1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Chelsea 17/18 thread

Discussion in 'football' started by Pickman's model, Aug 12, 2017.

1. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Great game. Great win, but why oh why does Conte persist with Bakayoko, even more baffling when you have Willian on the bench.

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What a splendid club.

3. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

And now you'll apologise.

DN2aPpwW4AAcskh.jpg

The39thStep likes this.
  4. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Always got the feeling we weren't the favourite club

5. The39thStep

I thought Bakayoko had a good game, strong, quick into regaining possession and his passing was a lot better. He is far more mobile than Mattic and can only improve ( especially his shooting)

6. baffled

baffled Well-Known Member

Willian has been really poor this season so far which is a shame as he’s usually so consistent, it’s also no coincidence that Bakayako, Fabregas and Hazard all looked so much better with Kante playing, it’s like there is 2 of him out there at times.

The39thStep likes this.
  7. baffled

They only backtracked because of the traction it was gaining on social media and while it’s good it got resolved it should never have happened in the first place.

8. DexterTCN

You have no proof of that.

You can certainly imply it, but you can't prove it. :p

9. baffled

I’ll give you that, oddly you can miss one game on that scheme and not be penalised as long as you don’t buy a ticket.

Supposedly to stop people buying a ticket just for the loyalty points and then not attend, which clearly didn’t apply to this guy.

10. DexterTCN

Must be some serious loyalty points.

11. The39thStep

Thoughts on Emenalo going? Sections of the media casting it as Chelsea in crisis / Conte power struggle type drama but apparantly he made decision to leave and informed board sometime ago and is still going to be involved in discussions about new management structure.

12. BCBlues

I'm not sure it will affect us that much, let's face it we're used to the odd personnel change now and then. Like you say the press will love it, good job we beat United or they would really be laying into us.

13. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

upload_2017-11-7_16-32-0.png

14. BCBlues

I've not been too convinced with Bakayoko, a couple og games he seemed to be drifting around not getting stuck in. Admittedly he was a bit more aggresive against Utd ( they all were) and I really hope he does grow in confidence. It won't hurt him having Kante around as an influence.

The39thStep likes this.
  15. DexterTCN

Yeah, he's certainly not great yet but he'll hopefully get better. He's in a team where he'll get a chance to improve. We'll need him so he has to. Long season.

Has Conte won a power battle? I didn't even know one was going on.

16. BCBlues

Willian was superb again. That other guy Hazard i think his name was seemed okayish too :D

17. DexterTCN

Looked like they were going to give us a match until the red card. Willian...he's not been consistent lately but that was the best of him.

It was good to take Alonso off, he looks a bit worn out. Glad he didn't play a full game before the weekend, he can play in 3rd gear then. Morata seems fully integrated now. Hazard's just the best. He's ridiculous, seems to hold off players a lot better as well these days and he wasn't bad at it before.

18. BCBlues

Yeah I noticed against the Baggies that Hazard stands up for himself a lot more these days.

Azpi looked a bit worn out tonight too, lets hope he and Alonso get fit for the Anfield game.