The Chelsea 17/18 thread

Discussion in 'football' started by Pickman's model, Aug 12, 2017.

1. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Great game. Great win, but why oh why does Conte persist with Bakayoko, even more baffling when you have Willian on the bench.

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What a splendid club.

3. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

And now you'll apologise.

DN2aPpwW4AAcskh.jpg

The39thStep likes this.
  4. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Always got the feeling we weren't the favourite club

5. The39thStep

I thought Bakayoko had a good game, strong, quick into regaining possession and his passing was a lot better. He is far more mobile than Mattic and can only improve ( especially his shooting)

6. baffled

baffled Well-Known Member

Willian has been really poor this season so far which is a shame as he’s usually so consistent, it’s also no coincidence that Bakayako, Fabregas and Hazard all looked so much better with Kante playing, it’s like there is 2 of him out there at times.

The39thStep likes this.
  7. baffled

They only backtracked because of the traction it was gaining on social media and while it’s good it got resolved it should never have happened in the first place.

Ted Striker likes this.
  8. DexterTCN

You have no proof of that.

You can certainly imply it, but you can't prove it. :p

9. baffled

I’ll give you that, oddly you can miss one game on that scheme and not be penalised as long as you don’t buy a ticket.

Supposedly to stop people buying a ticket just for the loyalty points and then not attend, which clearly didn’t apply to this guy.

10. DexterTCN

Must be some serious loyalty points.

11. The39thStep

Thoughts on Emenalo going? Sections of the media casting it as Chelsea in crisis / Conte power struggle type drama but apparantly he made decision to leave and informed board sometime ago and is still going to be involved in discussions about new management structure.

12. BCBlues

I'm not sure it will affect us that much, let's face it we're used to the odd personnel change now and then. Like you say the press will love it, good job we beat United or they would really be laying into us.

13. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

upload_2017-11-7_16-32-0.png

14. BCBlues

I've not been too convinced with Bakayoko, a couple og games he seemed to be drifting around not getting stuck in. Admittedly he was a bit more aggresive against Utd ( they all were) and I really hope he does grow in confidence. It won't hurt him having Kante around as an influence.

The39thStep likes this.
  15. DexterTCN

Yeah, he's certainly not great yet but he'll hopefully get better. He's in a team where he'll get a chance to improve. We'll need him so he has to. Long season.

Has Conte won a power battle? I didn't even know one was going on.

16. BCBlues

Willian was superb again. That other guy Hazard i think his name was seemed okayish too :D

17. DexterTCN

Looked like they were going to give us a match until the red card. Willian...he's not been consistent lately but that was the best of him.

It was good to take Alonso off, he looks a bit worn out. Glad he didn't play a full game before the weekend, he can play in 3rd gear then. Morata seems fully integrated now. Hazard's just the best. He's ridiculous, seems to hold off players a lot better as well these days and he wasn't bad at it before.

18. BCBlues

Yeah I noticed against the Baggies that Hazard stands up for himself a lot more these days.

Azpi looked a bit worn out tonight too, lets hope he and Alonso get fit for the Anfield game.

19. DexterTCN

Azpi's having to make a lot more runs forward these days, Zappa should be doing more to help him out. Where's Moses?

Anyway carrier bag were hamstrung by going down to 10 so early, worked out perfect for us.

20. The39thStep

I think Moses is still training after injury. Anyway good win and Athleticos win makes it an interesting final game. I think Conte got the selection right with the Liverpool game coming up.

21. BCBlues

I don't think we sing enough praises for Hazard on here, he truly is superb.

I think we'll lose him soon enough to one of Spain's big two so enjoy it while you can.

The39thStep likes this.
  22. DexterTCN

He's developing a great relationship with Morata. He called Morata 'clever'.

And yeah we could lose him (I say that to myself every year) but how much would we get for him? A lot. He's 26 and we probably extend his contract every week. Rather keep him, obvs.

BCBlues and The39thStep like this.
  23. The39thStep

Well that was a fuck up ,dominate the game, miss chances,their keeper makes good saves, conceed a soft goal, equalise, their keeper makes good saves, miss more chances and finish second. We will have either Besiktas, PSG, or Barcelona in the next round.

BCBlues likes this.
  24. BCBlues

Don't know what the fuss about the draw was, We got Pompey at home.
    Charlton at home to last year's finalists Oxford by the way bromley .

35 year old Eduardo in goal for our U21 side the other night in this competition :D
    Some crazy rules in that Checkatrade Trophy.

25. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

It's being boycotted by most regular L1 and L2 fans because of you Prem youth teams, thin end of the wedge and all that. Never thought we'd get nostalgic for the honest days of the Johnson's Paint Trophy. We're letting the side down a bit on the boycott as we're new to league football so it's all excitement for some.

bromley likes this.
  26. BCBlues

I recall there being some fines dished out in it's early days when clubs failed to put out "full strength" sides.
    When all said and done I bet some of the Pompey players are looking forward to playing at Stamford Bridge and Coventry certainly enjoyed their success in this trophy last season.

Who's your team JimW?

27. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

The dodgy vegans, Forest Green Rovers. Perennial relegation dodgers in the conference for twenty years but got through the play-offs last year. Struggled a bit in the league to say the least at first but up to the giddy heights of 20th after a better run. We've got one of your kids, Brad Collins, on loan as our goalie.

28. BCBlues

You got Yeovil away up next. They beat us on pens in the group stages.

We got so many players out on loan it's ridiculous.

29. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Saw that, they're nearly as bad as us so might progress. The prize money actually comes in handy at our level too.

30. BCBlues

I bet it does.
    I've just noticed I've put you to lose at Grimsby tomorrow on me accy.