1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Chelsea 17/18 thread

Discussion in 'football' started by Pickman's model, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

:D

Play up Burnley :D

2. Pickman's model

0-3 Burnley - looks like conte will be shown the door :D

Badgers and imposs1904 like this.
  3. Pickman's model

2-3 :D and a couple of red cards get chelsea's season off to a grand start :)

nuffsaid and imposs1904 like this.
  4. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Chelsea and Rangers both losing 3-2 at home. More please. :thumbs:

T & P, Badgers and Pickman's model like this.
  5. Pickman's model

:cool:

Badgers likes this.
  6. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

We might be in a cycle where we have to settle for winning the league every other year.
    Burnley brilliant first half, Chelsea good second half with 10 then 9 men. Refereeing pretty poor and inconsistent.
    We're late starters so we'll start a thread later

Badgers and Pickman's model like this.
  7. Pickman's model

No need, there's a perfectly serviceable one here :thumbs:

Badgers likes this.
  8. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Comes to something when a Gooner has to set up the Chelsea thread, well done Picks,your son Spymaster will be proud.

Been a bit offline meself as my daughter was involved in a serious car crash. One of those periods in life where the antics of overpaid toss pots seriously don't matter but she's home now after three weeks in hospital. I might, just might, watch that Burnley game on MOTD.

Too many excellent youngsters shipped out yet again, Costs needs to piss off; really wish we still had Mata, meedya are ready to lay the boot in on Conte if we lose to Spuds, other than that we're gonna win summat this season.

Spymaster and Pickman's model like this.
  9. Pickman's model

glad your daughter on the mend, hope her recovery quick & full.

10. Pickman's model

Nice to see a dismal afternoon for spurs at wembley

Badgers likes this.
  11. Corax

Corax Read my blog you bastards.

[​IMG]

I'm guessing this classy Chelsea fan hasn't twigged that Abramovich is Jewish?

sealion likes this.
  12. poului

poului a bit overrated

13. BCBlues

Alonso played superb, not just his goals his effort throughout was outstanding.

Morata??

Badgers likes this.
  14. BCBlues

Always happy to get a win over the toffees.

MOTD were raving about Willian but motm for me was Pedro. He's so sharp once he's got the ball.

15. BCBlues

Diego Costa continues feud with Chelsea despite being named in Premier League squad

Sorry for the torygraph link but it's quite a decent article. We've had some right dicks at this club but none who truly believe they are better than the club as much as Costa does.

We should include him in the team for the Forest Game in the League Cup game and let him self implode.

No disrespect to Forest there btw or the League Cup, both are part of great footballing history imo but I doubt Costa would share my enthusiasm.

Badgers and sealion like this.
  16. The39thStep

Hes in Brazil so naming him in a squad is a bit pointless really.

17. BCBlues

Pointless from the actual "is he really going to play" point but we'll worth the "here's another example of him breaking the terms of his contract" angle.

Unless he's got a sick note that stipulates partying in Brazil as therapeutic remedy :D

The39thStep, Badgers and SpookyFrank like this.
  18. The39thStep

He's just been left out of the CL squad

Badgers likes this.
  19. BCBlues

Luiz lost the plot today, his eyes were bulging and he was just looking for trouble later on in the game. I'm surprised Conte never picked up on it and could have taken him off (I saw Ian Porterfield suss Vinny Jones in the same mood and gunning for Tony Daley at Villa in the 80s,. Didnt hesitate to take him off).
    Not a nice side of Luiz's game but overall a fair result today.

Badgers likes this.
  20. The39thStep

Moratta's hat trick was sublime , great movement and his technique is something to behold. Hes so different from any other PL striker, the nearest I can think of is Torres at Liverpool ( not the version we bought)
    The newcomers are settling in but they are also at a point when you can see their weaknesses as well as their talent.
    Stern test in the CL this week with Athletic but its group stage so there is a little safety net.

21. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Hell of a game at Atletico.

22. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

I cannot recall a better away performance by an English team in Europe, at least when you take into account who the opposition was.

BCBlues and The39thStep like this.
  23. The39thStep

Excellent performance against top opponents away and in a very difficult group. BBC Twitter journalists managed to get Luiz=Liability in a few times but failed to mention that Athletico did the same and were unpunished.Hazard was superb, Kante hunted down their midfield and Moratas control, touch and movement was a joy to watch.last minute winner from the Batman really made a night of it. Roma home and away next and both games will be a real battle but the three points tonight give us a bit of a cushion.

BCBlues and agricola like this.
  24. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

The first goal was the highlight for me:

None of the Atletico players do anything bad, its just the cross and the header are that perfect that it cannot be defended against.

The39thStep likes this.
  25. The39thStep

There's an unusually good report on the match in the Guardian. I say unusual because it's written by Sid Lowe who does their Spanish reports so insight into both teams, no axe to grind and none of the predictable lazy stuff ie Chelsea were beaten by Arsenal last year and changed to a back three, Conte's frustrated with transfers, shouldn't have sold Matic to United, the ghost of Jose Mourinho etc which is the hallmark of most match reports.

26. BCBlues

Both our goals were excellent but the movement leading up to Batmans was superb

27. The39thStep

Didnt play a long ball from the free kick which most would do , dazzling movement and passing on the edge of their penalty box.

28. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

The physical side of Morata's game is coming on nicely. He, Kante and Hazard were brilliant last night.

Even I was surprised by the result, amazed by the attitude. Took it to them from the first second, outfought, outplayed and out-everythinged them.

BCBlues, agricola and The39thStep like this.