake was

19. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

Neither was i, i had Bournemouth to win 3-1 and 3-2.

Pickman's model and Badgers like this.
  20. sealion

But redemption is nice :cool:
    20180205_215232.jpg

21. TruXta

TruXta tired

:D:thumbs:

Badgers and sealion like this.
  22. PaoloSanchez

PaoloSanchez Well-Known Member

Is Conte on his way out?
    Doesn't seem to be a happy bunny.

Badgers likes this.
  23. The39thStep

He's in a tough spot that he's got himself into tbh. Absolutely no need after winning the league last season. He's picked a fight with the board over transfers and then wanted a public statement of confidence. All well and good if results have been good but we've had a shite 2018.A toothless performance against Arsenal in the semi final first leg and we've lost two games back to back that we should have won in and in embarrassing circumstances ( not to take anything away from Bournemouth and Watford.The latter being the biggest loss I can remember for quite a few years. His recent team selection has been bizarre to say the least , tactically he has been very hit and miss and whilst it's acknowledged that we suffer from a lack of leaders on the pitch I'm not sure he has done a great job in motivating the team. To add to his predicament we have got Man Utd, Barcelona twice and Man City coming up very soon.

Badgers likes this.
  24. BCBlues

...And Palace and they always beat us.
    Bakayoko was/Is a liability and I get the feeling Conte is persisting with him to prove a point in his row on who recruits.
    Cahill looks lost without JT telling him where to stand and Tibo seems uninterested.

You're right about the defeat being the biggest for a long time, off the top of my head it was Spurs who last put 4 past us, we have those coming up soon too, on April fools day :eek:

It's bleak but we'll be back.

25. Ponyutd

Ponyutd Greebo likes this....r.i.p.

Fucking Hilarious.

tommers likes this.
  26. sealion

That's debatable. Is Abramovich going to keep chucking his money about with Man city about ? It's a poorly run club with no long term plan. Some of the players that you let go for next to nothing are now doing the business for your rivals. Salah, De bruyne and Lukaku spring to mind.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Pickman's model likes this.
  27. S☼I

S☼I I don't want your poxy mint

I wouldn't say next to nothing - 15, 22, and 28m respectively is hardly chicken feed - but I know what you're saying. Why didn't those in charge at Chelsea see what they had, or were going to have?

BCBlues likes this.
  28. sealion

I suppose when you have the money to burn and a trigger happy chairman, long term is not an option.

29. BCBlues

Antonio Conte is paying for Michael Emenalo’s mistakes in the transfer market, says former Chelsea star Ray Wilkins

Wilkins is spot on here, Bakayoko for Matic was a grave mistake and I would add that his poor performances are even affecting Kante.
    Also it should have been sussed a long time before Terry left that Cahill was nowhere near an ideal replacement.

As for the three you mentioned sealion you can add to that list Mata, Matic, Cech, Tammy Abrahams, Ake and loads more that could be playing right now with more passion than some of our lot at the moment.

The club's changed too much for it's own good. Our online megastore starts by asking you which continent you are in? Our stadium tour is like a business meeting with talk of how many luxury boxes we've sold for the future. The business run nature of the club means that managers like Conte with excellent football knowledge will not be responsible for signing players. Instead it will be left to the likes of Marina Gravoskaia who is more interested in securing a deal with Nike while the club chases Andy Carrol and Peter Crouch.

But, like I say, we'll be back ( i forgot to add "in the second division")

sealion likes this.
  30. sealion

Don't forget Carlton cole :D

tommers and Pickman's model like this.