1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

Weekend stats

30 goals scored including 1 penalty
    8 clean sheets
    1 red card
    Cardiff and Leeds still unbeaten
    Brentford and Bolton yet to win.
    Highest attendance- Leeds v Burton 33,404

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

Cardiff vs Leeds Tues 26th September looking like a red letter day.

3. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start

we've got leeds tuesday, we're gonna get sponked lol! (i just made that word up, but it seems about right anyway.)

Kaka Tim and sealion like this.
  4. sealion

How's harry ? is he down to bare bones yet ?

Lorca likes this.
  5. Kaka Tim

Hopefully im going to see the game.

6. Lorca

'Arry's his usual self, still leaning out of his range rover window on transfer deadline day! He bought or loaned 12 new players in one window, and on Saturday, they unsurprisingly looked and played like 11 strangers, losing to a poor Norwich. We actually signed some very good players but it takes time and I'm not convinced he even knows what formation he wants to use, or what his overall strategy is, which is surprising for such an experienced manager. He seemed to have gone to our faceless Chinese board (no-one even knows who actually owns us, it could even still be the last bloke, who is in prison for money laundering!) and said give me a huge pile of cash and then just blown it on whoever looked a 'triffic' player!

Ah well, despite my whingeing on here, we always have a good laugh at blues, you have to really. Leeds have had a rough time lately, now its their time by the looks of it. We won the league cup in 2011 and had a run in europe and the prem for a while. C'est la vie.

Kaka Tim, sealion and Fez909 like this.
  7. sealion

8. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

passenger likes this.
  9. Lorca

I only listened to the game on the radio, but even though we lost to a decent Leeds team, it sounds like we are starting to slowly get it together. I reckon we will turn it round soon and once it does click, we have some serious quality, we just need more confidence. Just our luck though, our new record signing Jota went off with what looked like a hamstring injury. In other news, great to see Veela cha cha cha struggling!

sealion likes this.
  10. sealion

Midweek goals here
    Video

11. Kaka Tim

I though brum were a bit of a handful - clearly a lot of quality - just its not all come together yet.
    As for leeds - top of the league, top scorers and 6 clean sheets on the bounce - like most leeds fans - im pinching myself.

Fez909, Lorca and sealion like this.
  12. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop......Hammertime

Into the top six and looking better, if not firing on all cylinders yet.

Couple of massive games coming next, away at Cardiff on Saturday and then The Derby the following Sunday.

13. technical

technical stripey

Three Yorkshire teams in the top six.

Got my ticket for the derby match. UTO

Fez909 likes this.
  14. sealion

15. sealion

Im looking forward to tomorrows game at the Den. Leeds are always vocal and get behind the team so it should be a great atmosphere from both sets of fans. We have a decent home record against Leeds but i think on current form i would happily take a point now.

16. brixtonblade

I hope you beat them 5-0 :thumbs:

sealion likes this.
  17. sealion

That's being greedy. Four will do me :D
    I see you have Norwich tomorrow at home. They were crap at our place and have conceded 4 goals in the last two aways. You could end up top of the pile if results go your way tomorrow, good luck.

brixtonblade likes this.
  18. brixtonblade

Now that _is_ getting greedy... TBH, I'd rather not go into the derby top - asking for trouble.

19. sealion

I dunno, It would do wonders for morale and it's something to defend. Then again beating wednesday to go top would be sweeter for the fans though!

20. brixtonblade

As ever, looking ahead to the derby I'd take a draw. Really hate that fixture.

21. sealion

Old bill overkill and a bad tempered poor quality game is my experience of derby matches. It brings out all the big game loons as well.

22. brixtonblade

Yes. And these days a spot of price gouging too.

23. pocketscience

pocketscience Well-Known Member

What a result for Millwall!!!!!
    Watched the game courtesy of a live youtube channel (LUTV) - Millwall played some great attacking football while Leeds didn't even get a sniff of the game. Could easily have been 4-0.
    :thumbs:

sealion and Lorca like this.
  24. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop......Hammertime

Fucking 96th minute equaliser.

I really hate Neil Warnock.

sealion and mx wcfc like this.
  25. Lorca

'Arry's gone! These club owners are absolutely mental - give him the funds to buy 12 players, and remember we don't have much money and then sack him after 6 odd games. Honestly, there's always some crap going on at blues, you have to laugh. Mind, I bet the bloke that got the tattoo of 'Arry leaning out of his range rover regrets it now lol. :D

sealion likes this.
  26. brixtonblade

Didn't see that coming. Mind you 6 losses on the bounce isn't too clever

27. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

I'm starting to love the old cunt!

brixtonblade likes this.
  28. sealion

Four nil would have been a fair result. One goal chalked off by the Lino but fuck knows why and we battered them from start to finish with them failing to get a single shot on target. We played some great stuff and had silenced the Leeds contingent long before we scored. Im not sure whether it's because we played so well or Leeds just had an off day but they don't look nothing special. Both there wingers were subbed at half time after a torrid time from O'brien and wallace. A good week all in all picking up 4 points from two tough games.

Lorca and pocketscience like this.
  29. sealion

Harry won't be losing any sleep as he gets another contract payed in full. I hope he never gets another job in the game, the horrible sly cunt.

30. pocketscience

pocketscience Well-Known Member

Credit where it's due. You could see Leeds are a decent side (when they had the ball) but Millwall simply played them off the park - with very attractive football. Freakish