1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

Nice story mate.
    :facepalm: :D

2. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Bizarrely despite not having seen him in 27 years ago, through football he knows 2 of my mates in Cardiff! and married a girl from 5 miles away!

brixtonblade and sealion like this.
  3. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

Surprised with how Bolton have done having been runners up in league one last season.

4. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

I prefer this! :D

Fez909, krink and sealion like this.
  5. pocketscience

pocketscience Well-Known Member

:D

6. krink

krink I'll do it this afternoon

Just thought i'd join the thread and cheer everyone up; you see I'm Sunderland/Hull (born there/lived there) so this season is looking like one long utterly joyous experience for me

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. sealion

pocketscience likes this.
  8. pocketscience

pocketscience Well-Known Member

sealion likes this.
  9. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Christ Reading are shit at the moment. After last season's play off final defeat there was optimism for this year, but now fans are restless and Jaap Stam has been on the local radio complaining about fans complaining about dull football and piss poor results. Before last night's game Reading had the highest possession stats in the Championship but were what, 6 places off the bottom? Last night, we had 66% possessions and still managed to lose, because, oddly enough, passing the ball sideways and backwards doesn't result in many goals.

Damned glad I follow Winchester City these days, but it's still sad to see Reading struggling like this.

pocketscience and sealion like this.
  10. sealion

11. sealion

Lorca Arry has gone and you start performing. That should be him finished now as a manager.

Lorca likes this.
  12. 1927

Possession and passing counts for fuck all. Games are won by goals. Worst possession and passing in the division is Cardiff, and where are they?

13. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start

yeah, we look more cohesive and solid now, to use a cliche. Though we weren't great against sheff. weds, we still just about won. There's rumours that 'arry was a divisive figure who constantly criticised the players and that there was a punch up between stockdale and brammall, which is why stockdale is out with a wrist injury! I think we will do ok with cotterill and carsley, who knows maybe even make a late run for the play-offs, we have the squad for it imo, we just need some stability and confidence and a clear system and a plan B and some luck! (and a solid midfielder in january). Hull today, hoping for at least a point.
    Anyway, its funny reading some of the other fans forums lately, seems like we're really disliked beyond the usual banter - almost (but not quite) as much as millwall! i don't get it myself, i thought we were low on the radar.

sealion likes this.
  14. Lorca

you've just got to laugh sometimes :D

bromley and sealion like this.
  15. 1927

I haven't stopped!

16. Lorca

17. krink

Sunderland didn't lose, Hull played a hugely out of character blinder! What's going on?? :D

sealion likes this.
  18. sealion

19. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop......Hammertime

Good response from Wednesday to thoroughly outplay Leeds yesterday, at least that's one derby we haven't ballsed up.

Hooper looking like the consistent striker we've needed for a while, and Keiran Lee's goal was a peach.

stavros, brixtonblade and sealion like this.
  20. sealion

21. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

I think that was the first full Championship match I've watched this season. It was weird, almost totally one-way traffic. Wednesday were essentially out of sight by half time, and that was with a goal wrongly ruled out. My Leeds colleague wasn't too impressed with me being right in them having a blip.

22. sealion

23. krink

i hate international breaks but I'm not really looking forward to this weekend either. Sunderland have QPR at home - a draw would be impressive. What's it like in league one now? Probably find out next season :(

24. sealion

25. 1927

Meanwhile football which spunks tens of millions on players and wages is subsidised by the tax payer!

26. sealion

Yeah, Barnet Rochdale etc,,

passenger likes this.
  27. krink

Two good derby games this weekend I'm assuming both will have decent streams. Wolves v Villa 5.30 Saturday and Forrest Derby 1.15 Sunday

sealion likes this.
  28. sealion

29. sealion

Lorca things looking good for the blues since Harry left :thumbs:

Lorca likes this.
  30. krink

Seriously looking at relegation this early on. Ffs man, Sunderland, wtf?????